Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:29:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridseed 5 chip Asics - Make me any offer!  (Read 1566 times)
minerinhk (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:02:04 AM

Time to offload these Gridseed ASICs (Gold round type). Stats:

Power efficient, faster mining speed, dual mining option.

- Each Unit comes with 5 Chips

- Each Gridseed 330-450KH/S Asic Scrypt and 11.25 GH/S SHA Miner

- The latest 55-nm ASIC supports 3 modes:

- Dual

- Bitcoin mode: Bitcoi/Scrypt mining only (can mine any SHA-256 currenc @65W)

- Litecoin mode: Litecoin mining only (can mine any Scrypt currency @4-7w)

I have hundreds of these units - Make me an offer!

Shipping is from Hong Kong (approx $8 ea) - Volume orders over 100 would get substantial bulk shipping discounts.

My loss is your gain!

PM me / email uscleo{a t}me.com for details

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xXTMC3Xx

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:51:10 AM

$8 to mail overseas to the US?

baldpope

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:36:31 AM

Shipping alone makes these not worth the purchase.

Can you find a quote to ship in groups of 20 - which is what they were originally packaged in - might be easier to offload that way.
minerinhk (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:51:04 AM

I would be willing to let these go for $200 for a box of 20, shipped. Thats $10 ea... a great bargain!!!  Grin Grin Grin
Caraminer

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:42:10 AM

Can you post a picture of the miners along with your forum username and are you willing to use escrow?
minerinhk (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:47:53 AM

Sure - I'll get the pic uploaded tomorrow - they are in a facility not close by.

I'm open to escrow on a larger order - or as long as the buyer pays or if its a small percentage.
baldpope

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:30:26 PM

I would be willing to let these go for $200 for a box of 20, shipped. Thats $10 ea... a great bargain!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Unfortunately, it's still not a bargain for the educated miner...

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/litecoin-mining-calculator/?h=7200&p=140.00&pc=0.10&pf=0.00&d=28123.64050683&r=50.00000000&er=0.01118005&btcer=496.05000000&hc=0.00

Sorry bud, shipping just doesn't make these worth it.  In addition to the cumbersome deployment of 20 miners, the cost and ROI just aren't there for $200.

I feel your pain, I bought 20 at the time they came out ($180/ea = $3600).  I know they'll never ROI at this point.
baldpope

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:07:18 PM

Also interested in confirmed pics and using escrow.  Will send an offer once stock is 'confirmed'.  Please let us know the total quantity you have and if you can provide a shipping cost per 20, that would help with users providing an offer.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:25:41 PM

Unfortunately, it's still not a bargain for the educated miner...

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/litecoin-mining-calculator/?h=7200&p=140.00&pc=0.10&pf=0.00&d=28123.64050683&r=50.00000000&er=0.01118005&btcer=496.05000000&hc=0.00

Sorry bud, shipping just doesn't make these worth it.  In addition to the cumbersome deployment of 20 miners, the cost and ROI just aren't there for $200.

I feel your pain, I bought 20 at the time they came out ($180/ea = $3600).  I know they'll never ROI at this point.

Educated miner?

I paid around 6BTC for my 20(about $165/ea at the time), and I've ROI'd 5 to 6 times over, literally.  People always talk about ROI, but there are many factors that come into play.  Like actively watching coin releases and exchange prices.  No gear will ROI if you just set it on a multipool and forget about it.  If it would, the companies that make the gear would just "stress test" the gear until it wasn't profitable... oh wait, they already do that.

Educated miners know how to ROI on gear that isn't currently profitable.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
baldpope

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:52:17 PM

Educated miner?

I paid around 6BTC for my 20(about $165/ea at the time), and I've ROI'd 5 to 6 times over, literally.  People always talk about ROI, but there are many factors that come into play.  Like actively watching coin releases and exchange prices.  No gear will ROI if you just set it on a multipool and forget about it.  If it would, the companies that make the gear would just "stress test" the gear until it wasn't profitable... oh wait, they already do that.

-Fuse

I'm not one to call bullshit on any one, but you're suggesting that you've made $15K (on the low-end) in approximately 6 months, just mining / selling.  I'm not talking about trading that same earned coin constantly - i'm talking about straight mining.  Yea - not buying that at all.  Even switching and following scrypt coins (which is a PITA to be honest, but I'll give you that maybe you are), I find it highly suspect that you have that kind of return in 6 months.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:51:33 PM

Educated miner?

I paid around 6BTC for my 20(about $165/ea at the time), and I've ROI'd 5 to 6 times over, literally.  People always talk about ROI, but there are many factors that come into play.  Like actively watching coin releases and exchange prices.  No gear will ROI if you just set it on a multipool and forget about it.  If it would, the companies that make the gear would just "stress test" the gear until it wasn't profitable... oh wait, they already do that.

-Fuse

I'm not one to call bullshit on any one, but you're suggesting that you've made $15K (on the low-end) in approximately 6 months, just mining / selling.  I'm not talking about trading that same earned coin constantly - i'm talking about straight mining.  Yea - not buying that at all.  Even switching and following scrypt coins (which is a PITA to be honest, but I'll give you that maybe you are), I find it highly suspect that you have that kind of return in 6 months.

People who know me here know I tell it straight.

Mined POT, made enough to cover most of the ROI on the initial gear.  Started on NLG, and in the last couple weeks saw my holding equate to about 30-33BTC.  I've just stuck to NLG even though it's not producing much anymore just because I haven't had the time to research new coins.  Members of the CripToe team did the same with more gear, and they are sitting returns much higher than mine.

Total hashpower = 18MH(with two blades added @ $300 each at the time)

Do your homework, homie... it's not rocket science.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:53:41 PM

Educated miner?

-Fuse

I'm not one to call bullshit on any one, but you're suggesting that you've made $15K (on the low-end) in approximately 6 months, just mining / selling.  I'm not talking about trading that same earned coin constantly - i'm talking about straight mining.  Yea - not buying that at all.  Even switching and following scrypt coins (which is a PITA to be honest, but I'll give you that maybe you are), I find it highly suspect that you have that kind of return in 6 months.

Mined POT, made enough to cover most of the ROI on the initial gear.  Started on NLG, and in the last couple weeks saw my holding equate to about 30-33BTC.  Members of the CripToe team did the same with more gear, and they are sitting returns much higher than mine.

-Fuse

I can attest that his POT selloff pretty much set him solid in the bank. For those who may not remember, pot tripled in price for a brief moment before crashing, and a few lucky folks sold at that peak. I wish I was one of them..

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:57:02 PM

Educated miner?

I paid around 6BTC for my 20(about $165/ea at the time), and I've ROI'd 5 to 6 times over, literally.  People always talk about ROI, but there are many factors that come into play.  Like actively watching coin releases and exchange prices.  No gear will ROI if you just set it on a multipool and forget about it.  If it would, the companies that make the gear would just "stress test" the gear until it wasn't profitable... oh wait, they already do that.

-Fuse

I'm not one to call bullshit on any one, but you're suggesting that you've made $15K (on the low-end) in approximately 6 months, just mining / selling.  I'm not talking about trading that same earned coin constantly - i'm talking about straight mining.  Yea - not buying that at all.  Even switching and following scrypt coins (which is a PITA to be honest, but I'll give you that maybe you are), I find it highly suspect that you have that kind of return in 6 months.

Mined POT, made enough to cover most of the ROI on the initial gear.  Started on NLG, and in the last couple weeks saw my holding equate to about 30-33BTC.  Members of the CripToe team did the same with more gear, and they are sitting returns much higher than mine.

-Fuse

I can attest that his POT selloff pretty much set him solid in the bank. For those who may not remember, pot tripled in price for a brief moment before crashing, and a few lucky folks sold at that peak. I wish I was one of them..

Sold all my POT holdings at 3400-3450.  If you go back and look at the charts, you'll see why the initial ROI was easily made.  After that, it was pretty much running profits.

That was a good day for the CripToe team.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
xXTMC3Xx

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:58:09 PM

Educated miner?

-Fuse

Mined POT, made enough to cover most of the ROI on the initial gear.  Started on NLG, and in the last couple weeks saw my holding equate to about 30-33BTC.  I've just stuck to NLG even though it's not producing much anymore just because I haven't had the time to research new coins.  Members of the CripToe team did the same with more gear, and they are sitting returns much higher than mine.

-Fuse

Nice returns! I was won of the first people to mine Black Coin. Had 13.5 and ended up selling out for $150. I'm still kicking myself because I could have got $4.5k

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:38:14 PM

Educated miner?

-Fuse

Mined POT, made enough to cover most of the ROI on the initial gear.  Started on NLG, and in the last couple weeks saw my holding equate to about 30-33BTC.  I've just stuck to NLG even though it's not producing much anymore just because I haven't had the time to research new coins.  Members of the CripToe team did the same with more gear, and they are sitting returns much higher than mine.

-Fuse

Nice returns! I was won of the first people to mine Black Coin. Had 13.5 and ended up selling out for $150. I'm still kicking myself because I could have got $4.5k

Exactly... watching the markets and following trends make people money.  I sold my first lot of LTC(280 to be exact) to buy a motherboard and CPU off Amazon.  I later mined another 300.  I sold that 300 for TAG, and sold that TAG and bought 20 GPUs, and all the fixings to go with them.  This was before ASICs.  I lost money in selling, and gained money in selling.  I didn't actively trade on exchanges, I just watched the markets.  Daily volume is a great indicator of what to expect in short term price.  Follow the averages, and you'll be good.  Now mind you, I'm not an expert speculator.  I've just been watching this stuff long enough to pick a winner once in a while and not lose my shirt on an equipment purchase.

Vesper has said it numerous times in these forums- "equipment in hand now is better than equipment in hand later".

Just make it work for you, and don't be afraid to stray outside of the norm.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
minerinhk (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:35:37 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 05:45:50 AM by minerinhk

It sure sounds like you guys know alot more than I did - I just mined and sat there - did't really want to put in the effort to mine other alt coins, etc. oh well... back to anyone who may be interested at taking these off my hands:

http://i57.tinypic.com/35n7omd.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/zur2q9.jpg

Will consider any reasonable offer.

Shipping via post is US$110 per box of 20 by Air Mail. 
minerinhk (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:06:25 AM

anyone else want to get these pretty much for the cost of shipping only? PM me....
sobe-it

Activity: 453

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:21:27 PM

Pm'd
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: