Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:57:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zues Lightning and new ZuesMiner Gen 3 chips  (Read 1464 times)
biranb (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:11:56 PM

Just wanted to see if anyone was considering upgrading their Zues lightning hardware with the Gen 3 chips?

https://zeusminer.com/product/zeusminer-lightning-gen-iii-chip-blade-plus-8/

Looks very appealing but concerned if it needs more Watts then my PSU supports which is 1200W

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 05:27:07 PM

Hate to be that guy, but how do you keep spelling it Zues when it says Zeus right on the link you posted?

Hate to be the spelling nazi, but not once or twice, you mispelled Zeus three times!   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:33:14 PM

Absolutely not.  Let's just say I spent a significant amount of BTC to order the batch 1 Lightnings, which were a colossal failure in regards to hashrate and energy consumption.  Later I also upgraded to Thunder X3s through the customer appreciation deal, which were slightly better but still missed the mark.  

Anyone ordering the upgrade blades will be similarly screwed, the power requirements still f'n suck and by the time they ship, the difficulty will be sky high due to KnC, Alpha, and all the other ASIC companies shipping competing scrypt systems.  Nobody is making or will make any money with Zeus hardware.

raskill

Activity: 167
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:31:39 PM

Absolutely not.  Let's just say I spent a significant amount of BTC to order the batch 1 Lightnings, which were a colossal failure in regards to hashrate and energy consumption.  Later I also upgraded to Thunder X3s through the customer appreciation deal, which were slightly better but still missed the mark.  

Anyone ordering the upgrade blades will be similarly screwed, the power requirements still f'n suck and by the time they ship, the difficulty will be sky high due to KnC, Alpha, and all the other ASIC companies shipping competing scrypt systems.  Nobody is making or will make any money with Zeus hardware.

[I am an owner of a black widow and a thunderx3. I can tell you that ROI is not going to happen at all. Having to wait until the end of the year to receive the upgrade in my opinion would be another failure in ROI. The downward spiral  in Bitcoin's value has me thinking most currencies are doomed shortly. ]
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 10:20:31 PM

Its probably weird to mention but why would you invest money in replacing the whole blade in your current hardware if current target shipping date is the end of Q4 2014? This means that at very best it will be delivered till January/later December assuming that it doesn't slip by a few months, which has happened so many times with ASICs that it hardly bears mention at this point

jminer85

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 10:03:27 PM

does anyone know if and where I can still get gen 3 blades for my zues?
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:33:06 PM

Still listed on their site tells you how quickly they jumped ship.  They turned their gen 3 attention to cloudhashing.  These were and never will see light of day.
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:27:39 AM

ZeusMiner was supposed to produce their Gen3 chips under the Volcano, but from what I remember, they scrapped the whole project due to ROI concerns. If I am not mistaken, ZeusMiner offered their customers the option for a refund or a discounted conversion to their ZeusHash cloud mining. Unfortunately, only KnC and AlcheMiner ever released a Gen3 chip and nobody, as far as I know, has put forth a viable candidate for a Gen4 chip.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:48:58 AM

Zeus was never particularly competative, though unlike some folks they actually did (eventually) deliver some product.

The last project they were involved in, AFAIK, was making part of the Innosilicon Farmboy gear under contract to Innosilicon.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: