Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:01:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin starting to look more and more like TULIP BULBS of 1600s  (Read 5379 times)
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:25:20 PM

Date Registered:   May 29, 2011, 04:45:07 AM

I have difficulty believing that someone who is supposedly here since 2011 didn't spend five minutes to educate themselves. So either a purchased account or someone who didn't manage to understand anything about bitcoin in 3.5 years, wow! You are surely a slow learner.

lol @ purchased account and slow learner.  NEITHER.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:27:23 PM

Not this argument again.

Tulip bulbs, in the scale in which they were traded at least, served absolutely no purpose. Never even aspired to anything other than an object of speculation.

Bitcoin is highly speculative in its current form and at its current price. That's where the similarities end, however.

Bitcoin aspires to serve a very well defined purpose: becoming a global decentralized currency. An improved version of cash, with the added benefit (in the eyes of some) that money supply is finite.

Tell me again please how tulips resemble that last part?

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
andy35

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:36:00 PM

tulips were all about being rare color and texture and being raised at X farm and were worth Y because of Z and also due to A and B and C and D that this tulip was better than E.

A few years ago people would have paid $1 million for a black tulip because nobody had bred one, so perhaps tulip mania is not quite dead. Someone has now managed to breed one, but they must wait before they can start selling because each year's bulb produces only two new bulbs. The price will be high when they finally start selling black tulips.
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:38:58 PM

The difference is this:

Several hundred years after the tulip mania, tulip bulbs are still actually worth something. They have intrinsic value.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, will be practically worthless a few years from now. By 2020, BTC will trade for way less than one dollar per coin. By 2025, BTC will be valued at less than $0.05.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:42:09 PM

The difference is this:

Several hundred years after the tulip mania, tulip bulbs are still actually worth something. They have intrinsic value.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, will be practically worthless a few years from now. By 2020, BTC will trade for way less than one dollar per coin. By 2025, BTC will be valued at less than $0.05.

Would you care to take a 10oz silver wager on that?
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:54:40 PM

Yeah especially the ones purchased in 1600, these are very precious now! Oh wait you are talking about some other tulip bulbs, not the ones purchased in 1600, because the intrinsic value of these went down the decay hole like several years after they were purchased. So your hypothetical value, invested in tulips in 1600 is now worth precisely zero.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, is much more resistant to decay than even gold. The first money with practically indestructible units.

i am satoshi
antibitcoinconsortium

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:58:31 PM

eye opener..
it looks like a tulip mania because...
SURPRISE!
IT IS!
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:06:49 PM

Visa is so much more convenient than cryptos.

You keep mentioning Visa brand credit cards.

Is that your employer?
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:11:49 PM

Xiaoxiao, you seem very bored lately. Maybe focus on your speculation/trading thread again ?
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:17:58 PM

Visa is so much more convenient than cryptos.

You keep mentioning Visa brand credit cards.

Is that your employer?

Look, is not visa more convenient than cryptos in terms of purchasing goods?  Why would someone go through the hassle of trading for bitcoins on localbitcoins and risk getting scammed, or having to send in docs and wait days to get bitcoins, only to spend it @ overstock when they could have just bought with credit card?

jimbo, you are like the bull version of falllling.
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:21:57 PM

I warned you guys back in DECEMBER:

"You guys are all FUCKED"

And the same donkeys like Jimbo were just tearing me apart.  Now he's doing the same thing.
institutionaltrader

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:30:25 PM

I agree there are a lot of similarities. It may crash hard like tulips one day due to the fact that BC is very difficult to secure for normal humans.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:32:50 PM

I have done quite well since December.  Cool

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:33:02 PM

The difference is this:

Seriously. You would actually have us believe that you have posted hundreds of times on a forum about a commodity which you think will have no value in the future..right.
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:34:22 PM

Same. High Five!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:42:18 PM

Same. High Five!
I would never leave a bitcoin peer hanging.. High five!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:50:48 PM

Wow. Did I hit a nerve?

It's the first time (I believe) I ever replied to one of your posts.

I consider myself neither bull nor bear. Call me a "cultist" if you want because I strongly believe in Bitcoin as disruptive technology.

I just like to laugh at bears because they take themselves so seriously.

Like Faiiiling? I don't often even start threads, let alone spam FUD.

**sigh**
Xiaoxiao (OP)
Legendary

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:53:30 PM

Wow. Did I hit a nerve?

It's the first time (I believe) I ever replied to one of your posts.

I consider myself neither bull nor bear. Call me a "cultist" if you want because I strongly believe in Bitcoin as disruptive technology.

I just like to laugh at bears because they take themselves so seriously.

Like Faiiiling? I don't often even start threads, let alone spam FUD.

**sigh**

no you don't start threads like fallling, but you get all defensive anytime someone brings up a valid criticism of bitcoin.
JimboToronto
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:09:26 PM

you get all defensive anytime someone brings up a valid criticism of bitcoin.

Valid criticism I can live with, but I personally don't consider credit cards to be more convenient than Bitcoin, other than the fact that a credit card is physically smaller and lighter than a phone or other mobile device. In fact in my experience Bitcoin can be even more convenient than cash.

Valid criticism includes things like volatility and difficulty to acquire in some places.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:15:32 PM

Not this argument again.

Tulip bulbs, in the scale in which they were traded at least, served absolutely no purpose. Never even aspired to anything other than an object of speculation.

Bitcoin is highly speculative in its current form and at its current price. That's where the similarities end, however.

Bitcoin aspires to serve a very well defined purpose: becoming a global decentralized currency. An improved version of cash, with the added benefit (in the eyes of some) that money supply is finite.

Tell me again please how tulips resemble that last part?

Exactly : Bitcoin is a technology that is safe and allow fast and secured payments plus it is a mean of decentralized store of wealth
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: