Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:48:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Here PLEASE PLEASE HELP!  (Read 882 times)
Ilovebitcoins (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 04:08:38 AM

Hello everyone!!!

So heres my situation. I had purchased some bitcoins on MTGOX. I then transfered them to my online wallet at www.blockchain.info. That went flawlessly and I had my coins into the wallet within about 45 minutes give or take.

Now here is the issue. Once I received the coins into that wallet I again went to transfer them to another safer wallet. When I did this I forgot to add a fee. Now I hit the send money transfer at about 2:00PM or so this afternoon. This transaction is still unconfirmed. How long will it take to get confirmations? I have never ever had a transfer take this long. I am trying to spend my coin before a certain sale is over. I am just basically asking is there anyway that I can cancel the transaction and add a small fee? I mean I have a little extra coin the could be added to have miners process it faster.

Can anyone please give me any advice at all? I know in the future to basically make sure that I add a reward/fee so my transactions are processed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
donking

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 04:13:01 AM

Once you have sent it, you can't cancel it or add fees to it. You just have to wait until it goes through. Maybe 30 mins.
Ilovebitcoins (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 04:16:52 AM

What I am saying is this has not had any confirmations since 18:36 (4:36PM) EST of that helps. Not one confirmation as of yet. How long should this take without the fee?
donking

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 04:21:00 AM

I am no expert, but I think if you just have transferred the bitcoins from one wallet to another, and then wants to transfer it again very quickly that makes it take more kb in the block.

And thus not be preferred to be included in the block. So you just have to wait until it eventually gets included. No way of saying exactly how long it will take.
Ilovebitcoins (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 04:23:45 AM

Well thanks for the information bud. At least I know what the hell is going on now. I thought I had lost the coin forever even tho there was nothing done wrong at all.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 04:54:25 AM

Well thanks for the information bud. At least I know what the hell is going on now. I thought I had lost the coin forever even tho there was nothing done wrong at all.
Even if the transaction never passes, the coins will be returned to the old addr for blockchain.info wallets.
donking

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 05:10:08 AM

But are there many transactions "out there" that are still not been added to the block chain?

For a regular transaction that the only problem is that the inputs have been transfered recently there are no worries. It will be included
at some point 100%.

Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 05:29:57 AM

I think you have ~10 hrs left on the "certain sale" Tongue

Ilovebitcoins (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 05:37:17 AM

Actually there is just less than 12 hours left. I bet that is why the price of Bitcoin has went up this past week. Tons of people stocking up on coin to place orders. Who knows maybe I am wrong but I would bet to say that that certain site represents 25% of the bitcoins being used today. This is the wallet they are slacking on transfering to

1Lrp8pPciNfTPRFZTfqNAyqk3v2rRdfX45
Ilovebitcoins (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 07:46:26 AM

What the fuck. So they finally were transfered back to my online wallet. So once that happened I went to resend the coins and add a fee in. Well this time it did not even give me an option to even add a reward. Oh well I guess here is to waiting another 11 hours to get my coins back again. Usually it asks if I would like a reward for the miners. This time NOPE!

I guess it wasn't meant to be for me to get in on a special "4/20" at a certain special site.
Ilovebitcoins (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 07:49:41 AM

I take that back. 1 confrimation already. IM SO EXICTED AND I JUST CANT FIGHT IT.

.25 BTC to the first person to find and post the lyrics

just leave your wallet address.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 08:00:30 AM

I take that back. 1 confrimation already. IM SO EXICTED AND I JUST CANT FIGHT IT.

.25 BTC to the first person to find and post the lyrics

just leave your wallet address.

Tonight's the night we're gonna make it happen
Tonight we'll put all other things aside
Get in this time and show me some affection
We're goin' for those pleasures in the night

I want to love you, feel you, wrap myself around you
I want to squeeze you, please you, I just can't get enough
And if you move real slow I let it go

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
And I know I know I know I know I know I want you

We shouldn't even think about tomorrow
Sweet memories will last for long long time
We'll have a good time, Baby, don't do worry
And if we're still playin' around boy that's just fine

Let's get excited, we just can't hide it
I know I know I know I know I know I want you, I want you

I want to love you, feel you, wrap myself around you
I want to squeeze you, please you, I just can't get enough
And if you move real slow I let it go

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it
I know I know I know I know I know I want you

15REbfCLtuoeRGtp6ck7AHErSm4pejfi4e

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Ilovebitcoins (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 08:03:41 AM

Foxpup u win. As soon as the coin clears I will send it.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3044

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 11:05:10 AM

Coins received. Thanks. Grin

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
finty

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 11:46:48 AM

Hello everyone!!!

So heres my situation. I had purchased some bitcoins on MTGOX. I then transfered them to my online wallet at www.blockchain.info. That went flawlessly and I had my coins into the wallet within about 45 minutes give or take.

Now here is the issue. Once I received the coins into that wallet I again went to transfer them to another safer wallet. When I did this I forgot to add a fee. Now I hit the send money transfer at about 2:00PM or so this afternoon. This transaction is still unconfirmed. How long will it take to get confirmations? I have never ever had a transfer take this long. I am trying to spend my coin before a certain sale is over. I am just basically asking is there anyway that I can cancel the transaction and add a small fee? I mean I have a little extra coin the could be added to have miners process it faster.

Can anyone please give me any advice at all? I know in the future to basically make sure that I add a reward/fee so my transactions are processed.

Thanks man
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: