Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:00:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we are 24 hours after the Braintree/PayPal news....  (Read 3309 times)
promojo (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:17:26 PM

People will only react in a 24hour period when the price is skyrocketting(immediate profit) or when it crashes(or can crash soon in case of really bad news).

Let's just wait and see

I am just use to seeing price shoot + $5-$30 dollars on good news like it was in the $1200 days....  This year has been really stagnate. 

promojo (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:18:07 PM

Market cap over 7 billion, to move this price significantly we need something more substantial than eBay thinking about dipping its toe in the water. Yes its good news and another step towards mass adoption. In my option next step forward for Bitcoin successful launch of ETF, product designed to use bitcoin as a store of wealth and reduce the flow of bitcoins being dumped onto the market daily.

How are the Winklevoss bros doing with that anyway?
promojo (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:20:40 PM

Bitcoin's price isn't dependent on merchant adoption, I hoped that everyone could have realized it by now. Bitcoin would have to be a practical financial tool in the legal field, for that to be true. Bitcoin only becomes useful when anonymity is a needed factor.
The main factors that drive the price are movements in the shadow economy and politics.

Bitcoin is not completely anonymous.   It is all posted on a ledger on the blockchain - let's not forget that.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:21:09 PM

People will only react in a 24hour period when the price is skyrocketting(immediate profit) or when it crashes(or can crash soon in case of really bad news).

Let's just wait and see

I am just use to seeing price shoot + $5-$30 dollars on good news like it was in the $1200 days....  This year has been really stagnate. 

True I believe there has been so much bad and good news that people are oversaturated with information and thev no clue what they should do now Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:24:09 PM

No news is going to move the BTC price it would appear.  Well no good news will move it up I mean.  I have a feeling we are going to be waiting until 12.5 block payouts until we see the rise to the next level.
promojo (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:48:58 PM

No news is going to move the BTC price it would appear.  Well no good news will move it up I mean.  I have a feeling we are going to be waiting until 12.5 block payouts until we see the rise to the next level.

Why does everyone think that price will rise at the split?   I am confused there... That only really applies to miners.
promojo (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:49:29 PM

True I believe there has been so much bad and good news that people are oversaturated with information and thev no clue what they should do now Smiley

I think you are right!  Back in late 2013 early 2014 the news was more scarce.   

btchaste

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:00:28 PM

The huge news of yesterday have pumped a little the value but sincerely I was expecting a more intense rise.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:19:03 PM

Why does everyone think that price will rise at the split?   I am confused there... That only really applies to miners.

Put very simply, the supply created daily will be cut in half.  Assuming demand remains the same, price would have to go up.
promojo (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:30:06 PM

Put very simply, the supply created daily will be cut in half.  Assuming demand remains the same, price would have to go up.

Gotcha!  Makes complete sense.

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:55:24 PM

Nothing really happened. All Paypal did is mention Bitcoin in their advertisement and we all know they did just to try to do something with todays Apple announcement. Speculators could buy some coins, but i guess, they already have them. Paypal needs to say what they wil do and when. That should have some impact on price.
Maybe paypal adopting BTC is already inside current price for speculators. Maybe they saw it long tiem ago and buy them.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:31:45 PM

Seems that we can't break through 490$ on Bitstamp, maybe there will be some more dumps incoming.
promojo (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:54:13 PM

Nothing really happened. All Paypal did is mention Bitcoin in their advertisement and we all know they did just to try to do something with todays Apple announcement. Speculators could buy some coins, but i guess, they already have them. Paypal needs to say what they wil do and when. That should have some impact on price.
Maybe paypal adopting BTC is already inside current price for speculators. Maybe they saw it long tiem ago and buy them.

I don't think people built onto the value of PayPal accepting @ todays rate....  People seem to think coins going to 10,000USD/coin.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:50:45 PM

This is not eBay/PayPal actualling accepting it, it's a good, but still no a big, big thing, not what you are imagining, you are confusing terms here.

exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:58:02 AM

3600 new coins are mined every day. Miners have to sell a lot of those coins to pay their bills. That's a lot of sell pressure. No wonder the price is in a downtrend now that Gox is gone and Willy isn't fixing the market.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:25:05 AM

3600 new coins are mined every day. Miners have to sell a lot of those coins to pay their bills. That's a lot of sell pressure. No wonder the price is in a downtrend now that Gox is gone and Willy isn't fixing the market.

You talk about willy as if there is any actual proof of it's existence. Do you have any or just spreading FUD?
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:45:40 AM

You talk about willy as if there is any actual proof of it's existence. Do you have any or just spreading FUD?

Read The Willy Report.
Also: Look at the market.
tntdgcr

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 11:46:38 AM

idiot traders who think "news" is the only movement trend. fundamentals still matter.

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
femmecoins

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:50:19 AM

Let's just wait and see

Fundamentals have not changed despite potential for information overload. When in doubt i always try and revisit this and remind myself not to get too drawn into the white noise which makes up much of this 'information'.
bittown

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:06:24 PM

When people will see a bitcoin logo in paypal website then maybe the price will rise.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: