Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:03:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Else Can You Use Your GPU Power To Profit From?  (Read 4380 times)
gigabytecoin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:32:44 PM

So I imagine in a few more weeks I will either be turning off my miners and/or joining a pool.

I am curious, what are other people's plans for their GPU power once bitcoin difficulty goes through the roof?

Sell them on ebay/craiglist?

I have heard you can possibly unlock phones? (That would require setting up a business entity however I would imagine? Or could you sell that service through ebay as well?)

Create Namecoins?

Anything else?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:42:07 PM

Play crysis at reasonable fps?  Grin
TehZomB

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:47:53 PM

Compute my way into heaven by contributing to Folding@Home.
gigabytecoin (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:48:54 PM

That's true, I wouldn't mind donating it to science. What exactly is going to come of all that folding anyways?
TehZomB

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 11:51:43 PM

That's true, I wouldn't mind donating it to science. What exactly is going to come of all that folding anyways?
I think they are looking for cures to diseases like Alzheimer's, ALS, and even some cancers. If they make a breakthrough, and I was contributing at the time, personally I'd feel pretty good inside. Thankfully, the difficulty for protein folding won't go up either Cheesy
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 12:45:58 AM

too bad you don't get any money from that. Unless you can sell that "warm fuzzy feeling" to someone else :p

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Dayofswords

Activity: 138
Merit: 11

Exchange BTC in Telegram https://bit.ly/2MEfiw8

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 01:40:17 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2011, 08:44:46 PM by Dayofswords

too bad you don't get any money from that. Unless you can sell that "warm fuzzy feeling" to someone else :p

People like living. I'm sure many will pay in truck loads of fuzzy feelings every time more and more progress is made.

BTC Banker - Exchange BTC in Telegram bot https://bit.ly/2MEfiw8
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 01:55:47 AM

you cant buy the warm and fuzzy feeling.... the same way you cant buy real love and priceless moments....

now, live with a few hundred $ less in your bank but feel good and happy and have a meaning to your life, or be driven by computer generated money and die of unhappiness or cancer, knowing you could have helped cure the disease you are dying from instead of making fake money

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 02:57:02 PM

you cant buy the warm and fuzzy feeling.... the same way you cant buy real love and priceless moments....

now, live with a few hundred $ less in your bank but feel good and happy and have a meaning to your life, or be driven by computer generated money and die of unhappiness or cancer, knowing you could have helped cure the disease you are dying from instead of making fake money
Woohoo, I'm killing the planet for marginal (if any) contribution in curing mans' diseases so they can live on to consume more energy and create sigpics showing their pollution per day stats. I wonder how many people have died from the added pollution of tens of thousands of computers running at full throttle 24/7. This doesn't even take into account the actual research which could have been done if the electricity bill $ amount had instead gone to a legitimate charity. But that adds meaning to peoples' lives? Well congratulations! (not that I'm trying to justify Bitcoin.... Wink )
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 03:01:55 PM

Computers are absolutely crucial to humanity's survival..thus I'd say whatever pollution the produce either directly or indirectly (externalities) is completely justified....now pardon me while I add more power hungry computers to my hashing cluster..*pets mining rigs*

warweed

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 03:07:15 PM

I have alot invested in 5870's and 5850 Riggs I'm going to continue to dump 25 % of my mining profit back into new rigs to battle difficulty personally then when the end is near sell my cards back to miners or use them for wpa cracking
TehZomB

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 03:10:57 PM

Woohoo, I'm killing the planet for marginal (if any) contribution in curing mans' diseases so they can live on to consume more energy and create sigpics showing their pollution per day stats. I wonder how many people have died from the added pollution of tens of thousands of computers running at full throttle 24/7. This doesn't even take into account the actual research which could have been done if the electricity bill $ amount had instead gone to a legitimate charity. But that adds meaning to peoples' lives? Well congratulations! (not that I'm trying to justify Bitcoin.... Wink )
The money from donations... would just go to more protein folding experiments anyway. Besides, if you are worried about the environment, you can get solar or wind power.
shooter_mcgavin

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 03:24:53 PM

I have alot invested in 5870's and 5850 Riggs I'm going to continue to dump 25 % of my mining profit back into new rigs to battle difficulty personally then when the end is near sell my cards back to miners or use them for wpa cracking

Spend your money on 2tb hard drives and just use salted rainbow tables...WPA cracking with brute force is outdated.

If you think I've been helpful, toss me a few bitcoin -  1J2bbukPKFrwEfk4iHueKfLfFBXLSNGnTi
Nicksasa

Activity: 288

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 05:29:05 PM

Good luck doing that with ati cards ...  Wink

gigabytecoin (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 07:05:39 PM

Computers are absolutely crucial to humanity's survival..thus I'd say whatever pollution the produce either directly or indirectly (externalities) is completely justified....now pardon me while I add more power hungry computers to my hashing cluster..*pets mining rigs*

Oh god allinvain Tongue

I'm a bit sick over here, and reading that post almost made me cough up a lung! Hilarious stuff.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 12:23:20 AM

Oh god allinvain Tongue

I'm a bit sick over here, and reading that post almost made me cough up a lung! Hilarious stuff.

Glad you got a chuckle out of it Tongue I am to entertain as well as educate.

Also remember that all men who accomplished great things were borderline obsessed Smiley Can someone make a motivational poster with this quote? lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: