Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 07:52:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Apple Pay"  (Read 7704 times)
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:17:36 PM

The smaller their slice of the pie is, the less likely that retailers are going to be interested in accommodating applepay.

They doesn't even hold the majority of the smartphone market, so not "almost everyone" will have the AP functionality. It doesn't seem to be a treat for either cryptocurrency or paypal especially considering paypal has been around for a long time. I, for one, don't care to swap to Apple just to get this feature.
POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:36:15 PM

NFC has been mainstreamed and has been in use in countries like japan and S korea since the 90s.
It's interesting how apple likes to play it off like they pulled off something innovative   Roll Eyes
ivanovasmd

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:51:37 PM

Apple designs products for morons to easily use them. (Source: apple user.) for example they don't use words like "audio" or "video" - nope, it's all "music" and "movies." oh and you don't "export" files anymore, you "share" them.

When bitcoin reaches moron-ease of use, maybe apple will adopt.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:40:27 AM

The technology has been there for a while. I've been using it with my Mastercard for years. Most of the stores supported at launch have even had it for years. Sure, apple adopting NFC payments will help the tech, but it's success isn't their victory alone. If anything they are somewhat late to the mobile payments party.
NFC has been around for years and failed, i doubt AP is going to change anything.

They probably have more of a push to get merchant adoption up. We will have to see how it plays out in long run though.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:31:36 AM

How do I get Apple Pay to work on my Samsung Galaxy?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:30:22 AM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Thanks for that good laugh.
MilesJohan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:31:40 AM

The technology has been there for a while. I've been using it with my Mastercard for years. Most of the stores supported at launch have even had it for years. Sure, apple adopting NFC payments will help the tech, but it's success isn't their victory alone. If anything they are somewhat late to the mobile payments party.
NFC has been around for years and failed, i doubt AP is going to change anything.
I would say that apple could change it. They were able to revolutionize the way that people buy music (instead of buying songs CD's at a time, people can now buy songs one at a time thanks to iTunes), and I don't see any reason why they cannot get apple pay to be successful.

I think if apple pay is successful it will be good for bitcoin over the long term as it will get people comfortable paying for things with their phones 

MileyJohanson
fredthegambler

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:53:15 AM

Its easy man. You just have to go to the pawnshop, pawn your galaxy and buy the iPhone!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:08:55 AM

Its easy man. You just have to go to the pawnshop, pawn your galaxy and buy the iPhone!
I don't think I could own an iPhone without giving in to the urge to smash it to pieces.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Mccoy818

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:31:19 AM

I don't think I could own an iPhone without giving in to the urge to smash it to pieces.

Or bend it like Beckham does. LOL
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:39:02 AM

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:40:42 PM

Well at least they understood where the payment world is going, it's an attempt, even if a bad one. Maybe it's too soon to say if their system will work out to be at least decent, but I'm fairly confident it will smoothen the transaction for the general public towards Bitcoin.
abrahamlitcoin

Activity: 81

♔ of ♥

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:16:54 PM

Anyone here used that app already?

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 06:55:00 AM

Anyone here used that app already?
There are a couple of banks that are offering promotions for people to use their credit/debit card with apple pay. I think apple pay will be a boom for banks because it will get customers to use their specific card if their card is linked to their smartphone
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:59:03 AM

Paypal has announced that their merchant is going to accept Bitcoin as payment and bring the encryption currency to 8 million potential merchant around the world. Now Litecoin may share this treatment through passing piggybacking Bitcoin.
Crusiuxo

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:28:41 PM

I have a feeling this will be a great success in the US  Grin
Bit N Roll

Activity: 67

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 04:06:39 AM

I have a feeling this will be a great success in the US  Grin

Yeah, in the US, that makes it a weak competitor of bitcoin.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:35:10 AM

Apple Pay - The one thing nobody else wants to imitate.

FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:43:06 AM

Well at least they understood where the payment world is going, it's an attempt, even if a bad one. Maybe it's too soon to say if their system will work out to be at least decent, but I'm fairly confident it will smoothen the transaction for the general public towards Bitcoin.
I wouldn't say that apple pay is necessarily a bad attempt. I would say that it would have all the same costs associated with making credit card payments, however it does not have any disadvantage that using a credit card does not already have.

I would say it is a long term good thing for bitcoin because it will get people to be comfortable spending money with their phone which will get people comfortable using bitcoin with their phone.
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:47:19 AM

I wouldn't say that apple pay is necessarily a bad attempt. I would say that it would have all the same costs associated with making credit card payments, however it does not have any disadvantage that using a credit card does not already have.

I would say it is a long term good thing for bitcoin because it will get people to be comfortable spending money with their phone which will get people comfortable using bitcoin with their phone.

I think it will have additional costs compared to credit cards. Apple will demand its cut too. Finally all these costs will be passed on to consumers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: