Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DGC] The DigitalCoin Foundation to take on future DigitalCoin Development  (Read 4983 times)
kenel (OP)

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:48:20 PM

As of this weekend, The DigitalCoin Foundation will hereafter assume the development responsibilities of DigitalCoin. Ahmedbodi, an early and reliable supporter of DigitalCoin (and great developer), is assisting with our transition and has accepted the role as developer of DigitalCoin.

The DigitalCoin Foundation will also assume the hosting and maintenance responsibilities of the DigitalCoin Github.

During this transition period, we are working on several technical upgrades to DigitalCoin to further stabilize the network and provide the reliability we've come to expect from our coin both now and into the foreseeable future. More details will be released after the initial testing phase has been completed, but they are very exciting changes!

Rest assured we will continue to improve DigitalCoin with the best intentions and the highest scrutiny.  The DigitalCoin Foundation aims for absolute transparency, so please, I invite any and all questions to be asked - and answered to the best of my (or another foundation member's) ability.

To the future of DigitalCoin - A currency for the digital age!
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:49:45 PM

I can confirm that what was posted above is true

Ahmed

andy35

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:56:44 PM

Why did baritus stop being the dev?
iGotAIDS

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:19:46 PM

Because he dumped the premine and bailed; BCX can confirm, he chased him from thread to thread for awhile over it.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:20:32 PM

He is dedicating his time to CryptoAve exchange and feels DGC will be better off under the care of the Digitalcoin Foundation.  

-tb-

kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:34:03 PM

Because he dumped the premine and bailed; BCX can confirm, he chased him from thread to thread for awhile over it.

If the timing was closer to this occurrence, I could see the correlation. It's not. Also, it's in the past, and baritus is no longer the developer of DigitalCoin.

Instead this thread turning into 'baritus' 'baritus' 'baritus', why don't we focus a bit on DigitalCoin, ahmed, and the exciting things we have forthcoming.

If you didn't like baritus, and baritus was the reason for you not investing in DigitalCoin in the first place; let's put that aside, it's a dead issue now.

I think you will be kicking yourself if you do not add DigitalCoin to your crypto portfolio soon.
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:35:44 PM

I also invite you to ask any questions you'd like in our IRC -- irc.freenode.net #digitalcoin .
andy35

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:18:25 AM

we are working on several technical upgrades to DigitalCoin to further stabilize the network and provide the reliability we've come to expect from our coin

These changes don't include a swap to PoS or anything do they?
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:24:01 AM

These changes don't include a swap to PoS or anything do they?

No they do not.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 12:40:16 AM

Well, Ahmed Bodi is a solid dev and trustworthy.  I would buy more DGC just for that reason alone.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys put together.  Good luck!

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:04:59 AM

So why doesn't Baritus post this if it is a "friendly" hand off?

~BCX~

What are you suggesting?  Maybe it's not friendly.  Maybe Baritus doesn't have a choice and he doesn't wanna be a good sport?  Hard to say but I'm glad DGC is finally on track to make some progress cause it's a good coin and has a great community.

kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:06:17 AM

Baritus announced this prior to me posting in the main DigitalCoin thread.

I thought it would be better to create a separate thread.
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:43:20 AM

Where?

~BCX~

You're right; I apologize, I thought it was him. It was not.

He announced it on the DigitalCoin forums.
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:08:04 AM

No problem -- didn't know if I could post links to other message boards or not......

http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1261.msg9252.html
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:03:14 AM

why didn't he post this info himself ?
or why not Mt CryptoAve ?

and why the vanishing act since his hacking incident ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 06:14:53 AM

why didn't he post this info himself ?
or why not Mt CryptoAve ?

and why the vanishing act since his hacking incident ?

I think Baritus is scared of BCX.  Lol.  What a short sighted fool Baritus was.  Millions can be made off good cryptos (like DGC) in the coming 12 months and it can be done clean and honest.  He had so much pull and influence in this industry for a guy who can't even code.  Really pathetic.

I'm glad we have guys like BCX to kick these guys' [virtual] asses.  I'd do the same if I had mining gear.  We need a few Carl Icahns around here.  lol.

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:50:35 AM

TBQH i cant comment on baritus's motives as i have no idea myself. The main thing is things are being handed over to the foundation so now we can make some real changes to DGC in v3

Ahmed

Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 11:20:12 AM

Although Digitalcoin is not necessarily a community coin now, it is under the control of a group of very well intentioned capable individuals. One man no longer decides what will and will not be done, and all opinions and suggestions are welcome.

After reading hundreds of anti-baritus posts from BCX in the name of fairness, honesty, and transparency, I am looking forward to hearing some constructive thoughts now that baritus is leaving.

TT

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:42:06 PM

the public is going to want to see the guy with a shady past is out of the picture.
for the reason of investor confidence.

after Baritus's fiasco over the employee of his stealing 30 grand usd worth of DGC coins i have lost trust in that guy
and i would want to know that he is in fact truly for real out of the DGC picture so to speak.
If he is and the DGC investors are carrying on WITH OUT HIM then i wish them good luck with things.
and i would be furious (as a potential investor) to find out later that Baritus was still involved some how though..

i never had any problem with Baritus in the slightest before but some months back i lost any trust in the guy
with his morphing load of bull excuse train after the DGC theft incident.

I think he really blew it (his reputation) and had he even just said he spent the coins he would have been far better off
even if he REALLY was stolen from.. in that case even lying to say he dumped them would have made him look far better than his weak ass bs excuse.

Baritus if your reading this sorry i have nothing against you but i think you dug yourself a hole way back killing your reputation which is sad.

i'd say the DGC name is tarnished now though.. history is history.

FUD first & ask questions later™
sonihr

Activity: 454

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:11:00 AM

Does baritus still hold the keys to the exchange? I still have some shares there...

What goes around comes around...
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: