Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 12:24:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Marketing Legal Services  (Read 866 times)
joelpatterson (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:58:24 AM

I'm a British lawyer who is considering informally selling legal services for bitcoin as a personal project. I could assist people involved in or considering litigation, by advising them or drafting relevant documents and court forms, for example. I could also advise on contract law or commercial disputes of any kind.

I hope that it would appeal to people who required legal advice at a cheaper rate because I would avoid the full overhead of a law firm. Also, I may be able to offer anonymity to my client where the subject might be particularly sensitive, in a way that a traditional law firm could not.

However, I don't really know how I could market myself? If anyone has any suggestions then I would be grateful. How could I find a client base?
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:46:57 AM

I like this idea but you may also want to start a thread in the Services section of the forum and try to contact Bitcoin news websites and blogs about your service.  Also it would be a good idea to think about posting your service on you account profile like the signature I have on my account so people can see you service and contact info every time you post on the forum.
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:53:03 AM

The question is do you offer a flate rate? or do you go by some crazy expensive $500 hr rate.
joelpatterson (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:34:26 AM

I like this idea but you may also want to start a thread in the Services section of the forum and try to contact Bitcoin news websites and blogs about your service.  Also it would be a good idea to think about posting your service on you account profile like the signature I have on my account so people can see you service and contact info every time you post on the forum.

Counter, thanks for these suggestions. Whilst I'm very experienced in law, I'm much less experienced in the world of bitcoin or marketing so I appreciate your thoughts.
joelpatterson (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:11:23 PM

The question is do you offer a flate rate? or do you go by some crazy expensive $500 hr rate.

By avoiding the bloat of traditional law firms, I would pass a considerable saving onto my clients.

Due to the nature of bitcoins, I would propose fixed fee arrangements rather than an hourly rate. The fee could then be placed in escrow with a trusted third party and released when the agreed work was completed.

My real concern is that my experience is mostly focused on British law. It's probably only a small minority of forum users that are British and therefore perhaps I am fishing in a very small market. I wonder if there are any bitcoin blogs or news that focuses on the UK.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:33:38 PM

By avoiding the bloat of traditional law firms, I would pass a considerable saving onto my clients.

Due to the nature of bitcoins, I would propose fixed fee arrangements rather than an hourly rate. The fee could then be placed in escrow with a trusted third party and released when the agreed work was completed.

My real concern is that my experience is mostly focused on British law. It's probably only a small minority of forum users that are British and therefore perhaps I am fishing in a very small market. I wonder if there are any bitcoin blogs or news that focuses on the UK.

If you are a lawyer and have good credentials i would suggest contacting people who have been scammed in hardware thread etc.  If you could prove a win against a company you will have many clients off board.  I won't mention the companies you can look in hardware and altcoin to see which one's seem to be a scam.

First case most likely to get, but if you win lots of business to come.

"I could also advise on contract law or commercial disputes of any kind." most likely will not get you much.  If you advise most to get a lawyer in the district etc you wont get much.  This all depends.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: