Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:04:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Macbook Pro 15" Retina 500GB SSD, 16GB Ram 2.6Ghz i7 for 4.53btc  (Read 3231 times)
MangoJ (OP)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

BTCRaven.com Escrow & Advertising

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 08:42:47 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 12:38:27 AM by MangoJ

Selling my nearly new MacBook Pro 15" with Retina display, 500GB SSD, 16GB ram, 2.6Ghz i7

It is this one:  http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.6-15-dual-graphics-late-2013-retina-display-specs.html

Craigslist is full of time wasting lowballers and Nigerian scammers.
eBay owns paypal and has fees.

I want to see if I can use Bitcoin for once in my life to the advantage of AVOIDING paypal and fees!

Escrow accepted!
Shipping in Original box OR with bigger box and more padding!
Charger, Apple logo stickers (unpeeled), papers etc included.

You pick the escrow!
Or local pickup!
Or whatever is safe and reasonable!

At the moment BTC is 481.81 USD = 1BTC
This is a 2700 laptop from Apple new, Plus 9.5% sales tax.
so make reasonable offers considering that the box was opened.
The box is not worth $1400, so don't offer $1300 for the laptop.
It has no scratches.

2000 USD = 4.51 BTC
2700 USD = 5.57 BTC
I understand offers will therefore be LESS than 5.57 BTC
Lets calculate shipping too.
You pay escrow fee.  (Most are 2% or less.  0% escrow sites are not trusted by me.)
Plus I have no idea where to cash my bitcoins now that mtgox stole everyones money and ran.

Offers?
BTC Exchange to cash sites?

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:53:20 PM

how many time this thing was charged? Battery life?
justbtcme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:06:05 PM

Ebay prices are around 1,200-1400 for similar specs

Can you match eBays price?
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 09:09:42 PM

Cycle Count 27
=)

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 09:13:55 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 09:26:27 PM by MangoJ

2.3Ghz is Similar to 2.6, and the 2011 model looks the same as the 2013.  They are not the same.
Auctions currently at $1400 with days remaining do not equal a $1400 valuation.
This is $2700 new.
Do you really think a $2700 laptop with an estimated current value of $2600 will sell for $1400 on ebay?

Can you show me a link for a MacBook Pro Model 11.3 "Macbookpro11,3" on ebay for those prices?
I doubt you have found the EXACT same model.  Similar specs are not equal specs.
Please verify the tech specs.

If for some reason you found such a price,
and it isn't you listing it low to trick me,
and there are many macbooks of this exact type and model for a great price,
then I will accept that reality and match that price PLUS shipping.
Fry's electronics does price match, but not for ebay and they do include shipping.

If the mac on ebay is broken, damaged, etc, of course that won't be acceptable.

Hit me with what you find!

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 09:20:36 PM

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.6-15-dual-graphics-late-2013-retina-display-specs.html
Look at that $2500 to $2700 estimated retail value as of today!
I might have to ebay this at a loss of paypal fees if this valuation is correct!

der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:24:35 PM

this is not true, maybe it is but then you get a brick in the box for $1400
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 09:29:03 PM

this is not true, maybe it is but then you get a brick in the box for $1400

Indeed "justBTCme" is incorrect.
This laptop is NOT on ebay for that price.  I checked.
This model A1398 does have a listing
"Apple MacBook Pro 15" Retina 2.7GHz 16GB, 512GB SS - Model A1398 EMC2673

$1,475.00
    4 bids

1d 2h left "

But that has OVER a full day on it.
People bid highest in the last ten minutes.
That listing is not even finished.

Buy-it-now
or
Concluded auction listings for EXACTLY the same mac are the only matches acceptable.
Just like price match at an electronics store, you have to keep it real.

Thank you der_troll

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:42:02 PM

Any $2300 offers for this $2700+9.5% taxed Macbook Pro?

hayseed

Activity: 240

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:32:01 AM

If it has warranty left that would be a major plus and should be listed. You would need to provide the serial number
so it can be checked.
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:15:32 AM

Can you provide the serial number so I can confirm your claim that it is nearly brand new?  It's true the box isn't worth 1300 dollars but guarantee that it is in mint condition, fully functional, not stolen, and covered under warranty is worth quite a bit. 
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 08:12:04 PM

If it has warranty left that would be a major plus and should be listed. You would need to provide the serial number
so it can be checked.
Extended AppleCare warranty was not purchased at time of sale.  That would have been $300 if I remember correctly, and it was already a lot of money.  I have never had a Mac die on me so I opted out of paying extra for Apple Care.

hayseed

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:20:07 PM

so it can be checked.
Extended AppleCare warranty was not purchased at time of sale.  That would have been $300 if I remember correctly, and it was already a lot of money.  I have never had a Mac die on me so I opted out of paying extra for Apple Care.

If it is within 1 year  of purchase date it can still be added. You stated it was nearly new. That means a purchase within 6 months or less.

So it is either "nearly new" and thus still eligible or its over a year old and thus it is not "nearly new".

So which way is it ?
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:09:10 PM

Can you provide the serial number so I can confirm your claim that it is nearly brand new?  It's true the box isn't worth 1300 dollars but guarantee that it is in mint condition, fully functional, not stolen, and covered under warranty is worth quite a bit. 

I am offering escrow of your choice , therefore you would have an inspection period.
If it was not in the condition I described in writing on this thread, or if it was anything less than FULLY functional you would naturally dispute the escrow and I would not get paid.
If I sent a broken, busted, dented, mangled, damaged, stolen, messed up machine, I wouldn't get paid, my reputation on this bitcoin forum (the ONLY bitcoin forum that matters), and my bitcoin businesses linked to my name and reputation would ALL be screwed.

You can take it to an Apple store yourself to have them inspect it to ensure it is fully functional, NOT stolen, and warranty status.

I can post a bunch of photos later.

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:26:13 PM

If it is within 1 year  of purchase date it can still be added. You stated it was nearly new. That means a purchase within 6 months or less.

So it is either "nearly new" and thus still eligible or its over a year old and thus it is not "nearly new".

So which way is it ?

I did not know a warranty could be added AFTER the fact.  So don't be an asshole with me.

For someone that likes to invent definitions words "nearly new" without looking them up...
allow me to look it up for you because I see you didn't bother looking this up even though I posted the link in the very first message on this thread.
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.6-15-dual-graphics-late-2013-retina-display-specs.html

And during my exhaustive efforts searching with a single click I find this model has:
an Introduction Date: October 22, 2013    
and a Discontinued Date:    July 29, 2014

I don't like to make up definitions so next I will look at a calender and notice that
because it is not October 22nd, 2014 this Macbook Model A1398 is therefore less than a year old.

Just like you, I didn't know something, and now we both learned something new today.
You learned it is better not to be an asshole.
And I learned that it might be possible to buy an extended warranty on a < 1 year old Mac.

hayseed

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:35:52 PM

If it is within 1 year  of purchase date it can still be added. You stated it was nearly new. That means a purchase within 6 months or less.

So which way is it ?

I did not know a warranty could be added AFTER the fact.  So don't be an asshole with me.

For someone that likes to invent definitions words "nearly new" without looking them up...
allow me to look it up for you because I see you didn't bother looking this up even though I posted the link in the very first message on this thread.

And during my exhaustive efforts searching with a single click I find this model has:
an Introduction Date: October 22, 2013    
and a Discontinued Date:    July 29, 2014

I don't like to make up definitions so next I will look at a calender and notice that
because it is not October 22nd, 2014 this Macbook Model A1398 is therefore less than a year old.

Just like you, I didn't know something, and now we both learned something new today.
You learned it is better not to be an asshole.
And I learned that it might be possible to buy an extended warranty on a < 1 year old Mac.

You assumed I was referring to the model as being "Nearly New" and calling me an asshole.

I have worked on Macs since there were Mac's.

I have mactracker on my iPhone and Macbook Pro (mid 2014) and know fully well how to look up the model spec's to see its release/discontinue date.

I was referring to "Nearly New" as to when you "Purchased" it. Since that is what qualifies if you can still add the warranty which you can do up to 1 year from date of purchase even on refurb units bought from the Apple Store.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

That will tell you how much time is left on the warranty if you bought it from Apple. And as long as there is time left Applecare can be added.

Ill accept that apology now  Grin
hayseed

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:44:06 PM

FYI

When people buy that expensive notebook they don't want to add the extended warranty because they see it only as a one time expense. It is really divided by three. The cost for the first year of obtaining no question asked support, and the second and third years of what it would cost to be repaired (provided not user dropped etc).

It also greatly adds to the resale value.

For example, A 18 month old notebook with a remaining 18 months of warranty is worth way more than the one without.
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 09:10:44 PM

You assumed I was referring to the model as being "Nearly New" and calling me an asshole.

I have worked on Macs since there were Mac's.

I have mactracker on my iPhone and Macbook Pro (mid 2014) and know fully well how to look up the model spec's to see its release/discontinue date.

I was referring to "Nearly New" as to when you "Purchased" it. Since that is what qualifies if you can still add the warranty which you can do up to 1 year from date of purchase even on refurb units bought from the Apple Store.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

That will tell you how much time is left on the warranty if you bought it from Apple. And as long as there is time left Applecare can be added.

Ill accept that apology now  Grin

1)  I CORRECTLY stated (not assumed) that you were referring to my laptop's age.   
2)  I don't care that you have worked on Macs "since there were Mac's".  If that is true, it is just a claim.  I can claim that I worked on Apple's since their were Apple's and predate you!  Big deal.  *Flashes Apple IIe gang sign* ha
3)  If you know full well how to look up the models release/discontinue date, then why are you being an ASSHOLE and asking if it is eligible for extended AppleCare?  Shouldn't you be "full well" able to "look up the model spec's to see its release/discon date"?  Why are you talking shit to me like some interogation ass when you "full well" knew already?  Or are you just lying now to tell me how smart you are after I called you out for missing your information that was previously posted?  (Rhetorical question, no answer required, I am proving a point, you already lost, so no answer will be given any thought.)
4)  You were referring to my mac's purchase date?  No shit.  Can you travel back in time?  Because I cannot!
Therefore, asshole, it is impossible for this mac to be more than a year old.  So your rude asshole question was unjustified, and you got called out for it.
Regardless of when I purchased it, it is impossible for it to be over a year old.  Do I need to explain the math AGAIN for you?
5)  Nice link, I am realizing a pattern here with you.  You ignore information and previous posts. 
We already established what model the mac is,
so we know it was even not released over a year ago,
so we can correctly conclude that it is less than a year old mac,
so we can correctly conclude that there is time to add Applecare,
so we do not need your link, because we already have the specs and release date of this model.

6)  Why the fuck would I apologize to you?  You have wasted my time and I have had to act as your educator. 
You have been an asshole.
You don't pay attention to information.
You claim you know about Mac's and specs and how to look up release dates,
yet you continue to display ignorance to the release date, or to a basic understanding of Math.

Then you try to shift the focus to what you claim you mean by "nearly new".
I don't care how you define "nearly new"  6 months or less, or purchase dates, does not matter.
You cannot do math or look up specs, or understand any of this.  Why would I care how you define words at this point?
You yourself claimed that Applecare can be added within the first year of an Apple's Purchase.
You also claimed you know and are capable of finding the release date of this model, which I pointed out for you.
You failed to do the math after I did it for you, showing that it is less than a year old.
And you keep failing to understand that means it is eligible for extended AppleCare.
So why are you providing me links like I don't already know or haven't already shown you?

Are you going to ask me how much RAM and HD space it has next?

Now you want to tell me that buying more stuff like the warranty adds to resale value?
Again, I cannot go back in time.  How fucking stupid are you?  Why are you telling me useless information?
Clearly you are in your own dream world, dividing costs by 3 for no reason.

I don't know who you are, and I don't want to know, or care.
I don't know what world you live in where you can pay for your laptop in 3 payments over 3 years, but I dont want to know because you are a jerk, and you are stupid,  and you make shit up.

Please just fuck off.
I will now block you and hope someone else that is intelligent will ask about the laptop, who doesn't require math 101.

hayseed

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:22:54 PM

WOW what a rant.

You sure sound like a level headed person people should trust.

Maybe on your fourteenth birthday you will learn some manners.

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 11:50:23 PM

Since you have such a shitty attitude as a seller I feel obligated to comment..

So for those buying second hand and/or not living in a state with sales tax, glad you keep pointing it out like you are the center of the universe.. This laptop was retired months ago so there is no point saying what it could be purchased for new since that ship has sailed..

In any case they seem to be selling for a around 2K, still a very healthy number, for those looking for a slightly older model it may be a good deal depending on what you will accept..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:16:05 PM

Please just fuck off.
I will now block you and hope someone else that is intelligent will ask about the laptop, who doesn't require math 101.

I m inteligent jus like u.  I giv u $1500 for dis old lap-top, and pay u in BTC.  macs r da shit.

Is dis da same modul as urs?  http://store.apple.com/ca/product/G0PU1LL/A/refurbished-154-inch-macbook-pro-26ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display     
Urs must be more newer, since u ask more den Apple rite?

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 06:37:37 PM

Since you have such a shitty attitude as a seller I feel obligated to comment..

So for those buying second hand and/or not living in a state with sales tax, glad you keep pointing it out like you are the center of the universe.. This laptop was retired months ago so there is no point saying what it could be purchased for new since that ship has sailed..

In any case they seem to be selling for a around 2K, still a very healthy number, for those looking for a slightly older model it may be a good deal depending on what you will accept..

I am of course not charging tax.
I am not aware if most states have a sales tax, but I assume they do.
That has nothing to do with the universe or a fixed center point.  My pointing out tax does not imply any ego, just expressing the value of the laptop, not of myself or the universe.  Why are you being a dickhead?
The last guy was a complete douche bag for being rude and giving me an attitude while trying to explain things to me that I already covered, explained and posted about.  He didn't read the information and came off with an attitude, so I called him out for it.
If you didn't read everything, but noticed me being cross with him, perhaps you might consider why I would be upset with that person before you assume that I just randomly cuss out potential customers.  Why would I do that?

Estimated retail value has been confirmed higher than 2k.
Unless you find it on ebay, I will match any valid offers.

brian_23452

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:21:41 AM

Can you clarify exactly how old it is?  Originally you said it was almost new, but it is obviously not almost new if it is out of warranty and discontinued. 

Also, Apple itself is selling refurbished models same as this one for 1600 so obviously it isn't going to fetch over 2k.  What is your real price? 
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 12:29:37 AM

Can you clarify exactly how old it is?  Originally you said it was almost new, but it is obviously not almost new if it is out of warranty and discontinued.  

Also, Apple itself is selling refurbished models same as this one for 1600 so obviously it isn't going to fetch over 2k.  What is your real price?  

It is not out of warranty.  That is impossible for a mac less than a year old to be out of warranty.  Which was part of a huge debate with another guy on this thread.

Apple is not selling this one for 1600.  Not even as refurbished.  it is 2,289.00 refurbished.
Please verify your information, or provide a link and I will respectfully find the difference between my model and that 1600 model.

I have changed my price to 2150 due to the apple referb of 2,289.00.

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 12:34:12 AM

Please just fuck off.

I m inteligent jus like u.  I giv u $1500 for dis old lap-top, and pay u in BTC.  macs r da shit.

Is dis da same modul as urs?  http://store.apple.com/ca/product/G0PU1LL/A/refurbished-154-inch-macbook-pro-26ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display      
Urs must be more newer, since u ask more den Apple rite?

I was asking 2300.
Your Apple link is really good reseach at 2,289.00 Refurbished.
So I offer mine at $2150, not refurbished.

Good call, good find.  You should buy that Apple one before it is sold because it is "more newer" according to purchase date of when you buy it.

Mine however includes extra software if requested.   Tongue

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 01:11:53 AM

4.53btc is my new lowest offer

Finksy
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:34:23 AM

I was asking 2300.

Good call, good find.  You should buy that Apple one before it is sold because it is "more newer" according to purchase date of when you buy it.

Like a key-logger and Bitcoin wallet pre-installed?

Way more newer, bro. The Apple refurbs come with a 1 year warranty.  I think you're closer to the ballpark, but in general people will pay less on here in BTC than they would say on e-bay in fiat.  Most claim because it's "safer" to sell here (E-Bay M.B.G. and Paypal chargebacks I assume), which is ironic and laughable given the sheer volume of scams that happen here on the daily.

Since you couldn't see through my trolling, I'll just come out and say it.  You really need to get some thicker skin, you only hurt yourself when you let people get to you and you let it show. GLWS

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 02:41:56 AM

I was asking 2300.

Like a key-logger and Bitcoin wallet pre-installed?

Way more newer, bro. The Apple refurbs come with a 1 year warranty.  I think you're closer to the ballpark, but in general people will pay less on here in BTC than they would say on e-bay in fiat.  Most claim because it's "safer" to sell here (E-Bay M.B.G. and Paypal chargebacks I assume), which is ironic and laughable given the sheer volume of scams that happen here on the daily.

Since you couldn't see through my trolling, I'll just come out and say it.  You really need to get some thicker skin, you only hurt yourself when you let people get to you and you let it show. GLWS

I totally thought you typed like that for real, and I had NO clue you were fucking with me.  lol  (Sarcastic)
I was polite and you went from trolling to polite so that worked.

Funny, no the end user can format it.
If ebay sells for more with enough to cover fees, I will use ebay.
Chargebacks are not an issue for $1000+ price tagged physical items.
Anything $300 or less, or digitally delivered, and you are screwed on paypal.

brian_23452

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:48:57 AM

Can you clarify exactly how old it is?  Originally you said it was almost new, but it is obviously not almost new if it is out of warranty and discontinued.  

Also, Apple itself is selling refurbished models same as this one for 1600 so obviously it isn't going to fetch over 2k.  What is your real price?  

It is not out of warranty.  That is impossible for a mac less than a year old to be out of warranty.  Which was part of a huge debate with another guy on this thread.

Apple is not selling this one for 1600.  Not even as refurbished.  it is 2,289.00 refurbished.
Please verify your information, or provide a link and I will respectfully find the difference between my model and that 1600 model.

I don't understand why you can't just say exactly how old it is, instead of making me guess when you bought it, and guess if it is covered under warranty still (and eligible for apple care).  Why not just give an actual date?  TBH it makes me think you have something to hide when you won't give a serial number or even date purchased.

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:20:07 PM

I don't understand why you can't just say exactly how old it is, instead of making me guess when you bought it, and guess if it is covered under warranty still (and eligible for apple care).  Why not just give an actual date?  TBH it makes me think you have something to hide when you won't give a serial number or even date purchased.

It is not convenient for me to look at the Mac for the serial number, so I chose to answer the question myself that didn't require the serial number anyway.
I have explained 3 different times that it is under warranty because of it's age, as seen by the make and model.
If you think I have something to hide, then simply don't buy it.
You may have noticed how rude, sarcastic and generally unpleasant people have been with me, so my patients for customers on this thread is too short for me to bother with the effort required to travel to where my unused laptop is stored just to get a serial number so that you can calculate age information that is already available in the link I have provided two times from everymac.com.
As for the purchase date, why would I remember that?  Some people forget birthdays and anniversaries.  I don't remember the date I last had a cola drink.  Why would I remember such a thing?   Lucky for me, it doesn't matter because we have learned that a mac that is less than a year is under warranty and eligible for more.

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:25:25 PM

Can you clarify exactly how old it is?  Originally you said it was almost new, but it is obviously not almost new if it is out of warranty and discontinued. 

Also, Apple itself is selling refurbished models same as this one for 1600 so obviously it isn't going to fetch over 2k.  What is your real price? 

Also I do not bother with the effort because you are one of those low balling, unrealistic, trolls that thinks a 2700 laptop that sells for 2300 refurbished from Apple, is somehow 1600 from Apple.
So what is your real offer?

If we agree on a price (and I doubt it), and you put money in escrow, I will run to the laptop and take all the pictures you want, serial number, and even record video of an Apple store guy looking at it and giving it a thumbs up.  Just so you can confirm that it isn't a PC and is exactly what I already said it was.

But I am guessing this forum is not a friendly place for selling anything.
I'll take it elsewhere. 

brian_23452

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:08:29 AM

I'll take it elsewhere. 

It isn't a friendly selling place because you have been a dick to everyone that asked any questions.  I'll buy that you don't have the serial number in hand (though really, you could look up the exact model number but not the serial number right next to it???) but you don't even know when you got it? 
You don't know when you got it, you don't have any pictures, you're a dick to anyone who asks questions.  And you expect me to put the money in escrow and THEN you will provide details on the product and pictures?  I don't think so.

Incidentally, exact same product for 1650 buy it now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APPLE-MACBOOK-PRO-15-RET-CORE-I7-2-6GHZ-16GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-DVDRW-15-0-/121437216835?pt=Apple_Laptops&hash=item1c4638e043

Quick search of ebay shows numerous listings of your machine for around 1600ish with warranty.  You're right, I think I'll pass.
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:45:23 AM

Was gonna shop for a laptop, but dude you need to chill out. Undecided
MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:58:48 AM

Was gonna shop for a laptop, but dude you need to chill out. Undecided

Most (but not all) are so rude and hostile when I can't answer their questions.

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 03:11:08 AM

I'll take it elsewhere. 

It isn't a friendly selling place because you have been a dick to everyone that asked any questions.  I'll buy that you don't have the serial number in hand (though really, you could look up the exact model number but not the serial number right next to it???) but you don't even know when you got it? 
You don't know when you got it, you don't have any pictures, you're a dick to anyone who asks questions.  And you expect me to put the money in escrow and THEN you will provide details on the product and pictures?  I don't think so.

Incidentally, exact same product for 1650 buy it now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APPLE-MACBOOK-PRO-15-RET-CORE-I7-2-6GHZ-16GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-DVDRW-15-0-/121437216835?pt=Apple_Laptops&hash=item1c4638e043

Quick search of ebay shows numerous listings of your machine for around 1600ish with warranty.  You're right, I think I'll pass.

Can you quote me in anywhere being a "dick" to someone who didn't deserve it?

I didn't have to look up the model number.  I just went online to everymac.com and found it off the only model that matches the speed 2.6 and video memory 2GB, on a MBP with 15" retina.
See that is you hinting that I am a liar because you assume things and want to be hostile.

The serial number was not something I could find online or memorize.
Do you know when you got your last cellphone?  Because I don't.

I said I would take pictures, but so far all I get are people like you talking shit, complaining, and calling me a liar.  No real customers, so why would I bother?  You want to know what it looks like, use google.  They all look the same.

Again, chill out.
Take about 10 long deep breaths.
Relax.
Have a beer.
Maybe consider that I MIGHT actually have this laptop, and MIGHT not want to screw myself over and my online reputation, and I MIGHT not want to waste my time when this is all via YOUR choice of escrow anyway.
So maybe you can see I have a laptop for sale, but still think I am rude.
To "everyone" who asks a question?  honestly. 

If you look, I was rude while quoting someone who was rude to me and completely deserved being cussed out.
I am not a retail employee that has to tolerate the abuse of random strangers just because they pretend to be possible customers. 
When people are assholes with me, I will tell them they are assholes.

Are you suggesting I should have turned the other cheek, or that you would have just ignored it yourself?

No, you would cuss them out exactly as I did because they deserved it.

You were rude too, nearly calling me a liar because I dont have photos, serial number, and assuming I should have it because I found the model number.  Again, this is all info from online.
And again, you are not a customer so I am happy waiting for a buyer before I deal with photos.

Yes that does look like my mac for 1650 + 13.99
They have a high feedback ranking, with only one accusation of "This seller lying on their product and send it to default. is not relying,Beware"
4 neautrals,
I suspect something is wrong with that 1650 laptop because it is worth 2350 from Apple as refurbished.
So you found a lower price, and I will not lower my price that far.

Good luck with whatever you are trying to do.

Finksy
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:43:43 AM

MangoJ (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 06:24:27 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 06:39:28 AM by MangoJ

Frnsky
 I see a post and "This user is currently ignored."
You have been a completely rude, hostile, jerk of a person who is being very unpleasant.
So I will not read your abusive trolling anymore.
You tried your best to insult me, to create hostile arguments, shift the focus and alter the subject to manipulate your errors into something other than you being wrong.
You said you knew things, but wanted to argue about them anyway.
You ignored information I gave you and continued to badger me about it.
I really did mean it when I said, please fuck off.

We have both concluded that you are not trying to buy a laptop.
Please stop trolling.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: