Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:58:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackwall Tunnel for those whose experience this nightmare  (Read 623 times)
spooderman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 02:09:31 PM

For drivers living in NE/SE London.

For a few decades now the blackwall tunnel has been insufficient. Basically every day for hours these things are backed up.

Government will never improve on this, and it will only get more congested.

Cyrpto-tunnel?

Crowd sourced?

I'm sure this is a win.

I don't have the time to organise it though what I suggest to someone reading this is:

Go speak to the private company that made the Dartford tunnel. Find out what they did, where they went wrong, where they made good judgements.

Get backing.

Advertise.

This is something people want massively.

Find good locations for the mouths.

Come on - the cryptotunnel?? It's going to be the best thing ever.

Society doesn't scale.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spooderman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 02:13:20 PM

There are tens of thousands of commuters who need a better solution for getting across the river.

The idea is that they will pay either a subscription or a fee to use our crowd funded tunnel.

Should cost....let's say £100m to do.

It seems absurdly unlikely to happen, but it's also desired SO MUCH by everyone who has spent weeks of their lives sitting on the A12. Or anyone that needs to go to south London on a Saturday night (Sunday morning).

Tunnels are paid for by us anyway. This time it can be paid for by:

A. People that want it.
B. People who think they can get a good return on their investment.

Society doesn't scale.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: