Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 06:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we start out in phase IPOs? Whereas, we have an initial funding of 30 btc. Once implementations are done, we go on to the next phase for funding.
Yes - 16 (51.6%)
No - 10 (32.3%)
HODL - 5 (16.1%)
Total Voters: 31

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blockade [CADE] [1% PoS] [Decentralized DDoS Protection]  (Read 20444 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 02:15:27 AM

DOS was a great idea, and probably a decent learning experience for Somekindabitcoin, even if the execution was a taller order than he expected (mostly to do with how to program the distributed mitigation tied into a cryptocurrency).

I'll invest a minimum amount in the ICO if my understanding is correct that excess coins will be distributed proportionately amongst original investors (so, for example, I'll get double the CADE for my money if only half of the ICO amount is sold). Alternatively I'm cool if you decide to destroy all coins not sold in the ICO.

I'll also continue to accumulate DOScoin as I have been doing. I'll probably be exchanging a lot of it over to CADE, too.

Good luck with your coin.

Thanks notsofast.

The reason for the initial ipo is to first get the main implementation added which is the functions for the nodes. From what I've been told from other developers, it's going to take a ton of manpower.

So you want to raise 1800 BTC which is currently worth about $855,000 US dollars?

It takes balls to say you need 20% more than the current biggest ICO (Syscoin with 1500BTC), but I have no problem with anyone thinking big.

Somekindabitcoin is going to have to do a lot of legwork justifying it, and probably gather that total investment in stages alongside incremental development, given the rightfully distrustful mindset of smart bitcoin. But saying he needs that amount right out of the gate is proper expectation setting for investors. Imagine the positive price reaction if he completes a segment under budget and pays investors a dividend of the surplus to investors, or incorporates some kind of additional feature?

To be valid players and not just cloned shitcoins, bigger thinking is mandatory-- he has a high concept and a justifiable price tag. I'll be watching closely.

twitter.com/notsofast
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:59:33 AM

DOS was a great idea, and probably a decent learning experience for Somekindabitcoin, even if the execution was a taller order than he expected (mostly to do with how to program the distributed mitigation tied into a cryptocurrency).

I'll invest a minimum amount in the ICO if my understanding is correct that excess coins will be distributed proportionately amongst original investors (so, for example, I'll get double the CADE for my money if only half of the ICO amount is sold). Alternatively I'm cool if you decide to destroy all coins not sold in the ICO.

I'll also continue to accumulate DOScoin as I have been doing. I'll probably be exchanging a lot of it over to CADE, too.

Good luck with your coin.

Thanks notsofast.

The reason for the initial ipo is to first get the main implementation added which is the functions for the nodes. From what I've been told from other developers, it's going to take a ton of manpower.

So you want to raise 1800 BTC which is currently worth about $855,000 US dollars?

It takes balls to say you need 20% more than the current biggest ICO (Syscoin with 1500BTC), but I have no problem with anyone thinking big.

Somekindabitcoin is going to have to do a lot of legwork justifying it, and probably gather that total investment in stages alongside incremental development, given the rightfully distrustful mindset of smart bitcoin. But saying he needs that amount right out of the gate is proper expectation setting for investors. Imagine the positive price reaction if he completes a segment under budget and pays investors a dividend of the surplus to investors, or incorporates some kind of additional feature?

To be valid players and not just cloned shitcoins, bigger thinking is mandatory-- he has a high concept and a justifiable price tag. I'll be watching closely.

Man notsofast. You need to join my team.
B4zz4

Activity: 629

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:20:02 AM

Putting realistic real-world pricing on a project of this magnitude seems to be generating some shock in the synthetic altcoin ecosystem.

Somekindabitcoin appears to have his feet more firmly on the ground than most of the flash-trade and move to the next shiny bauble altcoin "investors".

I'll continue to hold my DosCoin and after the swap will likely hold as many Blockade as I can manage, too.

I admire the ambition and I'm impressed by the realistic budget for so ambitious an enterprise.

Good work Somekindabitcoin, you keep right on thinking and planning.

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:35:01 PM

when can we exchange dos coins for blockade coins
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:46:49 PM

Putting realistic real-world pricing on a project of this magnitude seems to be generating some shock in the synthetic altcoin ecosystem.

Somekindabitcoin appears to have his feet more firmly on the ground than most of the flash-trade and move to the next shiny bauble altcoin "investors".

I'll continue to hold my DosCoin and after the swap will likely hold as many Blockade as I can manage, too.

I admire the ambition and I'm impressed by the realistic budget for so ambitious an enterprise.

Good work Somekindabitcoin, you keep right on thinking and planning.

Thanks b4zz.

Also, for the swap, not all coins will be released at once. Only 300,000 coins worth of a swap, and 300,000 worth of coins for phase 1 IPO for the essentials. These essentials are for the first implementation which is the function of the node itself, block explorer, and other needed starting essentials.
interupted

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:58:19 PM

Really should swap all dos when you start so its done and over with so you can move on.

Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:18:40 PM

Really should swap all dos when you start so its done and over with so you can move on.

This strategy is used to reduce dumping on exchanges. I also do not want this coin to be added to any exchange at this time.
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:20:30 PM

do you really need 30btc for the essentials like wallet, nodes, block explorer etc
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:23:54 PM

seems a bit too few details are provided in comparison to the expected valuation of the project.
Do you have any whitepaper or can you proivde more explanation, especially stressing the innovation potential of the proposed project?
Take recent examples of ICO/IPOs, XBoT and PROZ and see their valuation and what has been provided when IPOs started.
XBoT asked for 15k got 9345 in the end, PROZ was at 300 sat.

this space is intentionally left blank
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:43:30 PM

do you really need 30btc for the essentials like wallet, nodes, block explorer etc

Nope. Already have those except the block explorer. The money is needed for initial implementation of the system; the beginning.

There will definitely be more details and multiple whitepapers for each task.
Hobbes2

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 11:04:12 PM

reserved
ruiteren

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:27:49 AM

When will the DOS exchange to CADE start?
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:34:40 AM

Also, for the swap, not all coins will be released at once. Only 300,000 coins worth of a swap, and 300,000 worth of coins for phase 1 IPO for the essentials. These essentials are for the first implementation which is the function of the node itself, block explorer, and other needed starting essentials.

I have 20 000 000 DoScoin = 333333 Blockade.
Then first swap is all mine Smiley

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
ruiteren

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:20:16 AM

I have 20 000 000 DoScoin = 333333 Blockade.
Then first swap is all mine Smiley
I have 80 000 000
it is mine
Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:46:25 AM

The first swap will occur by the end of this week.
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:17:57 AM

Will you be limiting the exchange available per person or is it 1st come, 1st served?

I see we have a coupla large DosCoin holders aiming to switch out at flag fall.

Somekindabitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:33:21 AM

Will you be limiting the exchange available per person or is it 1st come, 1st served?

I'm limiting the first one to 60,000 DoS or 1000 blockade per person.
ruiteren

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:53:00 AM

well done
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:38:44 AM

Nice one.

Gonna take a while to exchange millions then Smiley

TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:04:39 AM

It will be automatic process like it was with Summercoin V2 => NAVAJO or you'll do it manually ?
Also you can ask Dev SumV2 how to do it if you don't know.

P.S. Good time to buy some more cheap DoScoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM