Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:41:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Economy Workgroup - The MEW Thread  (Read 37977 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:33:46 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2016, 05:45:27 PM by saddambitcoin

MEW Discussion Page!
https://monero.consider.it/

Obviously this does not supplant a proper Community Vote as outlined in the MEW article of association, but I saw this website and thought it looked cool as a way to visualize what the most desired outcomes might be.

If you create an account and login, you can select Agree/Disagree for each option on the slider. The page will then order the list accordingly, as more feedback is received.

Let me know if I should add any proposals to the list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:59:00 PM

@saddambitcoin: Expressed opinion on the form! I'm going all in with the 10x bet on monerodice  Grin

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:05:11 PM

@saddambitcoin: Expressed opinion on the form! I'm going all in with the 10x bet on monerodice  Grin

... say we win then what?

myagui
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:07:59 PM

... say we win then what?

Then we could simply proceed to execute all other options as well!

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:10:15 PM

I think we should use the funds to further development either through donating to core team or by funding one of the initiatives and voted accordingly.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:28:40 PM

Diamond Member. 1000 votes.

I vote that the MEW is dissolved and the funds donated to the only large-scale Monero Economy initiative born within the MEW, Crypto Kingdom, and there, specifically, the Devfund: ingame pool account taking care of the technical development of the game platform.

If we consider the alternatives, the ones that are somewhat legitimate and easy to accomplish - considering the sum is only about $2000, which does not warrant excessive considerations nor practicalities - they are 1) giving the money to core team 2) giving the money to members.

Of these, the 1) is not legitimate. MEW was expressly established to be a counter to the core team, yet 50% of the contributions were decided to be given to the core team to ensure that their work proceeds correctly and also because there were no pressing uses for the membership donations. To put it bluntly, donating the rest of the funds to the core team "goes against everything MEW stands for". Anyone who was there remembers this.

And 2) is not practical. Since the inception of MEW, the value of XMR has declined greatly and the once-large donation of $100 or $1000 has declined in value to be trivial. The ones who donated little, stand to gain even less, and the ones who donated much, have much more remaining. (Taking the 50% initial cut to the core team into account, only about 10% of the value remains and we have collectively more important things to do.

As for the MEW-discount, it has been changed to MEW-bonus:
- The MEW membership fee qualifies as 25% bonus gold. If you are a diamond member, you are entitled to 250 XMR worth of extra gold if you buy 1,000 XMR worth. If you are a gold member, a purchase of 100 XMR gives 25 XMR extra. Diamond member may also purchase with 100 XMR and in this case will get 25 XMR extra etc. Gold member may purchase with 1,000 XMR but in this case get only 25 XMR extra.

As a member of MEW, you already had the chance to gain free CKG valued more than your contribution to the MEW. (Price of gold was 0.05-0.28 XMR during the opportunity.) Overall, CK is valued at about 1,500,000 XMR and is almost completely owned by the members of the MEW, with many enriched 10x already. Merging the MEW to its offspring would be a most suitable next step in the saga of Monero.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:39:41 PM

I think we should use the funds to further development either through donating to core team or by funding one of the initiatives and voted accordingly.

Of the options listed by saddam those are the only 2 options that make sense to me.

I see that you commented on the Trezor thread on the Monero forum and it seems interesting to me as well.  May I suggest people read the comments made by NoodleDoodle and Gingeropolus (aka GingerAle)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:44:58 PM

Point of order. I believe there was a specific voting process? My recollection is imperfect but I think it included:

1. The discussion should take place on the Monero forum or maybe a MEW forum (does this still exist?), i don't remember which.

2. There is supposed to be a designated discussion period followed by a voting period. I don't remember the time periods for each.

3. I don't remember if this requires someone to call for discussion and vote, but I would guess so.

myagui
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:47:32 PM

3rd dan, 51 votes.

I vote that the MEW is dissolved, and remainder funds are donated towards CK (as per below) and Monerodice, equally split among the two. If there is another live initiative of particular relevance, I'd suggest adding that as well.

Smooth's point just above is quite important as well in my mind, though if one quickly finds the majority voting in a certain direction, however informal the process, I'd be happy with reaching closure and hopefully not be wasting everyone's time.

I vote that the MEW is dissolved and the funds donated to the only large-scale Monero Economy initiative born within the MEW, Crypto Kingdom, and there, specifically, the Devfund: ingame pool account taking care of the technical development of the game platform.
[...] edited for brevity [...]

saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:51:51 PM

From the Articles of Association linked in the OP:

Voting procedure is as follows:
-voting is triggered
-matter to be voted upon is published
-168 hours of discussion time
-final proposal to be voted upon is fixed
-168 hours of voting time
-publishing of the result

All resolutions except spending may be passed in express order as follows: if a required majority of all outstanding votes is affirmative, the result is immediately obtained.
To give weight to the vote, it is possible to attach a conditional resignation to the vote. If the result comes against such voter, he is automatically resigned from MEW as a result and refunded. If the vote was concerning spending and the voter was against it, his refund is calculated prior to the spending takes place. It is not possible to revert such resignation except by applying for membership anew.

Members may proxy all or part of their vote-power to another member. No member may have more than 10,000 total vote-power, if this happens the excess will not be counted.

The bolded part is an interesting condition.

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:54:29 PM

I have to agree with smooth, that before we all start voting we should lay out some guidelines again (to refresh people's memory) and set a number of options. I am in favor of whatever is best for Monero's economy.

Rpietila, what about something donating a part of it to the Monero House character in CK?

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:10:12 PM

I am in favor of the funds going to Crypto Kingdom. Whether you play the game or not, it is arguably the most active hub of the current Monero Economy and is still undergoing massive development. The success of the game would no doubt further the success of Monero.

The game also directly donates to the Monero devs in the form of its "Monero House" organization. As the treasurer of Crypto Kingdom, in the past year I can account for 2351 XMR donated to Monero development from Monero House.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:17:24 PM

As the Operational Executive, I call the vote: "What to do with the MEW and its funds" to the discussion round. Rules state that the discussion takes 168 hours, and during this time members may make proposals and support them.

To move on reasonably, the proposal should include if the MEW is terminated or not, and what to do with the funds. The most supported proposals go to final vote.

The discussion will be held in this thread until pressing matters otherwise dictate. It is likely that after such a long delay, this forum is able to reach larger audience.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:47:16 PM

Proposal: MEW disbanded and the funds refunded to member's accounts in CK (new accounts created if necessary). Members may then decide whether to use those funds within the CK economy (which could include donating to MoneroHouse or any other purpose) or withdraw them.
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:49:51 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2016, 12:52:10 AM by dnaleor

50 votes

Proposal:

Contact every MEW member and ask them if they want to get their remaining share of funds back.
If they provide a deposit address within 7 days, funds are returned.
Unclaimed funds are donated to core dev team.
Dissolve MEW
nioc
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:56:47 PM

Proposal: MEW disbanded and the funds refunded to member's accounts in CK (new accounts created if necessary). Members may then decide whether to use those funds within the CK economy (which could include donating to MoneroHouse or any other purpose) or withdraw them.

I don't have a CK account and I have absolutely no interest in one.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:02:53 AM

Please everyone follow the rules of MEW: when discussing, start your post with the number of votes, even if it is not the voting stage yet.

bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 12:20:15 AM

Proposal:

Contact every MEW member and ask them if they want to get their remaining share of funds back.
If they provide a deposit address within 7 days, funds are returned.
Unclaimed funds are donated to core dev team.
Dissolve MEW

100 votes inclined in this direction.

Personally, I would not request funds back and would let it go to core dev team, but I think people should have the option of a return since MEW went dormant for so long.

That approach also seems consistent with the articles of incorporation, which provide for a refund of votes if annual fees are not paid.  So basically, if MEW was not dissolved, anyone who did not renew would be entitled to a refund anyway:

Yearly membership dues, to be paid by the end of January, are kept in a separate fund until January has ended. At that point all members that have not paid their due are dismissed and refunded of their votes. Only after this, will the yearly dues be merged with the GF.
nioc
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 01:27:19 AM

Please everyone follow the rules of MEW: when discussing, start your post with the number of votes, even if it is not the voting stage yet.

Although you quoted me I assume this also applies to smooth, saddambitcoin and dEBRUYNE.

10 votes Embarrassed
saddambitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:42:25 AM

100 votes

In support of PROPOSAL CK!

If the result comes against my vote, I automatically resign and accept a refund of my remaining 50 XMR.

Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: