Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:20:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is this the end of Bitcoin & Altcoin dream ????, Apple introduced "Apple PAY"  (Read 2981 times)
JimminyCricket

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:17:57 AM

I think it's very nice of Apple to get people used to paying for things with their cellular phones.  The transition to using Bitcoin will be a very seamless next step for the masses.
+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onezerobit

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 12:23:36 AM

Apple Pay will have to be scrutinized to the core, this is in light to every security issue that have been brought forth us over the past couple of years.
1. NSA PRISM
2. Recent iCloud Breach.
3. It was not more than 60days ago that a researcher pointed out a Backdoor among all Apple Devices (some claim it was a part of FCC ruling).

Keep an open mind about these, There will always be people who know more than i do.
I for one, would think twice before adding my CC to Apple Pay, at least for a couple of months, to get most of the issues sorted out.

The above issues is a section of reasons why the BTC wallets didnt take off that much...get from this what you will.

www.1zerobit.com - Don't just sit there, go trade
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:39:58 AM

I know a grand total of three people with Iphones. Contactless payment is everywhere where I am. I've never actually seen a real transaction take place with it yet.

so it is like bitcoin  Wink
doriangray

Activity: 567
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:55:23 AM

Not the end, since its only exclusive for iPhone users, while there are more android phone users these days base on statistics. Bitcoin is for the masses while Apple Pay is not.

And who would trust Apple facilities if it has fundamental security flaw? It is not safe to store personal data on iPhone most especially credit card information because it can easily breached.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:03:09 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 03:53:21 PM by Spoetnik

i wonder if they started sending lawsuit threats to the many Apple clone coin devs yet ?
you can tell every one of them posted in the ANN section were nothing but an attempt to capitalize on Apple's big name brand.

FUD first & ask questions later™
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:47:24 AM

Now can someone please explain: Why is Apple's credit card security better than Apple's nude selfie security?

I posted the above in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=776374.msg8753816#msg8753816

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:56:24 AM

Now can someone please explain: Why is Apple's credit card security better than Apple's nude selfie security?

It wouldn't need to be, end users don't care that much about security of their money if the provider covers their loss. I've had someone goto town twice on one of my creditcards, one phone call and I haven't lost a dime  Cool, someone takes my bitcoin................hmmmm  Shocked
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:12:43 AM

It wouldn't need to be, end users don't care that much about security of their money if the provider covers their loss. I've had someone goto town twice on one of my creditcards, one phone call and I haven't lost a dime  Cool, someone takes my bitcoin................hmmmm  Shocked

Most merchants will not agree. It is called a chargeback.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Digicoiner

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:43:35 AM

This simply hides 1950s technology behind a digital layer plus it's a monopoly.
Bidcoind (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 05:56:48 AM

I posted the above in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=776374.msg8753816#msg8753816

Fingerprint Touch ID, you don't hand off the credit card to the store clerk it is seamless, he can't see your name or credit card info, all credit card info is stored locally and privately on a chip, all transactions are private only the card issuer and you know, what it being bought, how much you paid for it  & where you bought it from, unlike paypal Apple pay is as private and secure as it gets. last but not least you don't have to download a 20+ GB blockchain to do all this and run out of memory, you take the picture of the card and authorize it once.
CSE

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:15:35 AM

I know a grand total of three people with Iphones. Contactless payment is everywhere where I am. I've never actually seen a real transaction take place with it yet.

so it is like bitcoin  Wink

haha that's to true. It will be interesting to see how Apple Pay competes with Google Wallet.
puppies

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:48:56 AM

I think it's very nice of Apple to get people used to paying for things with their cellular phones.  The transition to using Bitcoin will be a very seamless next step for the masses.

Most modern PoS (point of sale) systems already contain the ability to integrate with this.  The problem is that most of them are currently turned off due to a lack of demand.  If apple can make this cool, then we are one step closer to getting mass PoS adoption of crypto payments.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:21:33 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 10:37:38 AM by BitcoinNational

I think it's very nice of Apple to get people used to paying for things with their cellular phones.  The transition to using Bitcoin will be a very seamless next step for the masses.

Why?  

Because the credit card companies and now Apple want a cut of every transaction.  And as a merchant I still do not own the payment, it will take days of processing before I own the credit payment.

Bitcoin / Altcoins ... can be spend minutes after receiving payment.  

Also, the psuedo-anonymous factor.
Also, the hacking factor.  Yes finger prints can be hacked.
Also, crypto goes bullish (so you benefit when holding).

But yes ... Apple to get people used to paying for things with their cellular phones ... then they stumble onto the fact that crypto is MUCH better.

i wonder if they started sending lawsuit threats to the many Apple clone coin devs yet ?
you can tell every one of them posted in the ANN section where nothing but an attempt to capitalize on Apple's big name brand.

It's a given.  Apple will probably sue paypal for using the word 'pay' - Apple PAYTM

icoin is dead / applecoin is chinese, you sue me i stop stopping iSlaves from jumping / applebytes mostly already dead

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:34:59 AM

As well I can actually use ApplePay at grocers like Walgreens, can't do that with PayPal or Bitcoin.

Well I can and do. I have a Paypal contactless Mastercard linked to my Paypal account.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Trolololo

Activity: 263
Merit: 280

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:42:57 AM

http://bitcoinagile.com/AF7F6/what-does-apple-pay-mean-for-bitcoin_stream:

(...) Apple CEO Tim Cook noted during his presentation that the developer API for Apple Pay would be released, an announcement that presents a potential avenue for developers to create bitcoin-centric apps using the tool. (...)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:19:05 PM

As well I can actually use ApplePay at grocers like Walgreens, can't do that with PayPal or Bitcoin.

Well I can and do. I have a Paypal contactless Mastercard linked to my Paypal account.

i have a bank account tied to my Paypal account and i had to close my bank account thanks to them.
what happened was eBay decided i owed then $25 (i didn't)
so they took it from me anyway by pushing the debt onto my Paypal account and unlike when i do a cash out to my bank and have to wait 5-7 days
they pushed the bill onto my bank account in less than 48 hrs.. meanwhile i randomly checked my mail and seen this happening *half way through it
and i rounded up the cash i needed to make sure i had money in my account (2 days earlier i had cleaned out my account)

so now i had to quickly get to the bank and pay some cash back in to cover the bill.. or else !
i walked past my bank doing errands etc and i got lazy and figured i'd stop in the bank the next day and deposit cash to cover the bill
knowing that deposits etc take up to 5 day to clear.. nope.
when it's money for me it takes 5 to 7 days but when some faggot piece of shit wants to bounce a check on my account it goes through right away  Roll Eyes

i went in to the bank 1 day late and said hey i don't even owe the money and i can even prove it in writing from Paypal and i said can you guys help me out ?
i told them i can't really afford to pay the NSF charge on my account for $45 for a bounced deposit so my nice bank said it's not our problem go fuck yourself.
so i paid the $45 NSF charge and i told the bank teller then i have no choice but to close my account.. thx for the great service stunned cunt.
i could have gone in and gave them any amount of money they wanted the day before too but i walked past the bank and said bahhh tomorrow lol
(i had to close it because PP was going to keep pushing eh bill through causing more $45 NSF charges)

and i had to close my account a year or two earlier because of a similar incident where a creditor was randomly trying to sneak attack my account with a big bill
trying to catch me on direct deposit payday to take all my money.. and the creditor was hitting me on avg once a week for many months randomly
and each one cost me $45 cash ! and i pad like 8 NSF charges over a few months or something before i finally shut the account down.
the NSF charges were almost the same amount as the fucking bill i owed  Shocked
And again the bank said sorry go fuck yourself to me..

FUCK all those stupid pieces of shit gay services ! ALL OF THEM !!
Fuck Google.. FUCK APPLE.. Fuck Paypal and eBay and Fuck credit card companies and above all else fuck ALL Banks !
If the transactions were done in my Paypal debt story with Bitcoin instead i would not be ass raped with greedy $45 NSF charges !

Down with the old bankers with their greedy strangle hold on their victims and UP! with the new digital Bitcoin economy !
Any ties to those old greedy fuckers and their monopoly need to be severed !

Bitcoin should not be tied to any of those shit hole loser companies.. Google is garbage.. Apple is garbage etc etc
We don't need them anymore and they should be left to die.. an archaic financial business model that goes the way of the dinosaur !

Fuck the fat cat bankers ! ..i want to see them all in a soup kitchen line or selling their ass on the street corner in their suits LOL
And Apple and Google and Facebook and Microsoft etc are just greedy fucking losers that want the strange hold banks have had.
so fuck them too.. why switch from one financial dictator to another ?

FUCK em ALL !

FUD first & ask questions later™
larsson

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:52:32 PM

between 7 billion people do you think existed only one form of payment ?
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:05:37 PM

Re: is this the end of Bitcoin & Altcoin dream Huh?, Apple introduced "Apple PAY"
No.
Apple Pay works only in US and you must have a credit card.
Bitcoin you need the cheapest phone you can find with a camera thats it. 7 Billion people v some fanboys, i am sorry but thats no match.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:12:29 PM

Re: is this the end of Bitcoin & Altcoin dream Huh?, Apple introduced "Apple PAY"
No.
Apple Pay works only in US and you must have a credit card.
Bitcoin you need the cheapest phone you can find with a camera thats it. 7 Billion people v some fanboys, i am sorry but thats no match.
I don't think ApplePay is competing with Bitcoin at all -- they have different uses.

Btw ~1 million Bitcoin users in total out of 7 billion people in the world at this point == not really much. The theoretical potential, which I suppose is your point, is certainly great.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:23:38 PM

Fuck the fat cat bankers ! ..i want to see them all in a soup kitchen line or selling their ass on the street corner in their suits LOL
And Apple and Google and Facebook and Microsoft etc are just greedy fucking losers that want the strange hold banks have had.
so fuck them too.. why switch from one financial dictator to another ?

FUCK em ALL !

absolutely

strong agree with SpoetniK !

~CfA~

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: