Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 10:16:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Apple Pay"  (Read 7715 times)
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:25:55 PM

ApplePay could integrate bitcoin onto this service in the future, just like paypal's onetouch.  Fiat currency is the more relevant competition to the bitcoin application.
hustler100

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:03:58 PM

MaxKeiser Tweet: "@maxkeiser: ApplePay won't kill bitcoin as ITunes didn't kill music and video file swapping."

I think it will boost up the competition between CC issuers etc.
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:23:05 PM

The iPhone is one of the most successful and widely used phones ever made.

Samsung is much bigger: http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-market-share.jsp
, not to talk about market share of Android.
The thing is that apple customers (including iPhone users) tend to have higher then average incomes. Higher incomes generally will translate into higher credit scores, which means they have and use credit cards more often. This means that apple pay is being marketed to the target market of the iPhone. iPhone owners who recently purchased an iPhone will now be more likely to upgrade because of this new featue.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:27:00 PM

Apple has turned into CIA crap since the contracted killing of Steve Jobs, I hope they will lose their capital soon.

This this sheds light on why Apple decided to go full scam with the iPhone 6 pre-order and is pumping these sales with Apple pay.

I found this this on Google, the writer seems to think Steve was given technology from not-human sources.

https://usahitman.com/dsjwat/

Now generally there are two sides to every story and I might me be able to buy that Steve was given and technology and reneged on deals etc... but, that fact that Apple has decided to scam its customers for what's probably going to be billions its not looking so good.

Of coarse Apple can prove all of this wrong simply by delivering the iPhone 6 in a reasonable amount of time without it exploding and then catching fire and filling the room with toxic smoke.
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:56:48 AM

Note how I said one of the most successful phones.

You should also see that apple is able to cross sell their products with the iPhone much easier then Samgsung (or any other phone maker) is able to. If you buy an iPhone then you would be exposed to their macbooks, iPads, iPods and other apple products (if you buy online or at the apple store). Samgsung on the other hand sells their phones almost exclusively through retail stores (authorized resellers) and phone carriers

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:24:31 AM

The thing is that apple customers (including iPhone users) tend to have higher then average incomes. Higher incomes generally will translate into higher credit scores, which means they have and use credit cards more often. This means that apple pay is being marketed to the target market of the iPhone. iPhone owners who recently purchased an iPhone will now be more likely to upgrade because of this new featue.

I think this feature will not drive them to upgrade. Apple's customers in general are not that price sensitive and may go in for the upgrade to the latest model anyway.
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:42:32 AM

I think this feature will not drive them to upgrade. Apple's customers in general are not that price sensitive and may go in for the upgrade to the latest model anyway.
Apple customers will not upgrade just to have the most recent model of the iPhone, they will upgrade because there is something about the new model they specifically want. I think this is one reason why, as of the last several models of the iPhone we have seen it increase in size by a very small amount

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:48:52 AM

Can't speak for Apple regardless but I tried out Square Cash and the first thing that I thought was Bitcoin Competition unless Square incorporates Bitcoin transactions. I read a few places they were but as of now Square Cash is phenomenal and it's free. You sign up on the dedicated site or through the app, verify yourself and link it to your bank. You can use it through your phone contact list, send a text message to someone that you're sending cash. They sign up, link their bank acct for deposit and the transaction is posted in a few hours or next day. It's 100% free, doesn't hold your money either way.

It's mindlessly easy to transfer money from bank to bank (not used for transactions though). I selected someone from my address book and sent them 5 bucks. They received a text saying I sent them 5 bucks. They downloaded the app, verified themselves and linked it to their bank - took about 5 minutes. Then they accepted the transaction and a few hours later they received the money in their account.

I know it's essentially the same principle of sending bitcoin from one address to the other but the difference is Square is sending fiat for free, avoiding all bank wire transfer fees - neither of us was charged anything. I was debited 5 bucks, their acct was credited. This is what bitcoin needs in a legitimate way - something that quick and easy to just pass around bitcoin and have it converted into fiat for those who want it, deposited into their bank - no week long waits, no 13c verification delays...just push a couple buttons and it's done, including authorizing and verification.

That's how easy it needs to be for bitcoin for the general population.

Square Cash just solved the problem. I can send or receive up to 25k (for now) per transaction with a friggin text message and the money's in there in a few hours, for free. No more transfer fees, no middle man fees, none of that.

What's on the table for bitcoin in the general population? We need this! If and when Square incorporates this for bitcoin, that's gonna do the trick I'd imagine.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:13:36 AM

Now try to send Square Cash to the other side of the planet... Roll Eyes
As long as there is a bank, there will be middlemen. Banks don't blindly transfer anything anywhere.

Bitcoins can never be compared to banks, no mater what. Credit cards, supper duper apps or whatnot.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:01:44 AM

Apple's customers are not going to upgrade unless they have a reason to. If the only thing that is different between the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 6 is it's name then people will opt for the cheaper model

kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:59:32 PM

Apple Pay is more secure than using a regular credit card for purchases since it relies on one time codes which help protect your credit card from being compromised and used against your will. I think it will help people become more accustomed to different types of payment methods and once people realize the benefits of a method like bitcoin that is truly separated from the credit card companies, they may be more open to it.
Juan007

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:34:25 PM

Is it possible to use "Apple Pay" with Iphpone 6? Roll Eyes
cryptomad

Activity: 301

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:46:04 PM

I Have never being a Apple fan But on the other hand if some other great Companys Accept as payment,I would be Over the Moon!!

Spend GCN at World of electronics Transfer files at www.gfile.us 10k free per transfer Smiley
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:43:29 PM

Apple Pay is more secure than using a regular credit card for purchases since it relies on one time codes which help protect your credit card from being compromised and used against your will. I think it will help people become more accustomed to different types of payment methods and once people realize the benefits of a method like bitcoin that is truly separated from the credit card companies, they may be more open to it.

Agree with that.
Apple is credited with making people comfortable about buying individual sound tracks, instead of the whole album.
If people could get comfortable about using Apple Pay and not be bothered about credit cards, they might look at bitcoin as an improved version of Apple pay. Cheesy
professionalboatmisser

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:49:28 PM

I may be severly retarded. I've been reading for a while now about apple pay and it still makes no sense to me. Can't grasp the concept. Can anyone explain me in layman terms and how does it correlate with bitcoin in any way?
Hufflepuff

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:21:32 PM

I may be severly retarded. I've been reading for a while now about apple pay and it still makes no sense to me. Can't grasp the concept. Can anyone explain me in layman terms and how does it correlate with bitcoin in any way?
It can be used to transmit currency digitally. That's about the only similarity.
crazyALT47

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:46:42 AM

In theory, when bitcoin has a higher level of consumer adoption, people will be using their smart phones to make everyday purchases via their bitcoin app and QR codes. Apple pay allows for people to pay for things with their smart phone via their credit card
cryptofan5

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:03:58 AM

I guess you need to have money on your apple pay account or to have it connected with credit card and bitcoin comes in as a means of adding funds into apple pay account.
cryptofan5

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:05:49 AM

I Have never being a Apple fan But on the other hand if some other great Companys Accept as payment,I would be Over the Moon!!

They will surely take a slice of the market as they probably will pre-install applepay on each apple device from now on. Each iphone/ipad has to be registered with apple, so they already have hundreds of millions of potential applepay customers.
redskins49

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:23:30 AM

I guess you need to have money on your apple pay account or to have it connected with credit card and bitcoin comes in as a means of adding funds into apple pay account.
You don't actually have a "balance" on your apple pay account. When you use apple pay you are essentially doing the same thing as swiping your credit card, except it is somewhat more secure as your card number is encrypted the entire time from your phone until it reaches visa
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: