Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pre 2014 crypto roll call :)  (Read 783 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:50:34 PM

With the mess of new pump n dump crapcoins out each week now its hard to see how the older coins are kicking along, especially the ones with strong dev teams.

So post about your pre 2014 crypto and how its doing, future plans etc  Grin......might pick up an investor if it all sounds good.

(self moderated only to keep out the blatant plugs of the latest crapcoins that plague every thread here).

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:02:00 PM

gridcoin:

Altcoin launched at the of 2013 with, i quote The aim to shift the computational power primarily to BOINC projects while the mining operations become a second priority - so as the network is scaled up, BOINC utilization is scaled up in tandem.

Even if price is low in the few months, comm and dev are really active. In the next days there will be a new important upgrade that will introduce Proof of Reseach (PoR).

Here is the forum where find more info-->https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/
kelsey (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:20:21 PM

gridcoin:

Altcoin launched at the of 2013 with, i quote The aim to shift the computational power primarily to BOINC projects while the mining operations become a second priority - so as the network is scaled up, BOINC utilization is scaled up in tandem.

Even if price is low in the few months, comm and dev are really active. In the next days there will be a new important upgrade that will introduce Proof of Reseach (PoR).

Here is the forum where find more info-->https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/

Yes I must say I am a huge fan of the idea of using mining hash for a good purpose such as scientific research (ran seti@home for ages back in the day).

I think such an idea is a step in the right direction for cryptos.
tmuir12

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:37:40 PM

Feathercoin is still carrying on.
Its in the process of changing to Neoscrypt.
Devs are actively modifying cgminer for Neoscrypt, and by actively I mean right this second they are working on it.

It still has a large active team to support the devs and its own active forum.
In the last few months a prototype Point of Sale device, ATM and a payment device that could be used on arcade machines have been made.
Plus around June 2016 FTC is literally going to the moon   Grin

All can be seen in newsletter 34
https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?/topic/7486-official-feathercoin-newsletter-34/

Feathercoin is sleeping in the background at the moment, but once it has changed to Neoscrypt I expect big things from it.

FeatherCoin - 6p4gdv9S5YfHznfqxXmdMKEZyGbX9oyphe
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:12:10 PM

Interesting topic kesley Smiley
it's nice to see you speak up too your such a large player and such a quiet one too lol

i am not "behind" any older coins but i liked Quark and Securecoin when they came out last year.
Quark had it's support roll along nicely i think but Securecoin was sort of abandoned by Baritus i think in favor of his other coins pretty much.
If people don't know SRC was a clone coin of Quark but it had it's distribution model setup just like Bitcoins (block reward etc)
and it had no premine or other shenanigans.
Also last couple months i have looked and the old top / biggest pool for SRC is still alive and kicking with 99% network hash on https://www2.coinmine.pl

i am more interested in older coins like from last year etc but i don't like seeing them change the old coins just to get attention though.
you end up getting into a bait & switch Territory sort of..
Like what if you bought up IFC cheap then changed it drastically into a DarkCoin clone is that fair ? see what i am driving at ?
Then again coins like ADT did some radical changes like killing all mining entirely i think and CAP had some recent major changes to POS.
and the funny part is these guy tend to pass the rights to the coin to someone else so for example all of a sudden BottleCaps
is not Mullick's coin ahhha ..and CENt was passed off to another guy so it's not Shakezulu's coin anymore and that there for wipes the slate clean right ?  Roll Eyes
A classic technique around here for newer coins when busted with blatant scams etc.. they do a community "take over"  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:16:44 PM

gridcoin:

Yes I must say I am a huge fan of the idea of using mining hash for a good purpose such as scientific research (ran seti@home for ages back in the day).

I think such an idea is a step in the right direction for cryptos.

lol kelsey you don't even mine coins Wink

GRC was cool & all and i setup it up and tried it but it was a pain in the ass to say the least..
And the windows only software for it written in VB / .net was a death blow to getting it adopted Sad

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:58:23 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 04:45:09 PM by EvilDave

NXT: launched in November 2013, still ruling the PoS side of cryptoworld.....and the NXT eco-system is expanding like crazy.

Edit:

@Spoetnik: don't forget to pick up your NODE stake , mate:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnYj5G7gBeXIdGtHam1UOXlDaDR6VFFZMGp3bVRnSHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
(you're at number 167)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:22:59 PM

NXT: launched in November 2013, still ruling the PoS side of cryptoworld.....and the NXT eco-system is expanding like crazy.

Yes, it seems that the amount of projects coming out of NXT is unending. I must say that I'm pretty impressed with what they've done and are continuing to do since the launch last year.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:23:09 PM

Edit:

@Spoetnik: don't forget to pick up your NODE stake , mate:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnYj5G7gBeXIdGtHam1UOXlDaDR6VFFZMGp3bVRnSHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
(you're at number 167)

i told ya that ain't me man..
i still only support / have MaxCoin & JackpotCoin and some old Cryptobits.. that's it !

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: