Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:55:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DGC] The DigitalCoin Foundation to take on future DigitalCoin Development  (Read 4983 times)
kenel (OP)

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:22:44 AM

Does baritus still hold the keys to the exchange? I still have some shares there...

He Does. The Foundation has nothing to do with the exchange.

The answers you may be looking for may be able to be found here:

http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1262.0.html

Once you read that, you will know as much as we do regarding the exchange.
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:25:22 AM

the public is going to want to see the guy with a shady past is out of the picture.
for the reason of investor confidence.

after Baritus's fiasco over the employee of his stealing 30 grand usd worth of DGC coins i have lost trust in that guy
and i would want to know that he is in fact truly for real out of the DGC picture so to speak.
If he is and the DGC investors are carrying on WITH OUT HIM then i wish them good luck with things.
and i would be furious (as a potential investor) to find out later that Baritus was still involved some how though..

i never had any problem with Baritus in the slightest before but some months back i lost any trust in the guy
with his morphing load of bull excuse train after the DGC theft incident.

I think he really blew it (his reputation) and had he even just said he spent the coins he would have been far better off
even if he REALLY was stolen from.. in that case even lying to say he dumped them would have made him look far better than his weak ass bs excuse.

Baritus if your reading this sorry i have nothing against you but i think you dug yourself a hole way back killing your reputation which is sad.

i'd say the DGC name is tarnished now though.. history is history.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this.

I believe if you join us on IRC in #digitalcoin on irc.freenode.net .... you'll .... realize that .... most of what is expressed in your post is something you shouldn't worry about?
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:01:09 PM

Just a side note, I will be releasing shortly some more specific details on the changes we are working on for DigitalCoin. Much debate went into the final decision by The Foundation, and we believe we have come up with a well encompassing solution.
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:41:17 AM

A little teaser about what we're working on:

- Multi Algorithm Mining
- A New Difficulty Adjustment Algorithm
- Blockchain data storage (possibly more than the run of the mill 80 bytes)
- Few other things still under discussion and development

The Foundation has begun testing these features, and once the testing is completed, we will release more specific information regarding DGC V3.0.
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:46:13 AM

Should also point out that most of the discussion on our progress takes place on our DigitalCoin forum (http://digitalcoin.co/forum/) or in our IRC Channel at irc.freenode.net #digitalcoin . Feel free to join us!
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:01:12 AM

Should also point out that most of the discussion on our progress takes place on our DigitalCoin forum (http://digitalcoin.co/forum/) or in our IRC Channel at irc.freenode.net #digitalcoin . Feel free to join us!

Unfortunately those mediums only reach a very small subset of users.

Dogecoin for all of its shortcomings has solidly proven that success in this forum is critical to success period.

If you cannot succeed here, your coin will fail.

Harsh, but true.

~BCX~

Fair enough. Point taken. Any suggestions?
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:36:12 AM

Thanks for the updates Kenel. DGC is undergoing some interesting changes for the better with the help of the Digitalcoin Foundation.

Its great to see people like Kenel take a leading role ,trying to bring about some positive change and encouraging community input on how we move Digitalcoin forward.

On another plus side the price has been moving up nicely as well over the past few days.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:47:17 AM

Might be good to start a "Digitalcoin 3.0 Proposal" thread here on bitcointalk.

Bitcoin Forum > Other > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins)

TT
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:51:24 AM

which is simply preaching to the converted  Wink no growth in any industry by that approach.
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 03:40:18 AM

On another plus side the price has been moving up nicely as well over the past few days.

I could fix that for you if you want given the measley hash rate that is on this coin.

I'm still not convinced Baritus is actually gone.

FWIW I don't particularly have anything against the coin itself.

I'm just curious why the DGC foundation is so "pandering" to him going out the door given the fact that everyone knows he has burned this coin and his investors badly.

~BCX~

You're right, baritus isn't gone. Thankfully.

We're working on a clean, drama free transition, and baritus is helping with it.

Just business, nothing personal. It's best for all of us this way, and makes things much easier.

TT
kenel (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:05:39 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 04:36:59 AM by kenel

I could fix that for you if you want given the measley hash rate that is on this coin.

I'm still not convinced Baritus is actually gone.

FWIW I don't particularly have anything against the coin itself.

I'm just curious why the DGC foundation is so "pandering" to him going out the door given the fact that everyone knows he has burned this coin and his investors badly.

~BCX~

Baritus still holds quantities of DGC, ARG, SRC, and CAVE.

The Foundation is now in the processes of the transferring of the domain, github, etc al. to our control.

Baritus will no longer be involved in the day to day of DigitalCoin, but he is not disappearing completely. I believe he has new plans for his exchange.

In terms of the coin itself....I'm not sure what you're not believing here, but...unless you're claiming ahmed is baritus, I'm not quite sure what you mean?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 05:19:07 AM

Baritus still holds quantities of DGC, ARG, SRC, and CAVE.

The Foundation is now in the processes of the transferring of the domain, github, etc al. to our control.

Baritus will no longer be involved in the day to day of DigitalCoin, but he is not disappearing completely. I believe he has new plans for his exchange.

In terms of the coin itself....I'm not sure what you're not believing here, but...unless you're claiming ahmed is baritus, I'm not quite sure what you mean?

I think BCX is saying that Baritus will be running everything from behind the scenes and he's speculating this based on the fact [that from his perspective] you guys don't seem to have the attitude towards Baritus which would be expected of a foundation who have been who betrayed and robbed by someone (Baritus).

Frankly I'm not as concerned as long as the coin does well but BCX isn't in this for the money [per sé] so he's got the freedom to be more idealistic.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 05:22:49 AM

We're working on a clean, drama free transition, and baritus is helping with it.

Just business, nothing personal. It's best for all of us this way, and makes things much easier.

TT

Are you on the DGC foundation?

If so you should [quickly] take on a different attitude before BCX turns DigitalCoin into DigitalShit, right at the crucial time when the next crypto boom starts.

I own a little DGC and I'd prefer to not see that happen.  Baritus should have had a bit more brains and integrity than he proved to [NOT] have.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:02:36 AM

the public is going to want to see the guy with a shady past is out of the picture.
for the reason of investor confidence.

after Baritus's fiasco over the employee of his stealing 30 grand usd worth of DGC coins i have lost trust in that guy
and i would want to know that he is in fact truly for real out of the DGC picture so to speak.
If he is and the DGC investors are carrying on WITH OUT HIM then i wish them good luck with things.
and i would be furious (as a potential investor) to find out later that Baritus was still involved some how though..

i never had any problem with Baritus in the slightest before but some months back i lost any trust in the guy
with his morphing load of bull excuse train after the DGC theft incident.

I think he really blew it (his reputation) and had he even just said he spent the coins he would have been far better off
even if he REALLY was stolen from.. in that case even lying to say he dumped them would have made him look far better than his weak ass bs excuse.

Baritus if your reading this sorry i have nothing against you but i think you dug yourself a hole way back killing your reputation which is sad.

i'd say the DGC name is tarnished now though.. history is history.

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this.

I believe if you join us on IRC in #digitalcoin on irc.freenode.net .... you'll .... realize that .... most of what is expressed in your post is something you shouldn't worry about?

sorry but i am really fed up with people posting here "your wrong"..
and to prove it you have to go and listen to me talk on IRC or search online for some web site or something..

if you have something to say then say it.. for the benefit of us readers HERE.
that is why they call this place BitcoinTalk and why we are talking about Altcoins in the Altcoin section.

FUD first & ask questions later™
r32godzilla

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:17:57 AM

I think some people are missing the point here. We are trying to be constructive , positive and move on. Baritus is no longer holding the reigns on DGC and has handed over control to the Digitalcoin Foundation. Maybe thats hard for some to believe but its true.

There is some good work going on by the Digitalcoin Foundation to improve DGC which will be shown over the coming months. Shouldn't we just focus on the future and not continue to dwell on the past?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:29:04 AM

If anyone else is curious about who is on the DGC Foundation, here is the list:  http://digitalcoin.foundation/members/

For all the DGC supporters out there, the donation address is at the bottom.  We need your support with the initial development changes to digitalcoin.  The Foundation is investing in asic hardware
for further support.

For all the baritus haters, we can't convince you to believe that the Foundation is taking complete control of DGC development.  But you should know that all members of the Foundation are frustrated with the way DGC development was handled.  Perhaps when you see real progress from the transition and changes, you will see DGC as an altcoin with potential and not a coin tainted with a history.  And hopefully then, some of you will come to support DGC and the Foundation.

-tb-

r32godzilla

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:50:38 AM

TT

If so you should [quickly] take on a different attitude before BCX turns DigitalCoin into DigitalShit, right at the crucial time when the next crypto boom starts.

I own a little DGC and I'd prefer to not see that happen.  Baritus should have had a bit more brains and integrity than he proved to [NOT] have.

Cheers!

Yes that was a fairly typical "Baritus" like response wasn't it.

You DGC Foundation guys are sending mixed signals for sure. Some of the DGC foundation is expressing pretty much what everyone knows is true while others are still in Baritus fanboy mode. I think it would be cool if this coin found a way to thrive without Baritus but I am going to spend the next couple of days bringing up ~1.5 ghs of scrypt to deal with the next brave soul that wishes to literally stick DGC's neck on the line to cover for Baritus.

For the record the major reason I haven't stomped this supposed DGC resurrection into oblivion is simply due to Ahmed Bodi who I do like a lot. Maybe you guys should consider asking Vlad to work with you.

~BCX~

DGC will go on without Baritus I'm sure in a positive way now that the Digitalcoin Foundation has taken over control. I agree Ahmed is a good guy who has been a long time supporter of DGC and is doing some great work.

We would welcome Vlad on board as I have said before he has made some very good calls in the past about the big jump in Bitcoin price when everyone else including myself laughed and also in calling the rise on DGC last year. I'd encourage you guys to drop into Digitalcoin IRC on Freenode and help provide some ideas on how to improve Digitalcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:43:07 AM

TT

I own a little DGC and I'd prefer to not see that happen.  Baritus should have had a bit more brains and integrity than he proved to [NOT] have.

Cheers!

Yes that was a fairly typical "Baritus" like response wasn't it.

You DGC Foundation guys are sending mixed signals for sure. Some of the DGC foundation is expressing pretty much what everyone knows is true while others are still in Baritus fanboy mode. I think it would be cool if this coin found a way to thrive without Baritus but I am going to spend the next couple of days bringing up ~1.5 ghs of scrypt to deal with the next brave DGC Foundation member that wishes to literally stick DGC's neck on the line to cover for Baritus.

For the record the major reason I haven't stomped this supposed DGC resurrection into oblivion is simply due to Ahmed Bodi whom I do like a lot.  Good guy. Maybe you guys should consider asking Vlad to work with you.

~BCX~

BCX, lets not go down this route again please, Baritus has gone as a Dev and he ain't coming back.

There has been a lack of publicly posted information since Baritus resigned, I'm going to set that right in this post.

Personally I favoured an immediate announcement when Baritus resigned but waited for an official notice from the DGC foundation.

This official notice didn't come so here's my version of it :

Baritus resigned with zero notice last week, he dumped the DGC. ARG and SRC projects to concentrate on the CryptoAve software.

A few days after resigning as coin dev Baritus announced that CryptoAve will close as an operating exchange and will in the future after further development work be available for licensing as a turnkey exchange package for anyone who wants to open a Crypto exchange of their own.

Ahmed has taken over coin development and has been doing some great work modernising the coin.

You can't get more blunt than that. Baritus still exists as a holder and perhaps as a miner but he's no longer participating in coin development. It's up to anyone who's left to make any changes deemed necessary now.

This is where things started to change. Late last month Baritus proposed some changes in this thread on our forum :

http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1243.0.html

After some initial replies to the above post he then disappeared from the forum for about a week, mentioned something about not having time to develop the coin. Then he resigned.

The new changes since Baritus has left are going to be as follows :

"Of the technical changes being discussed, all agreed to pursue a multi algorithm system with three algorithms - scrypt,  sha256, and x11."

" It was finally agreed to stay with 40 second per algorithm block rate, and a 5 DGC per algorithm block reward.  Ahmed will adjust the initial difficulties before launch."

"Ahmed will be doing most of this work, and everything will be implemented in a testnet so that all changes can be thoroughly tested before release. "

Testing is ongoing on testnet at the moment.

There are also going to be changes to the way the difficulty is calculated although I'm not familiar with them.

As for Baritus, I haven't seen him around much since his resignation apart from the time he came back to announce the closure of CryptoAve.

From the CryptoAve thread on our forum :

http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1262.0.html

"CryptoAve.Com will cease to operate as an exchange on September 15th, 9:00 PM GMT. Please withdraw all your coins and make any share trades before then. "
liquidiser

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:44:15 AM

Baritus still exists as a holder and perhaps as a miner but he's no longer participating in coin development. It's up to anyone who's left to make any changes deemed necessary now.

The quote below hints that Baritus is still somehow involved because he concludes it by saying "Join Us".

If you're looking for a solid, community run coin that's been going perfectly for more than year, look no farther than DigitalCoin.

Coin Site:
http://digitalcoin.co

DigitalCoin Foundation:
http://digitalcoin.foundation

DGC gives you the power to vote for the future direction of the coin through the foundation. No one else can offer democracy like that.

Join Us!

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:48:54 AM

Baritus still exists as a holder and perhaps as a miner but he's no longer participating in coin development. It's up to anyone who's left to make any changes deemed necessary now.

The quote below hints that Baritus is still somehow involved because he concludes it by saying "Join Us".

If you're looking for a solid, community run coin that's been going perfectly for more than year, look no farther than DigitalCoin.

Coin Site:
http://digitalcoin.co

DigitalCoin Foundation:
http://digitalcoin.foundation

DGC gives you the power to vote for the future direction of the coin through the foundation. No one else can offer democracy like that.

Join Us!

Baritus quit as the coin dev and the coin is being massively redeveloped by someone else now.

I suspect he probably still holds plenty of DGC, hence the 'join us', of course anyone can be part of the DGC community.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: