Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:07:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we are 24 hours after the Braintree/PayPal news....  (Read 3318 times)
promojo (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:22:11 PM

And.... many on the troll box were saying - WAIT 8 HOURS and you will see moon shot from all the "great news" and multiple degrees of separation.   Look at the price... Currently DOWN ($472) from yesterday ($475).

Let's be honest.  That was not huge news.  Plus - how many degrees of separation do we need?  Sign up on Coinbase - then signup on braintree - download the app - pay with paypal... like what in the actual?

Anyway.... Just as I suspected.  Price did not move - it in fact went down.  Best comment I read yesterday was - "PayPal featuring Bitcoin in their app commercial.  I'm not sure if Bitcoin can handle any more good news right now without imploding."

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:58:42 PM

Why does if have to react in hours?
Did you download the app and start using it to buy stuff? No?
Well maybe 24hours is a too small timeframe for positive news to reflect in the price.

People will only react in a 24hour period when the price is skyrocketting(immediate profit) or when it crashes(or can crash soon in case of really bad news).

Let's just wait and see

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:25:53 PM

why the hurry?

any money you do not need within a month or a year, put it in bitcoin, and see how much you have.

by the time you really need your money, chances are you have much more than you would have if you stored it at the bank.
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:32:03 PM

The reason the price was moving up in previous years, was Willybot.

Now that Gox is gone, there's nothing that can push price up or sustain it at a high level, so it slides slowly down to where it's supposed to be. That's all there is to it.

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:35:01 PM

sure, willy was the sole reason of the price to move
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:26:51 PM

Don't mention that gox was just ten percent of the global exchange volume during that time. Or that 'willy bot' has never been proven - just 'exposed' on a blog and released at a sensitive time to impact the price as much as possible!
trackermut

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:44:36 PM

Market cap over 7 billion, to move this price significantly we need something more substantial than eBay thinking about dipping its toe in the water. Yes its good news and another step towards mass adoption. In my option next step forward for Bitcoin successful launch of ETF, product designed to use bitcoin as a store of wealth and reduce the flow of bitcoins being dumped onto the market daily.
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:52:01 AM

And we're 2% up? Yes, nice, isn't it?

gog1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:55:37 AM

we are still in a downtrend will lots of headwind.  Until the day when there's a reason for the average joe to buy bitcoin then spend - the supply / demand will be imbalance.
g35fan

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:25:01 AM

I'm nearly convinced the only way a huge jump will happen in the short term is from some sort of US economic collapse. Everything in the markets is so overvalued right now, something's gotta give...
institutionaltrader

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:09:31 AM

Don't mention that gox was just ten percent of the global exchange volume during that time. Or that 'willy bot' has never been proven - just 'exposed' on a blog and released at a sensitive time to impact the price as much as possible!

Nothing to do with gox being 10 percent. The problem is that most exchanges had fake volume and fake price indexed to gox either willingly (exchange fraud) or via arbitrage.

Now they switched to other exchanges or average of exchanges prices.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:14:32 AM

Market cap over 7 billion, to move this price significantly we need something more substantial than eBay thinking about dipping its toe in the water. Yes its good news and another step towards mass adoption. In my option next step forward for Bitcoin successful launch of ETF, product designed to use bitcoin as a store of wealth and reduce the flow of bitcoins being dumped onto the market daily.

that is my fear if the ETF is launched and everyone goes ho hum...BTC is so over with....ouch! cause I don't see much in the way of moving BTC price
without the ETF and/or some other big news besides yet MORE giant mining farms offering cloud hashing

we need some crazy ass stupid bank/gov't stunt like Cyprus again! Smiley

oh well I'll hold my 50 BTC till I'm the last guy to do so...need a hobby and better then collecting cats in my old age.....(good to have goals) Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:18:13 AM

When the ETH will become real ?

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:19:55 AM

My guess is about 8 weeks from now.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:27:08 AM

we are still in a downtrend will lots of headwind.  Until the day when there's a reason for the average joe to buy bitcoin then spend - the supply / demand will be imbalance.
or until the halving,
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:35:32 AM

what exactly do you think "ETH" stands for? evening-time high?

i am satoshi
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:17:15 AM

that is my fear if the ETF is launched and everyone goes ho hum...BTC is so over with....ouch! cause I don't see much in the way of moving BTC price
without the ETF and/or some other big news besides yet MORE giant mining farms offering cloud hashing

oh well I'll hold my 50 BTC till I'm the last guy to do so...need a hobby and better then collecting cats in my old age.....(good to have goals) Smiley

Searing

Searing, you seem so melancholic. ETF will change everything. You can't "ho hum" 'demand and supply'.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:25:00 AM

Bitcoin's price isn't dependent on merchant adoption, I hoped that everyone could have realized it by now. Bitcoin would have to be a practical financial tool in the legal field, for that to be true. Bitcoin only becomes useful when anonymity is a needed factor.
The main factors that drive the price are movements in the shadow economy and politics.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:26:18 AM

Searing

Searing, you seem so melancholic. ETF will change everything. You can't "ho hum" 'demand and supply'.

No,
Winklevoss ETF will actually be shot down
GABI is already priced in but shorting on bitcoin or failed to raise fund ($200 million is just fake)
Dubai exchange won't create any thing new
more PayPal or whatever businesses "accept" bitcoin (immediately dump it on exchanges via market sells), the more it will crash. It will crash hard because people will only use the new integration to dump all of their BC holdings fast

Ok, that's the spirit  Grin So there is no hope. Bitcoin is doomed. I though the news were good, but it seems I was wrong.

BTW:
BC=blackcoin
BTC=bitcoin
ongel=troll

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:27:53 AM

The news here is that there is a new avenue for sell pressure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: