Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:56:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: About Amazon and Bitcoin  (Read 1879 times)
flavid (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:55:21 AM

Did it occur to anybody else that Amazon can't join the bitcoin revolution because Jeff Bezos is part of the bilderberg group?

Bitcoin revolution is the anti-thesis of the bilderbergers.

If by a minuscule chance Amazon will adopt bitcoin, then it will be HUGE! BTC will be unstopable after that.

Miracles happen alot. It's not inconceivable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:01:20 AM

I don't think it will matter if Amazon decides to accept Bitcoin or not.  They can be replaced like any other business and that company will accept bitcoin which if fine with me.  Amazon has competitors and people will be more then glad to use their service.  I personally don't think Amazon will refuse to accept Bitcoin in the future especially if Bitcoin continues to grow and more business accept it.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:07:28 AM

Did it occur to anybody else that Amazon can't join the bitcoin revolution because Jeff Bezos is part of the bilderberg group?

If only they knew the power of the blockchain...they will join us or die.

Grin

In all honesty i can imagine bitcoin on amazon in under 2 months.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:09:20 AM

Grin

strongly doubt it. it's christmas season in 2 months. amazon will be too busy to actually incorporate bitcoin, especially since it'll be the testing stage. earliest will probably early next year, and i don't think will happen either. amazon has been vehement.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:13:24 AM

Grin

strongly doubt it. it's christmas season in 2 months. amazon will be too busy to actually incorporate bitcoin, especially since it'll be the testing stage. earliest will probably early next year, and i don't think will happen either. amazon has been vehement.

Cant really ignore it once paypal/ebay bring the mainstream up to speed on BTC.  But yeah maybe it will take longer.
NotSee

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:14:26 AM

I think Amazon accepting bitcoin would really help it get noticed by a large part of the population. There are still people I talk to who dont know about it  Angry
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:40:32 AM

I was not aware of Jeff Bezos attending the Bilderberg group meetings:
What if he is placed in the "innocent section" and doesn't know what is really going on?  Cheesy

flavid (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:52:27 AM

I was not aware of Jeff Bezos attending the Bilderberg group meetings:
What if he is placed in the "innocent section" and doesn't know what is really going on?  Cheesy

I dont think "innocent" and "bilderberg" can belong in the same sentence lol but yeah... here's hoping too  Smiley
DoubleBEE

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:09:07 AM

looks like conspiracy theory Cheesy ...a little
deal

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:36:59 AM

Come on, Amazon!
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:53:12 AM

I support Amazon to accept Bitcoin, for Bitcoin system is so perfect that its security can go over on any bank's system. Any reason that make Amazon give up Bitcoin should not lie on Bitcoin itself. There will be an unthinkable strength through the cooperation between Amazon and Bitcoin.
NotSee

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:22:47 AM

I'm surprised a company like amazon, any company, hasn't gone all out and tried to make bitcoin a more widely accepted currency
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:25:11 AM

If by a minuscule chance Amazon will adopt bitcoin, then it will be HUGE! BTC will be unstopable after that.

Amazon has been accepting bitcoin for about a year now through their affiliate gyft.

I've bought tons of stuff with BTC from amazon.

It's as easy as 1,2,3.

How have you missed this?

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
flavid (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:50:08 AM

Amazon has been accepting bitcoin for about a year now through their affiliate gyft.

I've bought tons of stuff with BTC from amazon.

It's as easy as 1,2,3.

How have you missed this?

Because I have no idea what affiliate gyft is
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 03:06:19 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 04:39:40 AM by Rassah

The bilderberg group is mostly just a place for business/politics nerds, who are too wealthy and famous to go out in public, to be able to freely hang out and relax among people with similar situations and interests. It's basically the equivalent of bitcoiners hanging out at afterparties and bars during bitcoin conventions, where they can network and discuss "you help me, I help you" business arrangements. Nothing all that sinister. And since Jeff Bezos is at the least a libertarian, I'm pretty sure he's quite in favor of bitcoin. Remember, these people are interested in business and free trade first and foremost, not government and controlling the world.
NotSee

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:10:13 AM

Because I have no idea what affiliate gyft is

http://www.gyft.com/

Basically bitcoins to giftcards. The deal isn't bad, they seem to go by the coindesk calculator price.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 04:42:54 AM

The deal isn't bad, they seem to go by the coindesk calculator price.

They use BitPay, and thus BitPay's price. Last I heard, BitPay derives their prices from looking at a collection of bitcoin exchanges and seing what it would cost to sell that amount of bitcoin right now, based on actual available offers. So, if still true, BitPay is even more accurate than just an average of prices.
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:54:00 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 06:04:50 AM by Billbags

I agree with what you are saying about bitpay. I feel it is an honest representation of the actual bitcoin price. I hade to type this completely out because my previous post got deleted by a mod for typing ^ +1 for agreeing with Rassah comment posted above. On the Amazon subject, I have been a prime member for 7 years and would love to see them accept bitcoin. It would allow me to skip the step of buying an Amazon card from gyft app with bitcoin and then applying it to my account. I could just use the bitcoin directly. This wold help bitcoin out IMHO. Now my post is on subject and more than 5 words long.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
grandFX
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:57:40 AM

I think very good, if amazon accept bitcoin.
because too many people use it to payment. Smiley
centauribit

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:02:00 AM

becoming clear that Amazon already has e-currency and
payment-platform ambitions of its own.

Bitcoin does not need Amazon !

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: