Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:48:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinTournament.com  (Read 5981 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 08:52:28 PM

Tournaments are made all the time with official cash prizes.  Sponsored by major players too, like EVGA, etc.

I think it'd be against the law if it was built in to the game (gambling, or something), but if a 3rd party hosts a tournament, I don't think there are any laws against it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PwrLeveld (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Computta Mine Your Own BTC

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 03:12:45 AM

Hi,
I would like to start by thanking everyone who completed the survey. There has been a total of 30 participants in the survey providing promising data for the creation of the site. I also will have to say due to numerous write in votes league of legends will be one of the earlier tournaments. However, this is more about the fact that there is now some investor information uploaded to BitcoinTournament.com. To veiw the information just go to BitcoinTournament.com and click the link at the bottom. Make sure to save the file as .pptx as it tries to save as .zip for a reason I can not figure out. I advice everyone with an intrest to invest in the company reads the information provided within. I also advice anyone that has enough bitcoins to invest but no intrest to invest to read to as it explains how it will help you. In addition I would like to anounce that it is definite that you will be allowed to host your own tournaments, more details will come later. Over the weekend a website should be up that will be mostly informational without the function of the final website.
Thank you,
BitcoinTournament.com- Got Game? Win Bitcoins!

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:28:47 AM

Oh and I just want to say that Amir sotle my idea between 39-41 in this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNfBgwbqng&feature=player_detailpage#t=3730s Undecided
Well not really but still I think that could help me. Grin

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
nereer

Activity: 84

Why settle for the lesser evil?

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 10:40:08 AM

Oh and I just want to say that Amir sotle my idea between 39-41 in this video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwNfBgwbqng&feature=player_detailpage#t=3730s Undecided

I'm fairly sure the idea has been knocking around for a while now.

Ideas are easy = it's the doing them that counts.

Good luck with your plans Smiley I will certainly be taking part.

If you agree that Bitcoin needs a dedicated Q & A site please sign up for the Bitcoin StackExchange site!
SleepMachine

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:06:21 PM

And I got the idea from him. Grin
I'm seriously thinking about making a similar site. With the difference that the focus isn't really on tournaments, but other types of competitive gaming.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 10:19:06 PM

I honestly don't see enough market for 2 of such websites to be honest. The use of BTC is just not there to suport 2 hardcore gaming sites.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2011, 11:45:04 PM

I will be building and gettting an operating(albeit very hacked together) site up in a week. I will start selling shares in a few days, although I am not sure how due to the challenge of glbse.com.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 12:07:44 AM

I honestly don't see enough market for 2 of such websites to be honest. The use of BTC is just not there to suport 2 hardcore gaming sites.
Of course you don't - you don't want a competitor!
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Ah you got me. No, jk but the problem is that bitcoin is more widely excepted by the techy subculture and not the gamers. I mean yes they are somewhat intertwined but not completly.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 02:52:56 AM

Ah you got me. No, jk but the problem is that bitcoin is more widely excepted by the techy subculture and not the gamers. I mean yes they are somewhat intertwined but not completly.
That might be true, but competition is always good for the marketplace.  It inspires innovation and ensures efficiency.  Granted, there could be a downside for you, but may the better site win!
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 03:27:28 AM

I just better get my act together on creating the site. I haven't had any time to work on it in the past few days, with a feild trip, research paper(with a page all about bitcoins Grin), and a new 5830 to overclock(ya, for 1Ghz core clock) and such.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 09:23:46 PM

I am looking for a relliable webhost acepting bitcoins, any sugestions?
The web host must allow cpanel, and it would be a good thing if it offered an aditional domain name with hosting. The current host I am using has fine hosting, but I am getting mad at slow Cpanel loading. I also would like to suport the bitcoin economy. Grin
The website is in planning, and I am offering a 5 BTC contract to whoever can make me a plugin.(pm me for more details)
I will begin the selling of stocks as soon as I have the majority of the website functional.
If you have any questions or comments, please post.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 09:26:08 PM

I am looking for a relliable webhost acepting bitcoins, any sugestions?
The web host must allow cpanel, and it would be a good thing if it offered an aditional domain name with hosting. The current host I am using has fine hosting, but I am getting mad at slow Cpanel loading. I also would like to suport the bitcoin economy. Grin
The website is in planning, and I am offering a 5 BTC contract to whoever can make me a plugin.(pm me for more details)
I will begin the selling of stocks as soon as I have the majority of the website functional.
If you have any questions or comments, please post.
https://www.kalyhost.com/

Top right corner, change payment type to BTC.

Not affiliated - I believe this hosting service is owned by MagicalTux.
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 09:32:06 PM

Is it posible to pay by month with that host, or only by year. I currently am operating on only aprox. 2.5BTC. The contract offer I have up is offered because by the time the contract would be fufilled, I would have the full 5BTC to pay. I do  not have enough to pay the yearly fee yet, but I will be able to, it would just be nice to pay the first month and then buy a year.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:23:12 PM

I do not believe so, but you could ask.
TehZomB

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:30:43 PM

Add League of Legends.  It's a free game thats taken the gaming industry by storm.  Theres a lot of tournaments that are just starting to pop up for it and this would be a great start for the game and for bitcoins.  
I would participate faceroll.

yes, that's a challenge
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:35:02 PM

Add League of Legends.  It's a free game thats taken the gaming industry by storm.  Theres a lot of tournaments that are just starting to pop up for it and this would be a great start for the game and for bitcoins.  
I would participate faceroll.

yes, that's a challenge

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:45:56 PM

Okay, lol Cheesy.
But back on topic, I think the first tournament will have a poll to decide what game it will be.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 10:30:50 PM

I ust wanted to post, that tonight I will begin selling shares at .25 BTC each. There will be a 110 shares avaliabe for sale, while there will be in exsitence 300 shares. I will keep a majority ownership(159 shares, my initial backer will receive 31 shares) in the company, until I feel safe enough to reduce my ownership in the company. The sale of stocks will initialy pay for a new webhost(my current host is unreliable) and for a developer to write a plugin that will allow for more automated payments and tournauments. The stocks will be sold on GLBSE under the ticker UBIT.

If you are wondering why bother investing, there is multiple reasons. First of all you will be payed quarterly dividends(more details later). In addition, stockholders will be able to vote on stockholder resolutions.

I will post on this thread when the stocks become avaliable. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

nereer

Activity: 84

Why settle for the lesser evil?

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 11:43:51 PM

so you are valuing bitcointournament at .25 BTC x 300 = 75btc = $7.39 x 75 = ~$554
that seems believable

how much work has been done?

what kind of timeframe before you start public beta?

Is the developer full time or is he doing this in his spare time?

cheers and good luck Smiley

If you agree that Bitcoin needs a dedicated Q & A site please sign up for the Bitcoin StackExchange site!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: