Bitcoin Forum
December 03, 2016, 03:37:26 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: [Resolved] Please ignore this poll and thread.
Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Resolved] Tradehill.  (Read 2951 times)
deego
Donator

Activity: 317

1MCoX64q6ks2Fvx8wybGYonfvEoTPpMhhR

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 10:45:51 PM

UPDATE: Resolved. Please ignore this thread.

Only after sh** hits the fan, after a month of requests, does Jered periodically come out of the woods, pays one or two guys, and disappears.

This is the latest unpaid:

[EDIT: Mean this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77232.msg858244#msg858244 ]

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75291.msg861796#msg861796

Here's more:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75291.0;all

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75300.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75708.0

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deego
Donator

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 10:48:48 PM

These seem to be the currently unsettled claims that get no replies from Tradehill.

ababa - claiming owed: substantial USD
omehenk - claiming owed: ?
jammie - claiming owed:  ?
Deafboy - claiming owed: ?
niyum - claiming owed: 4000 USD
deego's brother: owed 45 btc.

In my brother's case above, no reply at all, to multiple requests via email and skype. Not even an ack. of the request.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 1988

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 11:34:47 PM

Step #15

Decide which legal entity this claim is against?  Jered or Tradehill?

- http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_name_srch_inq.show_detl?p_be_rsn=1525974&p_srce=BR_INQ&p_print=FALSE

(Step 1 was talk to a lawyer, by the way.  They'll know the correct steps to follow.)

deego
Donator

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 11:39:35 PM

nice find!

deego
Donator

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 12:31:50 AM

Jered writes:

I'm not actually working on a new project yet.

I'm not going to devote myself to a new project until this is taking up less than an hour of my time per day which should be soon enough.

I find all that a bit hard to believe.

Jered claims to be spending more than an hour a day on this. There are 10 or so people with unclaimed on the forums. Jered, it won't take you more than 10-20 minutes to at least acknowlege their requests.

Apparently, Jered is too busy to even acknowlege a single one of their numerous requests sent via email, skype, and forum PM,  while claiming to spend more than 1 hour a day on this stuff?

Apparently, he isn't spending time on a new project yet - because he's too busy taking care of tradehill stuff - then why not reply - even once - to people asking for their money? After numerous skype messages, his  reply completely ignored  my money-related request, and the reply actually insinuated that he's very busy starting a new bitcoin project involving a 41-bedroom house in SF that will house numerous programmers for bitcoin.

How can you have any credibility with a new project when you can't bother even *acknowleging* people's requests to pay back their money?

R-

Activity: 238

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 12:49:16 AM

Here's is good on his word.

He is resolving cases one at a time in a professional fashion.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76001.0
deego
Donator

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 12:53:11 AM

Here's is good on his word.

He is resolving cases one at a time in a professional fashion.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76001.0

Yes, that case resolved /after/ 2 months, and /after/ I posted on the forum.

"I will mail your check out today". - actually happened 2 months later, after many reminders, and only when a forum post happened.

DILLIGAF

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 01:00:51 AM

"I will mail your check out today". - actually happened 2 months later, after many reminders, and only when a forum post happened.

Ah the "checks in the mail" yet another classic recycled for bitcoin.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1526

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 02:41:06 AM

You guys need to relax already.  Jered seems like he's doing the best to pay people back as best he can.  Be thankful that he's not pulling a Chris Mallick on you.

THIS SPOT FOR RENT* | GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:18:32 AM

You guys need to relax already.  Jered seems like he's doing the best to pay people back as best he can.  Be thankful that he's not pulling a Chris Mallick on you.
Or another shakaru  Wink

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:43:35 AM

Do you guys have any idea of the scale TradeHill was running at? They had at least several hundred thousand accounts, based on the referral codes I've seen. Now, imagine having to lay off your entire staff that was already overworked with the daily running of the business, and then having handle all of the payouts by yourself.

It could seriously take all year.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:46:31 AM

Do you guys have any idea of the scale TradeHill was running at? They had at least several hundred thousand accounts, based on the referral codes I've seen. Now, imagine having to lay off your entire staff that was already overworked with the daily running of the business, and then having handle all of the payouts by yourself.

It could seriously take all year.

Seconded.

Anyone who thinks a major exchange's laundry is done as easily as your own has never run a business before.

I also wonder if there are people here who somehow than that Jered operated Tradehill in his own name out of his garage or something. He technically could just file TRADEHILL for bankruptcy and be done with it.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:58:45 AM

Sorry man. Until the last person gets their money/btc, he's a scammer.

If she floats, she's a witch.

R-

Activity: 238

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 AM

Sorry man. Until the last person gets their money/btc, he's a scammer.

If she floats, she's a witch.
Haha +1 to that brother. I am glad I don't deal with other peoples money on a regular basis. Sheesh!
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:58:32 AM

lose your wallet, you're a scammer.
get scammed by dwolla? you must be a scammer
bank freezes your account... d'oh now you're a scammer.
dog eats your backups... oh shit you must be a scammer.

+1

I would only call scammer someone that deliberately tries to defraud someone else. Tradehill got screwed by Dwolla and the state/banks. He didn't defraud anyone.
He has done a good service to the bitcoin community AFAIK. The simple fact that he's trying to honor his debts also show he's an honest person.
I understand it's not nice at all to have your money stuck somewhere, but compared to what Jared lost, this "time lost" of yours is not that significant, IMHO.

18rZYyWcafwD86xvLrfuxWG5xEMMWUtVkL
Bitsinmyhead

Activity: 376

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 08:08:41 AM

Don't know much about this situation, but I just hope it does not end up like the shakaru situation.
If you are not aware of that it, he pretty much stole $20000, but because he promised to pay it all back, everyone thought he was such a good guy and no way he could be a scammer. By paying back 40BTC he was able to stay around and scam people out of several 100BTC more. Always coming up with amazing excuses...

Trade Bitcoin using credit card and with 4:1 leverage at plus500.
Sign up through: http://www.plus500.com/?id=67176&pl=2 for €25 free, or become an affiliate here: http://www.500affiliates.com/?id=67176
deego
Donator

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 10:59:09 AM

He offered a bunch of terms and conditions, as well as implied risks that the business might fail at some time. You accepted the deal, paid in Bitcoin, transaction complete.

This was not an investment in some scheme. User's funds in exchanges are not supposed to vanish just  because an exchange's own financial situation changes.

The only case where I can imagine something like the above logic applying is if the funds were stolen or got inadvertently lost. Bankruptcy is not one of them.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 11:04:08 AM

User's funds in exchanges are not supposed to vanish just  because an exchange's own financial situation changes.
You're selling lemonade. You take the customer's money, and a robber runs by and takes your lemonade and the customer's money. You have no money and no product so you have to shut down. The police know who the robber's friends are, but they say that they don't want to take responsibility. The lemonade stand is a victim of theft.

Who should pay?

If you said "the robber", you're right! And that's why Tradehill is going to court.

If you said "that dirty mother fucking lowlife lemonade stand owner" then you should stop breathing now.

deego
Donator

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 11:11:44 AM

If you said "that dirty mother fucking lowlife lemonade stand owner" then you should stop breathing now.

Did you see this:

"The only case where I can imagine something like the above logic applying is if the funds were stolen... "

I was replying to the bankruptcy argument above.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 11:22:55 AM

Did you see this:

"The only case where I can imagine something like the above logic applying is if the funds were stolen... "

I was replying to the bankruptcy argument above.

Sure! I should have clarified that I wasn't really directing it at you, but more at people in general for jumping into the lynch mob.

If people really want someone to lynch, they need to lynch their friends and family for making mtGox so big and making it a single point of failure in the bitcoin economy.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.