Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:38:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Nanaimo Gold legit?  (Read 2751 times)
dannydreumes (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 02:40:33 PM

Does anyone know if Nanaimo Gold is legit? I've send money with Western Union almost 4 weeks ago, but I haven't received my bitcoins yet.
Meanwhile I've already tried to contact him twice about this problem but I haven't got any reply.
I hope I haven't got ripped off.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:49:59 PM

Not really sure, but one look at the website and...well...

In the future, best to ask if something is legit before sending money to it.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
mccorvic

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:32:56 PM

What's the mysterious '...well...' supposed to mean? Adds nothing to the OP's question.

I forgot that some are unable to read a statement and reach a conclusion base on the context of thread and post.  I shall try better.

REDUX:
Not really sure, but one look at the website and...well...it's very obvious that you should not have done what you did without further research as the website lacks very basic levels of professionalism.  If they weren't willing to spend 20mins on a web page, don't trust them with a wet noodle.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
mccorvic

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:47:10 PM

What's the mysterious '...well...' supposed to mean? Adds nothing to the OP's question.

I forgot that some are unable to read a statement and reach a conclusion base on the context of thread and post.  I shall try better.

REDUX:
Not really sure, but one look at the website and...well...it's very obvious that you should not have done what you did without further research as the website lacks very basic levels of professionalism.  If they weren't willing to spend 20mins on a web page, don't trust them with a wet noodle.

So? But he did, and stating the obvious is not helping either (just increasing your post count, but I guess that's the main purpose here).  

Incorrect, sir.  My post provided two very good pieces of help. He asked if it was legit and I gave him a very big clue indicating that it wasn't. Operational success!

Second, I have provided the OP with the tool of determining if any future exchange is legit by seeing if the website/portal passes a basic "sniff test".

Alas sir, I will not let you derail this thread any more. Good day!

Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 07:52:36 PM

I've contacted the guy behind the website before. He's apparently been in business for a long time. I cannot speak for whether or not he is a scam since I haven't done any business with him.

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 05:32:03 PM

Does anyone know if Nanaimo Gold is legit? I've send money with Western Union almost 4 weeks ago, but I haven't received my bitcoins yet.
Meanwhile I've already tried to contact him twice about this problem but I haven't got any reply.

The instructions and limitations are clearly defined. I will not accept third party payments. You are clearly trying to use me to obscure your involvement in crime.

The order you made is dated April 5. How is that 4 weeks ago? Scammers do like that.

From the WU website:
Current Status:    The money transfer is ready to be picked up at an Agent location in your Receiver's area.

I won't pick it up because it's fraudulent and you can't claim a refund from WU because you are not the sender. Eventually the mark will get his credit card bill and charge this back.

There is nothing else I can do.

Not really sure, but one look at the website and...well...it's very obvious that you should not have done what you did without further research as the website lacks very basic levels of professionalism.  If they weren't willing to spend 20mins on a web page, don't trust them with a wet noodle.

There is nothing wrong with the site. It's clearly laid out, functions as automatically as possible, is the longest existing digital currency trading website ever, has never been hacked and is by far the first to offer trading in bitcoin (since Dec '09) Nobody else even comes close to that longevity or reliability.

mccorvic, you are just trying to build your post count, and like so many of your "community" have no scruples against spreading malicious and black PR. Shame is on you.

Don't expect me to read any follow-up to this thread. I shun this forum.

sahana

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:06:09 AM

I did a whois search for Nanaimogold.com from WhoisXY.com and found owner details. It looks good. And i visited the site ScamAdViser.com it showed "High Trust Rating. This site looks safe to use."  So, that site is legit. You can use it.
xchanga.com

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 08:04:10 AM

again Nanaimo gold is the best to deal with.
good support and always fast transaction.

Bitcoins at rate 430 - 440 usd. www.xchanga.com Is d The Best Place to get Your Bitcoins. Try us & See the Difference.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: