Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:49:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [4BTC] Assemble a PirateBox for me and send it to me  (Read 6947 times)
bitdragon (OP)

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2012, 10:18:59 PM

I'm looking for someone to whom I could send a TP-Link WR703N and a USB stick
and this person will Load up a functioning service of a http://wiki.daviddarts.com/PirateBox_DIY_OpenWrt

And send it to me, in the US Smiley
Ideally, this includes shipping to a US address.

Anyone up for it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 02:45:30 AM

had a look through the link... looks pretty straight forward.. ?
or am I missing something ?

bitdragon (OP)

peace

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 05:26:03 AM

it looks straightforward indeed.
I have never done it myself though nor anything like it.

Let me know

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 05:38:02 AM

That looks awesome Cheesy I'd do it for 3.777btc!

Additionaly, I have experiance loading custom firmwares onto routers, and if done incorrectly, it can brick them, which renders them nearly irrepairable. (Although I have unbricked a few for friends Tongue)

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
bitdragon (OP)

peace

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 07:10:36 PM

That looks awesome Cheesy I'd do it for 3.777btc!

Additionaly, I have experiance loading custom firmwares onto routers, and if done incorrectly, it can brick them, which renders them nearly irrepairable. (Although I have unbricked a few for friends Tongue)

I accept the offer for 3.777btc
I will order the two and get them shipped to your place, you fix it up and send it over !
Ideally packed right back in the same router box with a little USB stick attached Smiley

If acceptable for you, I will send the bitcoins once you claim the setup complete. Is that fair? Otherwise, please suggest something else;

Looking forward and thank you in advance!

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 07:25:04 PM

Yes, I agree to that, considering you're taking the bigger risk by sending me the routers.

I'll PM you my address.

Also, in the OP you used singular terms, implying you want one router configured. I thought I might exploit that and give you the choice of sending me 3.777btc once or twice Tongue

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
bitdragon (OP)

peace

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 07:34:40 PM

if this goes well, I will gladly do it again.
Thanks for PM and we'll be in touch shortly.

Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 11:17:34 PM

Wow... that looks badass

Can two pirateboxes connect to expand the network size?
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:48:11 AM

Wow... that looks badass

If they can, that's a whole new level of badassery!

They probably don't but you should contact the dev about that.

enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:47:49 AM

You technically wouldn't need a 2nd entire PirateBox, just a wifi extender, which a lot of routers can be configured to act as with the right firmware. If it can run the PirateBox firmware it can probably run dd-wrt/openwrt/tomato etc and act as a range extender. Theoretically, since the PirateBox firmware runs over the top of one of these firmwares (openwrt I think?) it should be possible to configure it thusly, though the menu options associated with such a configuration might not be present.
brendio

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:59:24 AM

I will order the two and get them shipped to your place
Also, in the OP you used singular terms, implying you want one router configured. I thought I might exploit that and give you the choice of sending me 3.777btc once or twice Tongue
I read "the two" as meaning the router and the USB stick, not two routers. Perhaps the OP can clarify.

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:10:18 AM

You technically wouldn't need a 2nd entire PirateBox, just a wifi extender, which a lot of routers can be configured to act as with the right firmware. If it can run the PirateBox firmware it can probably run dd-wrt/openwrt/tomato etc and act as a range extender. Theoretically, since the PirateBox firmware runs over the top of one of these firmwares (openwrt I think?) it should be possible to configure it thusly, though the menu options associated with such a configuration might not be present.

Yes, a repeater is easy, but I think we were thinking of actually integrating the two on a deeper level. Ex. see both box's files in one web page.

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:11:20 AM

I read "the two" as meaning the router and the USB stick, not two routers. Perhaps the OP can clarify.
You're probably correct.

bitdragon (OP)

peace

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 04:41:27 AM

Wow... that looks badass

If they can, that's a whole new level of badassery!

They probably don't but you should contact the dev about that.

http://torrentfreak.com/batman-set-to-pimp-the-file-sharing-pirate-box-120402/

future BATMAN-enabled PirateBoxes could then network with each other, meaning that accessing users could hop from device to device and have full access not just to a single PirateBox server, but a network of interconnected PirateBox servers.

Smiley

I will order the two and get them shipped to your place

Indeed, I meant the 2 as in the router and a USB stick.

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 05:55:40 AM

http://torrentfreak.com/batman-set-to-pimp-the-file-sharing-pirate-box-120402/

future BATMAN-enabled PirateBoxes could then network with each other, meaning that accessing users could hop from device to device and have full access not just to a single PirateBox server, but a network of interconnected PirateBox servers.

Smiley

Cool! I have a few friends I might be making these for as well, this would be really fun.

kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:16:15 PM

Anyone willing to create more of these? I would be interested to buy also, too lazy to assemble it myself Cheesy

Maybe if someone can produce lots of these, he can sell them on bitmit.net and turn profit Cheesy

Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 10:25:12 PM

Anyone willing to create more of these? I would be interested to buy also, too lazy to assemble it myself Cheesy

Maybe if someone can produce lots of these, he can sell them on bitmit.net and turn profit Cheesy

Yeah I'll make a few for whoever wants them. Just let me know.
If I get a few orders I might consider that, but because different people will want different things, like flash drive vs. hdd, it might be better to stick to individual orders. If enough interest is shown I'll start a thread for this.

kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 03:41:29 PM

Yeah I'll make a few for whoever wants them. Just let me know.
If I get a few orders I might consider that, but because different people will want different things, like flash drive vs. hdd, it might be better to stick to individual orders. If enough interest is shown I'll start a thread for this.

Well, I decided already to do the work myself and ordered the hardware myself... Maybe next time Smiley

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 04:36:38 PM

I may be interested in this service also. I convinced my rescue squad commander to try out a piratebox on our next collapsed structure event. It occurred to me that if I were trapped in a collapsed building, I would try to get an Internet connection to contact someone.  It could save lives to initiate a simple chat with victims.
I may build one, but time is always a problem. If it works well in training/tests I will pursue funding for a scaled up version. We have people with the right radio licenses to run a high powered wifi.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 01:42:28 AM

I may be interested in this service also. I convinced my rescue squad commander to try out a piratebox on our next collapsed structure event. It occurred to me that if I were trapped in a collapsed building, I would try to get an Internet connection to contact someone.  It could save lives to initiate a simple chat with victims.
I may build one, but time is always a problem. If it works well in training/tests I will pursue funding for a scaled up version. We have people with the right radio licenses to run a high powered wifi.

That would be an awesome use for this! I hope you get to do it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: