Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:25:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DGC] The DigitalCoin Foundation to take on future DigitalCoin Development  (Read 4983 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:49:23 AM

Its a shame i really loved this coin and i rode it up to .70 cents and then down to .03 cents. The day that guy stole the coins and dumped them on cryptsy really gave this coin a black eye.  Cry
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:57:09 AM

Its a shame i really loved this coin and i rode it up to .70 cents and then down to .03 cents. The day that guy stole the coins and dumped them on cryptsy really gave this coin a black eye.  Cry

It's all change now, sit back and watch the other Scrypt only coins turn to shit due to the ASIC mine and dump mentality.

DGC is taking active steps to tackle this problem.

We're also making changes which will enable protocols like coloured coins, timestamping, etc to function on top of the DGC blockchain. Instead of discouraging this kind of thing we're planning on embracing it to encourage further development and acceptance.
liquidiser

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:12:20 PM

What's timestamping?
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:17:39 PM

What's timestamping?

Something like this although this is a basic and crude example : http://www.proofofexistence.com

With many more bytes available third party signatures and public keys for verifying could be used as well.

We're still talking about the data in the blockchain thing at the moment, how to handle fees, data sizes, etc.
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:23:48 PM

You're right, baritus isn't gone. Thankfully.

We're working on a clean, drama free transition, and baritus is helping with it.

Just business, nothing personal. It's best for all of us this way, and makes things much easier.

TT

Are you on the DGC foundation?

If so you should [quickly] take on a different attitude before BCX turns DigitalCoin into DigitalShit, right at the crucial time when the next crypto boom starts.

I own a little DGC and I'd prefer to not see that happen.  Baritus should have had a bit more brains and integrity than he proved to [NOT] have.

Cheers!

I am a member of the Foundation.  I was not, nor was I even involved in Digitalcoin, when the scandal was in full swing. Likewise I own no shares in cryptoave, which some view as the latest baritus debacle. Since I have been involved I have worked hard, along with others, to pull Digitalcoin out of a tailspin.

There are some who share your thoughts Vlad2Vlad, and oddly enough, some who are disappointed in baritus for resigning.  Personal feelings aside, the most important thing the Digitalcoin Foundation can do right now is work on a clean transition and bring some value back to folks like you who still hold DGC.

You have my personal guarantee that there is nothing going on behind the scenes (that I'm aware of at least) to keep baritus involved in decisions or development beyond this transition. I would not make a statement like that in front of this crowd unless it was the truth. Likewise, we cannot prevent anyone from owning DGC or working on projects that include DGC, so please don't view the absence of a witch hunt as any sort of endorsement. On the other hand, I encourage folks like you and BCX to remain vigilant and keep us honest, but would really find more value in opinions on the future direction of Digitalcoin, especially now during this transition.

TT
ahmedbodi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:50:31 PM

@BCX

The silence from is due to my main acount being banned for some reason. I wanted to not post under this account so as to not confuse people but alas that wasnt possible.

I can confirm myself that al the changes described i am working on. Infact we already have a testnet and a private main-net which has the essentials of the V3 code running at the moment.

Baritus is not working on the DGC code and will not for the forseeable future. He has stated his intentions of not longer wanting to work on DGC, ARG or SRC and so i intend to take over as part of the foundation and making the changes which we're never possible.
If any member of the community has any reasonable changes that they want making then please send me a message here, on IRC or on github and if at all possible a pull request too.

Ahmed
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:26:13 PM

everything been passed over.. related web sites / domains etc ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
liquidiser

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:29:04 PM

The silence from is due to my main acount being banned for some reason.

Have the mods said how long the ban is for?
ahmedbodi

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:31:59 PM

nope. sent an appeal to theymos but no reply yet
ahmedbodi

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:33:38 PM

everything been passed over.. related web sites / domains etc ?
As far as im aware the forum is being passed over still (although we do have constant backups of the db so we can move elsewhere). None of the coin related stuff has been passed over that i currently am in need of such as github account's (or repo's), alert key's etc.

Ahmed
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:43:36 PM

Ahmed please reconsider letting these guys change the hashing algo !

i have no dog in this race but it just seems to me that is what is planned and a VERY BAD IDEA !

changing it from Scrypt specifically to any other Algo would be colossally unfair.
think about it..
Scrypt Asic's exist and have for a while now..
So if it was now some mix of other algo's like Quark's algo etc it would now be unfair to current new miners.

And it's kind a funny i just seen DigitalIndustry asking "HOW DO I MINE THIS COIN"
THEN,
I seen some foundation member pretty much saying that was the plan.. how did DigitalIndustry maybe know ? coincidence ?

Once a coin is scypt (and big and old enough) you just can't go and change the algo..
Imagine if Litecoin was now all of a sudden with no warning changed the LTC devs to be X13.

and by the way i really hate the X11 or X13 branding gay bullshit..
taking 12 different hashing algo's and forcing them together is not a smart revolution to crypto and it does not need a catchy name lol
it's all just name brand bullshit to lure in fanboys so they have something to latch onto and promote.

ahmedbodi

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:49:03 PM

Haha

Spoet i think you're misunderstanding brother. I'm not that stupid. You dont really think i'd even consider letting everyone go through with something like that since im the one coding it did you?. We're turning multialgorithm.

3 x Algorithms consisting of sha256, scrypt and x11. Each algorithm has an independent diff based on the rate of blocks being found based off the average of the last 10 blocks and 20 minutes(Using DigiShield retargeting system) to ensure that we have an average  block time of 40 seconds.

Each block has an block reward of 5 coins reducing the current inflation by a 1/3.

Ahmed
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:00:52 PM

ok well that don't sound as bad as just changing to X11 or something LOL

good luck with that Ahmed sorry i don't reply to your PM too eh..
i would rather talk publicly for everyone's benefit though, unless it's something people consider private Wink

i just hope you seen what i meant about that Algo change concern.. any time i hear about that coming i cringe !

ahmedbodi

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:04:08 PM

Yep i would think so Smiley

Thanks very much spoet i appreciate it. Really its all fine its nothing private anyways i do want to know though what you mean about the pool that samson posted.

And yes i definitely know what you mean about the algo change. No serious coin would do that since it's just going to cripple it.

Ahmed
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 10:38:54 PM

Lots of different ideas were kicked around. We are fortunate to have had Ahmed consult, because frankly we we going in circles until he stepped in.

Development and testing is in progress, and nobody is trying to keep any secrets, but at the same time nobody wants to step out on a limb and say what will be happening until things are a bit more solid.

As it stands we're extremely excited about changes to the main code plus a new feature or two, changes to the main wallet, updates to secondary wallets, and some new businesses on the horizon.

There is still a lot of work to be done, so don't get impatient, but Digitalcoin will be making some serious progress in the not to distant future.

TT
kenel (OP)

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:43:27 PM

Ahmed please reconsider letting these guys change the hashing algo !

i have no dog in this race but it just seems to me that is what is planned and a VERY BAD IDEA !

changing it from Scrypt specifically to any other Algo would be colossally unfair.
think about it..
Scrypt Asic's exist and have for a while now..
So if it was now some mix of other algo's like Quark's algo etc it would now be unfair to current new miners.

And it's kind a funny i just seen DigitalIndustry asking "HOW DO I MINE THIS COIN"
THEN,
I seen some foundation member pretty much saying that was the plan.. how did DigitalIndustry maybe know ? coincidence ?

Once a coin is scypt (and big and old enough) you just can't go and change the algo..
Imagine if Litecoin was now all of a sudden with no warning changed the LTC devs to be X13.

and by the way i really hate the X11 or X13 branding gay bullshit..
taking 12 different hashing algo's and forcing them together is not a smart revolution to crypto and it does not need a catchy name lol
it's all just name brand bullshit to lure in fanboys so they have something to latch onto and promote.

The purpose of our decision for multi-algo is to allow people to use hardware that is otherwise be a good doorstep now that ASICs exist. Scrypt will still exist.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: