Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul: Bitcoin could destroy the dollar  (Read 849 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:25:54 PM

"Imagine a world in which you can buy anything in secret. No banks. No fees. No worries inflation will make today's money worth less tomorrow.
The digital currency Bitcoin promises all these things. And while it's far from achieving any of them -- its value is unstable and it's rarely used** -- some have high hopes."

**CNN lies
"There will be alternatives to the dollar, and this might be one of them," said former U.S. congressman Ron Paul. If people start using bitcoins en masse, "it'll go down in history as the destroyer of the dollar," Paul added.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:35:53 PM

Let's hope that the Bitcoin you see is the tip of the iceberg. Why? Fiat will kill itself if Bitcoin doesn't, and we need something to replace it so we don't lose our ability to trade afar.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:42:31 PM

"Imagine a world in which you can buy anything in secret. No banks. No fees. No worries inflation will make today's money worth less tomorrow.
The digital currency Bitcoin promises all these things. And while it's far from achieving any of them -- its value is unstable and it's rarely used** -- some have high hopes."

**CNN lies
"There will be alternatives to the dollar, and this might be one of them," said former U.S. congressman Ron Paul. If people start using bitcoins en masse, "it'll go down in history as the destroyer of the dollar," Paul added.

So is the first quote from from Ron Paul himself?  Also is the second quote by CNN a made up lie called a quote?  I find your post to be confusing.  Maybe I'm just simple but I've got no clue what the point is your trying to make at this time.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:43:50 PM

**CNN lies

So is the first quote from from Ron Paul himself?  Also is the second quote by CNN a made up lie called a quote?  I find your post to be confusing.  Maybe I'm just simple but I've got no clue what the point is your trying to make at this time.

No, it's from the article, which is hyperlinked in my post in case you missed it

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:46:43 PM

Ron actually said this originally a few months back as it was first discussed in the crypto section on the ron paul forums where I hang out w/ all the other activists across the country. All the Ron people are precious metals types so it's nice to see some of them looking into other alternatives.
gmx95

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:06:22 PM

Did he really say that? He may be right. But the dollar might devalue even without bitcoin.

Bitcoin and Litecoin trading platform. Up to 100% deposit bonus. Fund with credit card. http://novafxtrading.com/bitcoin-trading
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:49:58 AM

**CNN lies

No, it's from the article, which is hyperlinked in my post in case you missed it

Ah ok I see it now, sorry about that.  Will check it out, I was thinking I was missing something, haha.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:30:00 AM

Here's the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Cr_ipD13o&t=1m03s he didn't really say that, but he admits it could be part of the whole picture when the dollar will really struggle to keep its value.
deepestfear

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:37:49 AM

Ron is right about the dollar
That said, the dollar devalued 97% from 1914 to 2009 even without cryptos...

txbtc

Activity: 499

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:17:08 AM

NWO
A world government needs a world currency- Bitcoin Huh
hardleft121

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 06:46:56 AM

I think you are partially right. People would love to use Bitcoin but it won't be able to destroy dollar.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:40:37 AM

Thanks to inflation. Banks are stealing your wealth by printing more money.

jetfox
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:26:36 AM

The process of printing money isn't under control of banks. This is a government decision.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:15:18 PM

The process of printing money isn't under control of banks. This is a government decision.

Who do you think owns the government?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: