Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:54:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoiners Anonymous  (Read 1464 times)
gigabytecoin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 01:55:07 AM

So I have spent almost 48 full hours logged into and participating in this forum since I discovered bitcoin around mid march of 2011. Although I feel as though the forum's counter is slightly off, probably under valued!

I can't seem to get enough of Bitcoin.

I try to tell myself "it's ok, you can take a break and watch some tv now or have a drink" - but I don't, which is odd.

Anybody else experiencing these addictive properties of Bitcoin?

I fear that I might start experiencing withdrawal symptoms or something if this forum ever gets DDOS'd!  Lips sealed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 02:04:31 AM

So I have spent almost 48 full hours logged into and participating in this forum since I discovered bitcoin around mid march of 2011. Although I feel as though the forum's counter is slightly off, probably under valued!

I can't seem to get enough of Bitcoin.

I try to tell myself "it's ok, you can take a break and watch some tv now or have a drink" - but I don't, which is odd.

Anybody else experiencing these addictive properties of Bitcoin?

I fear that I might start experiencing withdrawal symptoms or something if this forum ever gets DDOS'd!  Lips sealed

Yes. I think if the forum goes offline for a while, I might actually get to enjoy the outdoors!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 02:16:53 AM

I spent 73 days on the forum.

mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 02:36:35 AM

Last time I took a few hours break from Bitcoin, I came back to find it's value jump from $3 to nearly $4.
Watching Bitcoin is so exciting for the opportunities and potential it holds.
I can't afford to miss events that are going to change the world
Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 03:26:14 AM

For those of us mining, watching Bitcoin just got a lot more boring as the difficulty jumped 44% today.  That puts my rate of block generation around two days per block (4 Ghash/s).  Oh well, time to start building Bitcoin businesses.  It is exciting watching all the new users pour into the forum.  Some of them are quite talented and are making great contributions.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 03:40:49 AM

For those of us mining, watching Bitcoin just got a lot more boring as the difficulty jumped 44% today.  That puts my rate of block generation around two days per block (4 Ghash/s).  Oh well, time to start building Bitcoin businesses.  It is exciting watching all the new users pour into the forum.  Some of them are quite talented and are making great contributions.

You should start using the stock exchange then.
glbse.com

That's where the funs going to be happening next.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
mcdett

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 03:43:05 AM

Being an old miner (March 2010), and having a happy amount of btc I can say that this has become a new obsession in my life.

From a simple return on investment aspect I don't have anything performing like this.  Which means it gets my attention.  Being part of something new, and something with so much potential is exciting (helps that the cost of entry was so low for me).
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 04:00:51 AM

And here I am at 4:59am witnessing Bitcoin at $4.99

My name is mewantsbitcoins and I have a problem  Grin
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 04:12:04 AM

I think I may have a problem too. Shocked

My house is full of computers to the point where there is no room for me anymore. I'm living under a stack of empty video card boxes in my backyard. I've tapped into the high voltage lines above my house since I'm only wired for 200 amps but it's only a matter of time before the power company notices my partially melted/exposed wiring. When it rains my fillings tingle. I got rid of my stove and refrigerator to make room for more computers. I eat the animals that die after touching my makeshift power lines but birds and squirrels have become scarce in my area. The ones that still die are usually only partially cooked so I do the rest of my cooking over a set of quad 6990's. I think that the only thing that keeps me going these days is the sight of my BTC balance slowly rising but I only spend money on more computers, video cards and my 4 digit power bill. It's gotten so bad that I recently beat a kid to death for his gaming rig only to discover that it was "Powered by NVIDIA". I cried once I realized the ATI sticker on his case was there since his last upgrade. Now I can't look at an ATI sticker without seeing his cold, lifeless face staring back at me. My soul died that day.

just kidding
mcdett

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 04:14:32 AM

I think I may have a problem too. Shocked

My house is full of computers to the point where there is no room for me anymore. I'm living under a stack of empty video card boxes in my backyard. I've tapped into the high voltage lines above my house since I'm only wired for 200 amps but it's only a matter of time before the power company notices my partially melted/exposed wiring. When it rains my fillings tingle. I got rid of my stove and refrigerator to make room for more computers. I eat the animals that die after touching my makeshift power lines but birds and squirrels have become scarce in my area. The ones that still die are usually only partially cooked so I do the rest of my cooking over a set of quad 6990's. I think that the only thing that keeps me going these days is the sight of my BTC balance slowly rising but I only spend money on more computers, video cards and my 4 digit power bill. It's gotten so bad that I recently beat a kid to death for his gaming rig only to discover that it was "Powered by NVIDIA". I cried once I realized the ATI sticker on his case was there since his last upgrade. Now I can't look at an ATI sticker without seeing his cold, lifeless face staring back at me. My soul died that day.

just kidding

very well written :-)
joeydangerous

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 04:47:18 AM

I love bitcoin, I've been watching it grow since November and I hope someday to do most of my business in bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆