Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:32:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [Resolved] Please ignore this poll and thread.
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Resolved] Tradehill.  (Read 3303 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:17:49 PM

Don't shout!

Sorry!

Should TH's customers wait until the whole court case with Dwolla is resolves , even if takes 10 years ?

In a perfect world? No. In a realistic world, they can, will and do on a regular basis. When paypal robbed me of nearly $20k, I had to wait for the class action suit to finish before I got paid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 08:56:57 PM

My father taught me a valuable lesson when I was in my early teens. My mother screwed up all his finances and spent his money before she filed for divorce. Long story short, his business folded and he sold off everything he had to pay his debts (vehicles, house, deer camp, bobbles, tools, trailers, materials, guns, reloading equipment, some of it sentimental in value, and pretty much everything butn the clothes off his back), to make sure everyone he owed money to got paid. He then rented a 1 room apartment, working 3 jobs for 8 years to recoup. He didnt take the road of bankruptcy. He did the responsible thing. The right thing. He then rebuilt his busienss and its thriving to this day, and to this day he has virtually the same creditors who work with him knowing this man is absolutely no risk.

Was it his creditors fault that Mom was a whore, spent everything, then divorced him? Not at all but he saw it as his personal responsibility, and everyone got every penny on the dollar of what he owed them.

Thats what a good and decent human being does when the end comes and thats the criteria by which I judge cases such as this.

Now if Jered pays everyone every penny of the fund they trusted him with...fine. Good man.

If not, and until then ... scammer ... either intentional or not makes little difference when your actions or inaction causes food to be pulled from the mouths of your customers and their families.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 09:13:53 PM

If not, and until then ... scammer ... either intentional or not makes little difference when your actions or inaction causes food to be pulled from the mouths of your customers and their families.

I do not agree.  If Jered had spent customer money on salaries and expenses that would be a different matter.  From the looks of it he did not, in fact he was (marginally) profitable.  He did not knowingly risk customer money either, he had it in places like banks and Dwolla that promised (in writing) no chargeback/theft risk.  His company is the one that spotted the Dwolla problems, and pointed them out to Dwolla. 

Dwolla (and the scammers who stole from Dwolla) are the ones that have the money.  That does not absolve Jered of all responsibility but you can not call him a scammer.  There is no intent and in this case there really was not error or incompetence either. 

Car analogy......  Jered was driving down the road in a safe quality car with your cargo....   and a meteor hit the truck and destroyed your stuff. 

On top of that he is trying to get the funds back.  I would be mad too if I were you.  It was your money.  And it sucks. 

tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:42:00 PM

My father taught me a valuable lesson when I was in my early teens. My mother screwed up all his finances and spent his money before she filed for divorce. Long story short, his business folded and he sold off everything he had to pay his debts (vehicles, house, deer camp, bobbles, tools, trailers, materials, guns, reloading equipment, some of it sentimental in value, and pretty much everything butn the clothes off his back), to make sure everyone he owed money to got paid. He then rented a 1 room apartment, working 3 jobs for 8 years to recoup. He didnt take the road of bankruptcy. He did the responsible thing. The right thing. He then rebuilt his busienss and its thriving to this day, and to this day he has virtually the same creditors who work with him knowing this man is absolutely no risk.

Was it his creditors fault that Mom was a whore, spent everything, then divorced him? Not at all but he saw it as his personal responsibility, and everyone got every penny on the dollar of what he owed them.

Thats what a good and decent human being does when the end comes and thats the criteria by which I judge cases such as this.

Now if Jered pays everyone every penny of the fund they trusted him with...fine. Good man.

Integrity and honor: that is what your father has that Jered lacks.  Baffling that so many on this forum don't see that.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:51:00 AM

It seems to me that Jered is moving through these requests at a reasonable rate. Until that changes, the scammer tag will not be used.

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 08:57:00 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2012, 03:28:56 PM by Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Didn't see this post until just now.

Deego, my apologies on taking the time to pay your brother. I sent the funds this morning and you've acknowledged receipt.
I let the email go to the bottom of the queue and worked back up to it. If you could change the thread title that would be great.

I've sent a lot of money out. I'm manually processing a lot of requests. Not everyone that wants their money posts on this forum.
I've gone as far as purchasing products online with client's Bitcoin balances via my personal debit card and then mailing their products to Europe to close them out.
For every person that complains I get a lot of emails from other clients telling me how happy they are.

Do I have everyone's money? Yes
Is it going as fast as I would like? Hell no.
Am I working on something else simultaneously to feed myself? Yes
Am I paying out from my personal bank account if if need to when I could run off? Yes
To be honest I haven't made $1 off of TradeHill and I've invested a year / a lot of my own cash.

I'll probably regret this but my personal cell number is (415) 409-9867.
Send me a text ( I don't answer unknown numbers) if I still owe you. If you want to talk text me and I'll call you back.
I'm about as public as you can get on this. I don't know anyone else holding funds that is as willing to step out and be held accountable. Mark from Gox can post his cell if he wants.
Charlie (Yankee) from Bitinstant is very public but it's a different business as he doesn't hold your funds.

If I come out and say "I don't have your money, sorry" then call scammer if you like. I'm not saying that. The money is flowing and of the millions of dollars that I was holding 98% give or take has been paid back.
If I were a scammer I would have ran off long ago when I had millions of dollars in our bank accounts and not thousands, not even mentioning the Bitcoins.

I live in San Francisco. Send me a text at the above number if you're in town and I'm happy to meet in person. I've been involved with Bitcoin since before it had a recognizable value and I'm in this to see it succeed.
I believe in Bitcoin and the last thing it needs is another major player being called a scammer prematurely.

Regarding Dwolla: I'm not going to speak a lot about it. My lawyers have essentially said "keep your mouth shut" additionally my mother taught me: "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything else at all". I'm going to listen to both of them.  I think everyone is aware of our lawsuit and it can be viewed publicly.  I want to make it clear I'm not waiting on that to return funds.

Almost everyone has gotten all of their funds back and the rest are coming.  Contact me if I don't contact you today (April 24th).

It's been a pleasure (most of the time) and I'm glad to have played my part in Bitcoin. I'd like to wrap this up and move on to new things (within Bitcoin).

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 09:14:03 AM

I let the email go to the bottom of the queue and worked back up to it. If you could change the thread title that would be great.

-Jered

Hi Jered.

Yes, my own issues are now resolved. Thanks. Per your request. I will be glad to delete the thread, or change the title. May I request you to resolve the 4 other posters' posts mentioned in the OP who have been trying to contact you for months?
Can those 4-5 posters who are waiting - can you please confirm that your funds are processed?
Thanks.

I've addressed them on the threads. I think one acknowledged receipt. 2 of them are the same person and my bank said they sent the funds out. I'm verifying with them tomorrow.
If it's not taken care of I'll spend more time on the forum and check in.

Glad we got you resolved. We've done a hell of a lot of business directly and this isn't how it should end (or pause).

-Jered

P.S. thanks for updating the title or deleting.

moneyandtech.com
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 09:53:32 AM

Sorry man. Until the last person gets their money/btc, he's a scammer.

If she floats, she's a witch.
Haha +1 to that brother. I am glad I don't deal with other peoples money on a regular basis. Sheesh!

Yeah. I'm glad I don't hold funds too. Sounds messy.

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 07:27:41 AM

Jered, when this all blows over and you're still around, would you be happy to write a "Lessons Learnt" thread? I bet there is a tonne of knowledge that others could benefit from, not necessarily from a technical POV, but general stuff for the 100s of people starting new businesses who maybe have never experienced failure/or don't know how to deal with failure properly.

I really do appreciate the concern and criticism.

Regarding Ababa:
I've got the Bitcoins loaded and ready to go out just waiting for him to confirm the address. He can do it here if he likes.

Regarding Niyum:
My bank is telling me that he was paid correctly on time.
I've requested additional information from the bank which takes time for them to research. I can't just login and pull it up myself. One of the biggest downsides to wires.
I've seen receiving banks fail to credit for no real reason and my bank confirming that it's been sent. Deego himself can attest to this as it's happened with him.

Regarding Omehenk:
The bank didn't send his wire the first time and didn't tell me either. It's on it's way now and hopefully will show in a few hours.

Regarding the few hundred other people I sent USD / EUR or BTC to this week:
They're all happy and got their funds without a hitch.

I'm going to begin blogging soon. I'd have started earlier if I had more time.
There's a lot that I'd like to write about. I wouldn't say a lessons learned is out of the question.

Other than grabbing a domain name and contemplating different ideas, TradeHill and it's shutdown at this point is still the focus.
I'm hoping after this week it will be a very small amount of time that I need to devote to pulling records and sending funds out.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: