Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:10:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If fallling didn't exist, what would the price be right now?  (Read 3621 times)
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:41:21 AM

Good luck to the speculators actually, they add liquidity and depth to the market.

Thumbs up! For all the hate that TA/traders receive on this forum, this is very much true. It's funny, but I've actually seen HODLers on this forum claim that traders cause the volatility. Well, just imagine if there were no traders -- empty order books. Imagine the spikes then! More likely, the volatility comes from the fact that bitcoin is a revolutionary new asset class in an illiquid, unregulated market....

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:55:52 AM

Good luck to the speculators actually, they add liquidity and depth to the market.

Thumbs up! For all the hate that TA/traders receive on this forum, this is very much true. It's funny, but I've actually seen HODLers on this forum claim that traders cause the volatility. Well, just imagine if there were no traders -- empty order books. Imagine the spikes then! More likely, the volatility comes from the fact that bitcoin is a revolutionary new asset class in an illiquid, unregulated market....

On this we agree. I view speculators generally as a zero sum game. Some win, some lose, the market wins biggest.
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:12:09 AM

If only it were as easy to move the market as trolling on this forum -- why, I think I might be rich if that were the case. But as it stands.... Tongue

Also, there is the fact that people think that random internet trolls are able to move the price that shows the true colors of this gambit... an extremely overpriced penny stock. It will go up some. There are enough idiots to buy in still. Moreover, the underlying concept of Bitcoin, the technological aspect, may actually be revolutionary and inform our future commerce. But, this s--- is just as institutionalized as the banks... we are saying that we are fighting the banks while rolling out the red carpet to Wall Street, we are celebrating a 10% discount at a website for using Bitcoins when the trades associated with those websites are certain to reduce the value of your holdings by at least that much. This is literally the stupidest s--- of all time. At least beanie babies gave you a toy to play with and to decorate your house. All Bitcoin does is cost people money on crashes, Bulgarian bullshittery, renegade bots, spreads, front running, poor execution of shorts (often a whole 2% away from where you set your short), expose you to excessive counterparty risk, and get you hit by fees on exchanges for trading and for withdrawing into fiat. Oh yea, and it has dropped 60% in the past year with a very obvious, albeit slow, trend towards continuing this all while bag holders sell you magic beans about how there is exponential growth and how many new people are using this (they are not). Oh yea, and it takes forever and a f---ing day, but let's not even go there.

So, basically, the system sold out and doesn't serve it's original purpose. Have fun. This s--- is lame. Deuces mofos. I'll be back in a couple months to short this f---ing thing to the bottom.

very short sighted. glad to see you leave, wish more idiots would leave.
lay785

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:38:40 AM

for every "falling" there are 10 "super bulls" who try raise the price. Dont blame one trolling "super bear" for the current bitcoin price...
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:38:16 AM

Up, but not for too much.

Falllling dumps the coins he receive for trolling, but I doubt he receives enough to make difference in the price.
Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:08:46 AM

Look around, there are no new users here interested in bitcoin. Even the "old timers" are going away, leaving only a couple dozen deluded speculators left in their wake. There is no new money coming in. The bitcoin brand name has been too damaged by mtgox, scam IPOs, high profile hacks and last but not least, a 60% drop in value since early this year. bitcoin is going nowhere but down!

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:17:49 AM

Look around, there are no new users here interested in bitcoin. Even the "old timers" are going away, leaving only a couple dozen deluded speculators left in their wake. There is no new money coming in. The bitcoin brand name has been too damaged by mtgox, scam IPOs, high profile hacks and last but not least, a 60% drop in value since early this year. bitcoin is going nowhere but down!

Hi falllllling.

Next time when you do the socket puppeting stuff, at least try to make the puppets don't speak exactly like you do.

Thank you.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:44:57 AM

blah

Hi falllllling.

Next time when you do the socket puppeting stuff, at least try to make the puppets don't speak exactly like you do.

Thank you.

yeah the moron is getting abusive, seeing that nobody reads his crap anymore.

i am satoshi
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:37:45 AM

If only it were as easy to move the market as trolling on this forum -- why, I think I might be rich if that were the case. But as it stands.... Tongue

Also, there is the fact that people think that random internet trolls are able to move the price that shows the true colors of this gambit... an extremely overpriced penny stock. It will go up some. There are enough idiots to buy in still. Moreover, the underlying concept of Bitcoin, the technological aspect, may actually be revolutionary and inform our future commerce. But, this s--- is just as institutionalized as the banks... we are saying that we are fighting the banks while rolling out the red carpet to Wall Street, we are celebrating a 10% discount at a website for using Bitcoins when the trades associated with those websites are certain to reduce the value of your holdings by at least that much. This is literally the stupidest s--- of all time. At least beanie babies gave you a toy to play with and to decorate your house. All Bitcoin does is cost people money on crashes, Bulgarian bullshittery, renegade bots, spreads, front running, poor execution of shorts (often a whole 2% away from where you set your short), expose you to excessive counterparty risk, and get you hit by fees on exchanges for trading and for withdrawing into fiat. Oh yea, and it has dropped 60% in the past year with a very obvious, albeit slow, trend towards continuing this all while bag holders sell you magic beans about how there is exponential growth and how many new people are using this (they are not). Oh yea, and it takes forever and a f---ing day, but let's not even go there.

So, basically, the system sold out and doesn't serve it's original purpose. Have fun. This s--- is lame. Deuces mofos. I'll be back in a couple months to short this f---ing thing to the bottom.

very short sighted. glad to see you leave, wish more idiots would leave.

Not an actual attack. You don't want people to leave. Not even ones you find irritating... except maybe full on trolls.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:43:40 AM

why is there no vtd?  i think it would really help here
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:10:14 AM

Hi falllllling.

Thank you.

stop fooling people to buy, bitcoin just dropped $20 at two days ago, do NOT buy in any fake recovers, you have been warned since $680, next stop : $300

yet another failling clone  Tongue

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:29:15 AM

Hi falllllling.

Thank you.

stop fooling people to buy, bitcoin just dropped $20 at two days ago, do NOT buy in any fake recovers, you have been warned since $680, next stop : $300

yet another failling clone  Tongue

I was thinking the same Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:59:50 AM

I enjoy seeing a couple of falllling posts here or there. That account is a just a repetitive foghorn of slogans and as annoying as a month of Mondays, but the comedy value is worth it. The punctuation and butchering of the English language only adds to the lolz.

I'm not sure many people minus the spiderweb of obviously linked accounts listens to Fallings posts.

I know I'd rather be listening to the Marc Andressens etc of this world who know a bucketload about tech & innovation. I'd rather listen to finance guys (who have released BTC related products) who have said they spent plenty of time & hours with their team trying to crack the protocol before going ahead. I'd rather use the evidence of even such a maligned company as PayPal accepting payment with a crypto currency into their hundreds of millions of $ businesses. And I'd rather see the fact that the biggest, baddest country in the world has held public hearings into the technology, giving it a grudging respect that even the influence of multi trillion dollar banking cartels cannot dispute.

But that's not to say these forums should be rose coloured only. Bears offer another perspective and so far in 2014 they have been right. So, for me, keep up the 'final capitulation incoming', I'll take it with a grain of salt.

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 11:42:43 AM

many scam IPOs including Ethereum and others

There is 0 chance Ethereum is scam. Inform yourself around.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:51:02 AM

The exact same. The guy doesn't matter.
andy35

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

Falllling will not exist here until his ban is over.

You guys are too presumptuous. falllling has been (temporarily) banned yesterday, and currently he's creating a couple new accounts to spam with which I'm nuking (post deletion and ban). Too bad for him, because that will only make rehabilitation of his main account worse.

Unfortunately there's no indication of when a user is banned, a feature I wish this forum had.

PS: You'd do a lot more good if you simply reported offending posts/threads, because that notifies me. Report button is at the bottom right corner. (Noone in this thread has reported anything the past 3 days).
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:12:51 PM

LOL at thinking this aspie has any relevant impact within the BTC price. Give me a break, lol.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:21:33 PM

Falllling will not exist here until his ban is over.

You guys are too presumptuous. falllling has been (temporarily) banned yesterday, and currently he's creating a couple new accounts to spam with which I'm nuking (post deletion and ban). Too bad for him, because that will only make rehabilitation of his main account worse.

Unfortunately there's no indication of when a user is banned, a feature I wish this forum had.

PS: You'd do a lot more good if you simply reported offending posts/threads, because that notifies me. Report button is at the bottom right corner. (Noone in this thread has reported anything the past 3 days).

Tip to all. Report his clones too. Cut off his income Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:57:06 PM

I'm going to say 2 cents more then what the current price is.  Falling gave us his/her 2 cents and that is all it was worth in the big scheme of things..  Cool
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:54:37 AM

I doubt if paypal/ebay/coinbase 14 countries news are priced in. Ebay support would definitely create btc demand.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: