Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:49:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Professional PCB & Electronics Design, Rapid Prototyping, Testing  (Read 2929 times)
Bonam (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 06:10:07 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2015, 12:55:00 AM by Bonam

About Me
I've been working as a research engineer in the scientific electronics field for several years. My experience includes experimental system design, circuit design, PCB design, rapid prototyping and PCB testing and debugging. I've designed PCBs for use with a variety of projects including in fusion energy research, experimental space propulsion systems, magnetic diagnostics, pulse power systems, and plasma sources. I also have experience with automatic/feedback control, DC-DC converters, and fiber optic communications. I am curious to see if there is a market for my services here in the bitcoin world. I'm relatively new to bitcoins but am very much interested in the concept, have set up a little mining farm, etc.

I am happy to design circuits or experimental systems, layout PCBs, or do other related work. I also have contacts in PCB production/assembly and could help facilitate low-medium volume production. Your project can be bitcoin related, or totally unrelated to bitcoins.

Services
1) PCB Layout. If you have a complete circuit design for your project and need PCBs designed, I can do this quickly and efficiently. For all but the most complex PCBs, 1-3 days of design time should be sufficient. I can also select the needed components and prepare a bill of materials, order all the parts and a short run of PCBs, and assemble (not QFN/BGA) and test. I have substantial experience in optimizing PCB design for thermal performance, minimal resistive and inductive losses, low EMI noise sensitivity/radiation, long term reliability and robustness, and high voltage safety.

2) Conceptual Design to Production. If you have a general idea of what you want a piece of technology to do, we can work together to flesh out the idea, design a practical system, and develop and produce the necessary components (both electrical and mechanical) which may be required. Besides circuits and PCBs, I can design mechanical systems, system enclosures, vacuum and cryogenic systems, magnetics and superconducting magnetics, and embedded autonomous/control systems. I have experience taking projects from a rough idea on a whiteboard to a finished product that is ready for commercial use. If you have a great idea but aren't quite sure about the technical aspects and need someone that understands physics, math, and engineering to get things rolling, I'd love to help.

Terms
Depending on the scope of the project, payment in bitcoins and/or USD could be accepted. If interested, please first contact me by PM here (if you only post in this thread I may miss it for a while). We can then exchange contact information and discuss your needs by email/IM/skype/etc. I live in Seattle and would also be happy to meet in person if desired. We can then develop a project plan of action and timeline for your project and make it a reality. Payment can be arranged on a per project or an hourly basis. I will most likely only work on 1-2 projects at a time and will not work simultaneously on projects for parties in competition with each other (to avoid conflicts of interest). I am happy to work on either open source or proprietary designs and can sign NDAs if needed.

Limitations
I don't have the skills/knowledge to design ASICs, program FPGAs, develop websites, or write Windows/Linux applications (although I can code microcontrollers if needed). Although I could learn these things as part of a long term project (I'm a quick learner), if you are looking primarily for these services I'm probably not your guy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:32:47 PM

Could you build this? maybe improve on it a little?

http://imakeprojects.com/Projects/RFID-skull/
Bonam (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 02:57:59 AM

Yes, I could build that. I am not an expert on RFID, so I would need to learn a bit about that, but the other aspects of the project are very straightforward. I would likely use an Arduino microcontroller board as I am very familiar with those and could get that working pretty quick. If this is a one-off item, it may be cheaper to do as a breadboard assembled circuit as in your link, rather than a PCB. If you wanted a few of these, I'd probably design and order some PCBs. Improving on the basic design should be easy, let me know any additional features/specifications you would like. I will PM you a proposed project timeline and costing.
Bonam (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:50:09 PM

Now actively working on an electronics project for 1 client. Will post some samples of work in a few weeks. Still open to additional requests at this time!
SlyFoxy12

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:12:04 PM

Hey just what I'm looking for.

Can you take something like this:

https://estore.ti.com/BQ500210EVM-689-Evaluation-Module-for-bq500210-Qi-Compliant-Wireless-Power-Transmitter-Manager-P2529.aspx

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=2146057&CMP=KNC-GUK-FUK-GEN-SKU-G12&mckv=sLhgWcOs1|pcrid|13359103509|kword|bq500210evm-689|match|p|plid

and simplify the board down to being a basic QI charger board that is driven off a USB connection for power and also has an IO pin(s) for driving two LEDs when a induction of the coil is occurring?

Must use Wireless Power Consortium standard components but I'm sure if you follow what this unit has it'd meet that spec.

I'm assuming this isn't all the horrible a job bar understanding some of the spacing/shielding aspects surely it's just simplifying the layout?

Message me if you wish to ask further questions?
Bonam (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:27:02 AM

Thanks for your interest SlyFoxy! I will send you a PM with some questions about your project and some contact info shortly.
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:20:14 AM

Boman and myself have entered into an agreement to build a pretty cool prop for my field. Will advise on it's progress as we go. If all goes well this could be a lovely partnership for many products to come.

Oh and bump
byter

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 11:45:31 AM

Would you be able create a FPGA miner, using the Kintex 7 K325T open source miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=9047.0

For less than 250$ a piece?
Bonam (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 03:20:45 AM

Hi byter,

Sorry to not reply right away. I was out of town over the weekend. In regards to your question, I think the answer is probably not. Developing an FPGA miner system, even based on documented open source information, would take considerable time, research, and prototype costs (NRE). I'd have to look at the material costs for the project, but even if they could be reduced to substantially below $250 each, recovering the NRE would mean you'd need quite large volumes, and I don't know that the demand for such volumes of FPGA miners exists, especially with a comparable offering (Lancelot) already available. Also, not being an expert on FPGAs, I don't know that I would necessarily be the best person to develop a new product in a highly time-sensitive application where there are already competitors. Sorry to disappoint! However, I'd much rather say no up front than promise something that I can't deliver.
Bonam (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 02:56:22 AM

Update: Now actively working on projects for two clients. Still open to additional projects at this time, though probably just one more as I don't want to be working on too many at once.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 07:02:45 AM

I just wanted to make an update here to give my opinion of Bonam's services. He is a professional who knows what he is talking about. I gave him general specs for a reasonably complicated electronic design project which required some improvisation and design experience and he followed thru. For the amount of work he did, the quality of the product, and his level of service, the price was quite reasonable. I really can't even think of anything to complain about. I am glad I chose Bonam for my electronics design project and I would recommend his services.

Thanks again!
Bonam (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 07:12:45 AM

Thanks Tecshare! Glad you liked the finished product.
officeroo

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:06:49 PM

HI ,
im looking into designing some tracking device or real time location system inside a house . the project is about keeping track of the person/persons position /positioned inside a house and show the location as a spot on the floor plan .which room he or she is in will do .

please let me know if you are up to that !

thanks
Bonam (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:04:32 PM

Bump.

I've been busy for a while and not taking on new projects but now have time for more projects again. Please PM if interested.
RDEY

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:59:30 PM

Dear Bonam,

I require your services for Conceptual Design to Production. Currently I have been contacted to do a "Wireless Controlled Electric Home/Office Energy Meter". The basic requirement is as follows -
1.Design and Built has to be cost effective. 2. Meters can be remotely operated with reading and bill generation facilities and also shut-off and powering on facilities. 3. Communication of the above 2 point would be done via wireless medium. 4. Should be rugged enough to withstand remote locations and different climatic conditions.

My email ID is ramyo.dey@gmail.com

Please do contact me, so that we can move forward with this project.

R.Dey
jackwilliams

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:44:02 AM

I was wondering where do you fabricate your products, especially PCB and PCB assembly?
Would you have a try on some EMS service online ?
Some ones like: NexPCB, OneStop, Seeed
Bonam (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:07:22 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 09:36:28 PM by Bonam

Bump. Now accepting new projects! An example of some of the work I've done for another bitcointalk member: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=610453.msg8208963#msg8208963
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: