Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:14:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is "that guy" in your circle of friends? The annoying guy, etc.  (Read 703 times)
oprahwindfury (OP)

Activity: 569
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:18:17 PM

I have a friend, let's say his name is "Paul". Paul thinks he is right no matter what. His logic is infallible and it is impossible for him to be wrong. His way of doing something is the right way and if you question him or contend with his methods he will make you feel like shit for doing so.

If he wears pants a certain way and you don't, he will say you are wrong and need to be educated in pants-wearing. If you don't eat food a certain way he will call you out and make you feel like a complete idiot for having your own tastes. I.e. if you leave something behind on your plate he will make sure you remember it for the rest of the day and call you wasteful. If you try to discuss something with him he will get argumentative the moment you voice your own opinions but his opinions are fact and set in stone.

Needless to say, Paul gets on a lot of people's nerves including my own. I used to hangout with him often but have refrained from doing so lately because I feel like the next thing he says will irritate me to the point where I will physically assault him. And I am not even a violent person.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:09:39 PM

I have a friend, let's say his name is "Paul". Paul thinks he is right no matter what. His logic is infallible and it is impossible for him to be wrong. His way of doing something is the right way and if you question him or contend with his methods he will make you feel like shit for doing so.

If he wears pants a certain way and you don't, he will say you are wrong and need to be educated in pants-wearing. If you don't eat food a certain way he will call you out and make you feel like a complete idiot for having your own tastes. I.e. if you leave something behind on your plate he will make sure you remember it for the rest of the day and call you wasteful. If you try to discuss something with him he will get argumentative the moment you voice your own opinions but his opinions are fact and set in stone.

Needless to say, Paul gets on a lot of people's nerves including my own. I used to hangout with him often but have refrained from doing so lately because I feel like the next thing he says will irritate me to the point where I will physically assault him. And I am not even a violent person.

If this happens then simply "unfriend" him/her. I would do that.

Can't stand these kind of people that know everything better than others.

My ex girlfriend was like that. I was always wrong, and she right. After a month I broke up. Problem solved. Smiley

Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:41:41 PM

Yeah, I don't understand why you are still friends with the guy or hang out with him when you quite clearly don't like him. Just sever ties and move on.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:50:52 PM

So just get him off your friends list however you have to. That's what I do. So-called "friends" like that will probably start wondering why they have no friends left if enough of their crowd just quit hanging out with them.
realbtcdealers4real

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:10:08 PM

Im that guy. Fuck normalfags
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:12:19 PM

Im that guy. Fuck normalfags

You're that annoying guy that everybody dislikes and wants to punch in the face?
Nabilo

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:17:07 PM

He really have infallible logic and it's impossible for him to be wrong ?
oprahwindfury (OP)

Activity: 569
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:14:29 AM

He really have infallible logic and it's impossible for him to be wrong ?

Yes, he fails to see and understand any viewpoint other than his own. I suspected that he was autistic with a severe case of childhood egocentrism that he did not outgrow. In a social setting, he also says inappropriate things, generally things that piss a lot of people off. Yet he doesn't see it pisses people off and continues to say these inappropriate things.

For example if my friend said she likes the show "House of Cards", he would say "That show is shit, why do you even watch that? You know that show is shit right? Only dumb people watch that show". Everything he says is along these lines. Very irritating to say the least.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:57:30 AM

You can choose your own friends.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: