Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:57:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (OFFICIAL COMMUNITY TAKEOVER) VorteX (VTX) - X13 POW/POS  (Read 17889 times)
Francecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 05:16:50 PM

Do you really think a realistic price for a 280.000 coin is 2k sat guys?

Now that it has a great dev at work, 100k sat is a realistic target. That's x50 from there  Smiley

Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 05:19:23 PM

Are you guys for a rename of the coin by the way?

I would like to see something shorter and more catchy, maybe we can start brainstorming about it on the thread while the other good news are on their way.

What about : VirtualCurrencyX (VCX)

danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:35:59 PM

Rename: definitely.  Not sure about virtual currency x, sounds a bit generic. 

Everyone should suggest a new name.
Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 06:14:36 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 07:00:01 PM by Francecrypto

Exactly, everyone should suggest a new name and we'll see if something nice shows up

The question is, do we change it completely or do we keep the two old main letters : V and X in the new name?

I'm for changing it completely, it will erase the old coin fully and be easier to find a new name.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 07:28:12 PM

I'm for changing it completely, it will erase the old coin fully and be easier to find a new name.

Why not start a new coin with a clean block chain then ? Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:16:58 PM

That's honestly the best idea... For those that have been wondering, we will not be listing this coin because of inconsistencies found in the code base.  I want to make this very clear, this is not sfrdevs doing... this was before he came on board.  To clarify, we contracted a trusted dev, Earlz, to help look at the code base and these are some of our findings.

VXX looks to be purposefully malicious coin, most likely designed to scam users for a quick buck.

The source code has been changed sometime recently to cover some of the tracks of the exploit contained within it. Thus, this is why if you compile the coin from source today, it won't sync with the binary wallets. On the github, you'll notice the code was created on August 7th. however, the code was released on the 6th. Pools/Exchanges that downloaded this code on day 1 probably have different code from the code that is currently uploaded.

The exact exploit is similar to MagicCoin. Basically, when miners mine a new block, there is no rule enforcing that they are mining the correct amount of coins. They can mine however many coins they wish.

Along with this exploit, there were some malicious changes which attempted to hide this exploit. Basically, it'd show every block mined as only having mined 100 coins, along with every transaction. This caused some block explorers to show incorrect data, along with the RPC interface.

-     result.push_back(Pair("mint", ValueFromAmount(blockindex->nMint)));
+    result.push_back(Pair("mint", 100));
-     out.push_back(Pair("value", ValueFromAmount(txout.nValue)));
+    out.push_back(Pair("value", 100));

I've spoken to SFR dev who assures me he is fixing these problems, but due to the way the coin was launched and the lack of trust I personally have with the state of the blockchain, I highly doubt we will be listing the coin.

thanks,
Richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
topcat363

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:32:37 PM

well what happens to the money we invested w vvxx???

danonthehill

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:52:09 PM

Official statement please.
danonthehill

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:53:00 PM

Being discussed on freenode IRC #vvxxcoin
topcat363

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:14:19 PM

come on lets make this work im pretty heavily invested plus we are in great hands

earlz

Activity: 439

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 09:19:34 PM

If you want to dig into the technical details of the exploits and problems with this coin, you can also read my full technical review https://github.com/Earlz/coinreviews/blob/master/vvxx.txt. I was able to review the historical blockchain by removing the coinbase check, and this issue was very heavily exploited.

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
defcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:31:41 PM

Oh... of course. I urge you check out this quick video that will demonstrate what exactly has happened to the money you invested in this great coin.

http://youtu.be/-DT7bX-B1Mg
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:38:03 PM

jdaugherty

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:54:34 PM

the answer to this question depends on if you got crypto investors insurance.
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:57:53 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 01:34:22 AM by CryptoMan2014

the answer to this question depends on if you got crypto investors insurance.
True and I heared they give a discount to newbies, thank God for crypto investors insurance Smiley
eterna156

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:16:13 AM

Totally forgot to sign up for that. Now I'm butt hurt
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:49:41 AM

I've spoken to SFR dev who assures me he is fixing these problems, but due to the way the coin was launched and the lack of trust I personally have with the state of the blockchain, I highly doubt we will be listing the coin.

thanks,
Richie@bittrex

That makes perfect sense.

A coin with identified problems which are being fixed by a reputable dev:  Will NOT be listed by Bittrex.

Coin with an unknown dev who will immediately dump and run: Happily WILL be listed by Bittrex.

You guys are some real geniuses over there. Top-notch at running a business.
soaples

Activity: 152

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:18:16 AM

Oh.That mean bittrex will not list VVXX ...I know why people dump their coin so hurry..
saffroncoin

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:07:03 AM

That's honestly the best idea... For those that have been wondering, we will not be listing this coin because of inconsistencies found in the code base.  I want to make this very clear, this is not sfrdevs doing... this was before he came on board.  To clarify, we contracted a trusted dev, Earlz, to help look at the code base and these are some of our findings.

VXX looks to be purposefully malicious coin, most likely designed to scam users for a quick buck.

The source code has been changed sometime recently to cover some of the tracks of the exploit contained within it. Thus, this is why if you compile the coin from source today, it won't sync with the binary wallets. On the github, you'll notice the code was created on August 7th. however, the code was released on the 6th. Pools/Exchanges that downloaded this code on day 1 probably have different code from the code that is currently uploaded.

The exact exploit is similar to MagicCoin. Basically, when miners mine a new block, there is no rule enforcing that they are mining the correct amount of coins. They can mine however many coins they wish.

Along with this exploit, there were some malicious changes which attempted to hide this exploit. Basically, it'd show every block mined as only having mined 100 coins, along with every transaction. This caused some block explorers to show incorrect data, along with the RPC interface.

-     result.push_back(Pair("mint", ValueFromAmount(blockindex->nMint)));
+    result.push_back(Pair("mint", 100));
-     out.push_back(Pair("value", ValueFromAmount(txout.nValue)));
+    out.push_back(Pair("value", 100));

thanks,
Richie@bittrex

Yes this coin had some serious malicious code in it. Which explains that big dump where someone had 1/3 of supply. After checking the scam code Richie pointed out, this coin dev was indeed looking for a quick buck. The scam code was added after the release and after c-cex added it to their exchange.
So initially it looked legit.
I am frustrated with this shitty scam and just feel like i have wasted a lot of my time. Most of u put money just because of my name. If i back out, you might lose ur money. So just because of that reason, i am trying to fix the code. I have already fixed a few bits. I have requested Earlz who analyzed this code to help me in cleaning the scam code.

If he obliges and we are able to clean everything well, we can get this back on track.
andrealandia
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:07:14 AM

if dev resolve the problem, bittrex can list the coin!
@Saffro, you're the best!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: