Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:33:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Ready for "MicroCash" : The most advanced Crypto-based Currency yet!  (Read 15242 times)
GTRsdk

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 05:34:19 PM

Warning: microcash is solidcoin also known as scamcoin

please avoid it.

ScamCoin is not SolidCoin. ScamCoin is not MicroCash.

MicroCash = SolidCoin with twice the self-promotional preaching and ego-maniacal blindness.

You also have to take into account the user friendliness that MicroCash has, which Bitcoin does not have yet.

Once the 21 million bitcoin blocks are mined, there will probably only be like 20 or 19 million (or maybe less) that are actually able to be spent without cracking the wallets (which will take a long time to do).

With MicroCash, most of the money can be spent and it is basically like being your own bank to a new user where you can get paid interest.

Let's make some Dogecoins together! http://doge.litemoons.com:9555

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:40:02 PM

You also have to take into account the user friendliness that MicroCash has, which Bitcoin does not have yet.

Once the 21 million bitcoin blocks are mined, there will probably only be like 20 or 19 million (or maybe less) that are actually able to be spent without cracking the wallets (which will take a long time to do).

With MicroCash, most of the money can be spent and it is basically like being your own bank to a new user where you can get paid interest.

Nothing you have mentioned is something Bitcoin can't do either by design or third-party applications. There is much disorder in the bitcoin community, but that doesn't excuse SolidCoin's larger fatal flaws.

Those of us who want something they can depend on will stick with Bitcoin until something better comes along. A fork of Bitcoin with a Forex trading GUI isn't impressing anyone.

GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 05:45:21 PM

Nothing you have mentioned is something Bitcoin can't do either by design or third-party applications. There is much disorder in the bitcoin community, but that doesn't excuse SolidCoin's larger fatal flaws.

Those of us who want something they can depend on will stick with Bitcoin until something better comes along. A fork of Bitcoin with a Forex trading GUI isn't impressing anyone.

Well sure people can stick with what they like. There's no law against that.
But for a noob... MicroCash has a huge potential.

MicroCash doesn't seem to have much for flaws. I might have missed a list of assumed flaws earlier, but if it can be compatible with big endian devices, it might end up more successful than Bitcoin.
Not having to download a blockchain enables people that only have 50 kb/s connections to use it. Or even 4 kb/s connection.

And earlier... by bitcoin blocks, I clearly meant bitcoin money/coins.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:50:57 PM

MicroCash doesn't seem to have much for flaws.
I haven't heard any real 'features' yet, just stuff that Bitcoin already does and a bunch of a denial about how it's just a fork of bitcoin.

Not having to download a blockchain enables people that only have 50 kb/s connections to use it. Or even 4 kb/s connection.
Paypal doesn't require a blockchain. Neither does MintChip as far as I can tell. What's the point though?

How can someone follow something so blindly who can't even argue why it's important? All I'm seeing here are empty and vague claims.

"It will explode in the future"
"Taking the world by storm!"
"You'll be sorry!"

Basically the exact same things scammers say right before they sign you up for a Forex seminar in a remote part of the world.

There is a reason you're here-- it's because you believe that Bitcoin is better than fiat. So then explain to me, fellow believer, why is MicroCash better than Bitcoin? Facts please.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:30:07 PM

It's so much fail.

Basically he is just saying "it's better, it will boom" etcetc...

mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:31:49 PM

Please stop with the forks.

Thank you.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Axnoag

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:53:01 PM

looks good
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 08:14:52 PM

Paypal doesn't require a blockchain. Neither does MintChip as far as I can tell. What's the point though?

I would also point out Bitcoin with a lite client (or ewallet service) doesn't need to download the blockchain either.

Not having to download the blockchain is OPTIONAL in Bitcoin depending on how much trust you need.

I doubt any major merchant wants to run their wallet without access to the raw blockchain though.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:41:23 AM

And Warning:  Don't let those who are intimidated by MicroCash steer you away from taking part in revolutionary/game changing technology.

That's what you said when SC1 was released.
That's what you said when SC2 was released.
Now you're saying the same thing again.

More of the same. Big promises that turn out empty.

The only thing I'm wondering is, where's the source code?

Buy & Hold
notyep (OP)

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 11:58:13 AM

Just as I figured, everyone clearly can see the writing on the wall that MicroCash will be taking the world by storm. So much that this post was removed from the Newbie section (which I expected would happen considering the amount of views in such a short amount of time).  Word is spreading like wildfire and will continue. In matter of fact, I will continue to keep the Newbie community informed since they are the most important audience.  I encourage all of the "wise" BTC investors to expand your portfolio with the most advanced crypto-currencies of all time at launch. Many of the key BTC developers already have including many members of this community.  As for the "BTC Babel community" (BTCBC) that choose to continue to bash and babel (you know who you are), keep waisting your time because that means more opportunity for the rest of us.  After  joining this forum back in August and learning so much from this wonderful community and keeping silent in the process. I'm convinced that this post (my first in ages) will be my most important post here, even if it happens to be my last.  See you on the other side!    Grin

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3021

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:06:25 PM

In matter of fact, I will continue to keep the Newbie community informed since they are the most important audience.

Why? Are you afraid that people with more experience in crypto-currency won't go for your brilliant scheme? What possible reason could they have for such scepticism? Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
vragnaroda

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:10:42 PM

MicroCash is SolidCoin repackaged.

SolidCoin is a less secure form of Bitcoin.

Move along.
Well put.

I encourage all of the "wise" BTC investors to expand your portfolio with the most advanced crypto-currencies of all time at launch.

Nice scare quotes.
Many of the key BTC developers already have including many members of this community.
[citation needed]

MicroCash doesn't seem to have much for flaws.

lolwut
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:11:33 PM

wow... Notyep.. you really dont sound like a second hand car salesman.. i will trust you from here on and forever...

Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3021

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:52:45 PM

BTW, the most fundamental req. of any currency system is speed of the transaction. Unlike BTC, wherein it takes minutes for transactions to complete, microcash is nearly instant. This has been written from the ground up and designed for mobility.
How did you accomplish this feat? The reason bitcoin takes several minutes to confirm transactions (the transactions themselves are almost instant) is to prevent stale blocks resulting from network propagation delays, which would greatly reduce the effective hashpower of the network and basically allow anyone with the lowest network latency to take control of the network. How did you solve this problem?

And the most fundamental requirements of a currency system are fungibility (one coin is just as good as any other of the same denomination), divisibility (you can easily make change for large amounts), and difficulty of counterfeiting (you can easily tell a genuine coin from a fake one). MicroCash falls flat on its face for the last point if you don't have a cold answer to my above question.

notyep never answered this did he?

You know, now that you mention it, he did. Although I didn't see it at first, buried in his wall of text he says that blocks are mined every 2 minutes. The fact that this contradicts both the screenshot he posted and his own statement that transactions are "nearly instant" says all I need to know. Roll Eyes

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:21:50 PM

The more I read about this, the more it sounds like paypal - only with more fees, slower transactions, and less security.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:58:36 PM

The more I read about this, the more it sounds like paypal - only with more fees, slower transactions, and less security.
but at least with paypal, they don't deduct your $ every day.

GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 03:14:14 PM

but at least with paypal, they don't deduct your $ every day.

If you have over a certain amount, you actually earn interest.

Most banks charge fees of some sort (usually monthly). If you divide the fees up, you are actually losing x amount per day.

GTRsdk

COIN SUPPORTER

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 03:18:41 PM

I haven't heard any real 'features' yet, just stuff that Bitcoin already does and a bunch of a denial about how it's just a fork of bitcoin.

IIRC, MicroCash is written in C#, so it should work on more computers

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 07:18:41 PM

Is it opensource?

yes/no
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 07:32:27 PM

IIRC, MicroCash is written in C#, so it should work on more computers

As a C# developer I have to say this wins the award for most asinine statement today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compiler
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: