Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:55:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Ready for "MicroCash" : The most advanced Crypto-based Currency yet!  (Read 15242 times)
notyep (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 07:23:33 PM

The dev team is polishing things up before release.  As the MicroCash.org site states, the release was scheduled around the "tenth". Tell me this, what is up with that recent theft of over 18,000 BTCs??? Just another reason why it is time to move on with improved technology....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notyep (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 07:32:38 PM

The dev team is polishing things up before release.  As the MicroCash.org site states, the release was scheduled around the "tenth".    Tell me this, what is up with that recent theft of over 18,000 BTCs??? Just another reason why it is time to move on with improved technology IMO...

Also whats up with you guys hosting Microcash on a Sharebuilder server? I don't think for a second they're aware. But they will be Monday.

~BCX~

Now that is funny... Cheesy.   Where did you get that from BTW???

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:21:11 PM

The dev team is polishing things up before release.  As the MicroCash.org site states, the release was scheduled around the "tenth". Tell me this, what is up with that recent theft of over 18,000 BTCs??? Just another reason why it is time to move on with improved technology....

Oohh i see where you're going, with MicroCrash you don't need scriptkiddies to steal your moneys, the devs will do it for you! That's simply ingenious!
Quickly, tell me how do i sell all my bitcoins to get microcash? (having them take my bitcoins AND my microcash sounds kinda silly, but hey, so does this whole topic.)

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
chrisrico

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:21:15 PM

I'm curious, which "improved technology" would have prevented the theft of SolidCoinsMicroCash, if it were in use instead of Bitcoin in this case?
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:22:14 PM

Are you saying MicroCash contains some method to revoke coins?

My god that's scary and the best reason yet to have nothing to do with MicroCash!
notyep (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:01:20 PM

Here is one example of a significant improvement: "Dual signature accounts allowed with MC$: Meaning you can now have two devices with 2 keys able to confirm a transaction. ie You create a transaction on your PC and your mobile phone confirms it. If your PC is ever hacked your funds can't be removed without your phone confirming it."

No one may never learn all the details surrounding the recent 18K BTC Heist.  Nevertheless, the hard work the community and dev team have put into the MC$ code base such as the above will demonstrate that the goal is to make security of the currency priority one.

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:07:02 PM

Here is one example of a significant improvement: "Dual signature accounts allowed with MC$: Meaning you can now have two devices with 2 keys able to confirm a transaction. ie You create a transaction on your PC and your mobile phone confirms it. If your PC is ever hacked your funds can't be removed without your phone confirming it."

No one may never learn all the details surrounding the recent 18K BTC Heist.  Nevertheless, the hard work the community and dev team have put into the MC$ code base such as the above will demonstrate that the goal is to make security of the currency priority one.
So, basically... P2SH?
sd

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:11:02 PM

That was copied from BitCoin, Gavin was asking the alt coins to test it months ago.

It would not help where transfers have to be initiated automatically in any case, it only helps where it's reasonable to have two people or one system and one person approving a transfer.

Security may be your goal but you are working with an unproven codebase. MicroCash security can't be up to BitCoin standards in protocol or in implementation.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:17:05 PM

coooooooooooooooooooool
Scamcoins, Now with the ability to slowly drain your balance!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
notyep (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:33:08 PM

coooooooooooooooooooool

Signing off until the official release...  Stay tuned to MicroCash.org for updates. That's all Folks!   Wink

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:33:46 PM

coooooooooooooooooooool

Signing off until the official release...  Stay tuned to MicroCash.org for updates. That's all Folks!   Wink

Signing off to the past?
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:36:46 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2012, 09:15:20 PM by k9quaint

coooooooooooooooooooool

Signing off until the official release...  Stay tuned to MicroCash.org for updates. That's all Folks!   Wink

I see you addressed none of my points about the design weaknesses in SoiledCoin (and it's rebranding as Microcash).
Still, if you spent more time coding and less time on the forums it would save us all a lot of time and effort.

I wonder if the source code will ever be released for Microcash. Probably not since they had to shut down SoiledCoin2 after releasing it's source.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 03:18:39 AM

Here is one example of a significant improvement: "Dual signature accounts allowed with MC$"

More code copied from Bitcoin, eh? Will the source code include the required licenses?

Buy & Hold
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 02:20:20 PM

Your a stupid fool, That was the 19yr old's Trading Website Bitcoinica that got robbed of 18k.
Same thing could happen to ANY currency.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Fuzzy

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 04:09:10 PM

Your a stupid fool, That was the 19yr old's Trading Website Bitcoinica that got robbed of 18k.
Same thing could happen to ANY currency.

Are you still arguing with these trolls? Seriously, why are you trying to teach these pigs to sing?

Let the kids play in their sand box with their dog poo, not your problem  Grin
sd

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 05:15:56 PM

Are you still arguing with these trolls? Seriously, why are you trying to teach these pigs to sing?

The MicroCash kids can play where they like, when they start trying to scam people that don't know better into using their rigged coin then I care.

If we just ignore these morons they are going to scam everyone they can. If we make noise and question their rigged system google will index it and anyone doing due-diligence ( which isn't nearly enough people  judging by how many people handed over BitCoins to bitcoinica ) will find it. Less people will be scammed and less damage will be done to the reputation of crypto-currencies in general.

Fuzzy

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 05:53:58 PM

The MicroCash kids can play where they like, when they start trying to scam people that don't know better into using their rigged coin then I care.

If we just ignore these morons they are going to scam everyone they can. If we make noise and question their rigged system google will index it and anyone doing due-diligence ( which isn't nearly enough people  judging by how many people handed over BitCoins to bitcoinica ) will find it. Less people will be scammed and less damage will be done to the reputation of crypto-currencies in general.

You cannot protect everyone. Eventually people will have to learn to wise up and do their homework before jumping head first. It's all part of the natural cycle. Unfortunate? Yes. But it's for their own good.

It's been well established that Scamcoin is a sham, and anyone who fails to see that deserves to get ripped off, as that's the only way they'll learn.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 06:46:02 PM

You cannot protect everyone. Eventually people will have to learn to wise up and do their homework before jumping head first. It's all part of the natural cycle. Unfortunate? Yes. But it's for their own good.

It's been well established that Scamcoin is a sham, and anyone who fails to see that deserves to get ripped off, as that's the only way they'll learn.

Some people never wise up, and when those people get fleeced by SoiledCoin the press might make a distinction between them and Bitcoin. I would prefer if those who are doomed to be taken advantage were not part of Bitcoin so their folly does not reflect poorly on BTC. So SoiledCoin does serve a purpose.

There does need to be a minimum bar however. Threads like these make certain that those with over 80 I.Q. are forewarned of the danger. Those with under 80 cannot be helped, and provide the grist the SoiledCoin mill feeds upon.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
tarrant_01

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 07:44:41 PM

I don't see what a comprimised account has to do with the technology of bitcoin.  The theft is more about the security at bitcoinica.  It just so happened BTC were involved.

Regardless if MC is more secure or not, in order for these "currencies" to succeed, they need to be accepted at a wide variety of vendors commonly used by the public.  Where is MC accepted?

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 02:42:08 AM

The dev team is polishing things up before release.  As the MicroCash.org site states, the release was scheduled around the "tenth". Tell me this, what is up with that recent theft of over 18,000 BTCs??? Just another reason why it is time to move on with improved technology....

I don't see what a comprimised account has to do with the technology of bitcoin.  The theft is more about the security at bitcoinica.  It just so happened BTC were involved.

Regardless if MC is more secure or not, in order for these "currencies" to succeed, they need to be accepted at a wide variety of vendors commonly used by the public.  Where is MC accepted?

lol, i can imagine how that goes

email to store "Do you accept microcash?"
store searches for microcash "MICROCASH IS A SCAM!"
store emails back "...no"

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: