Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Isobot Humanoid Robot  (Read 1477 times)
Glasswalker (OP)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 03:57:39 PM

Hey, my first time selling on the forums, but I am a respected member of the community (I'm the CEO of Bitcoin Syndicate, BTCSYN on GLBSE, www.btcsyn.com)

Anyway, I'm selling my Isobot robot, it's listed on bitcoinclassifieds at: http://www.bitcoinclassifieds.net/ad/1885_ISOBOT_Humanoid_Robot_great_condition_original_box_and_manuals/

I'm looking to get 45BTC for it.

I'll also consider a 1:1 trade for an Akai EWI USB (Electronic Wind Instrument).

Listing Details
This is the original TOMY ISOBot, a full function programmable humanoid robot.

It's just not getting the use that it deserves as I've been too busy with other things.

This includes the original box, manuals, reference sheets, the hex tool for adjusting the servos, 2 of the 3 original AAA rechargable batteries, the battery charger, and a brand new pack of 4 AAA rechargables. Plus the remote of course. It's all in perfect working condition, and just needs to go to a good home. On EBay these go for no less than $200, normally closer to $300.

Buyer pays actual shipping costs, to anywhere in the world (above actual listed price). Local pickup is an option and won't cost anything above the listed price.

Photos

Further ISOBot Information
The TOMY ISOBot is one of the smallest humanoid robots available. It's fully functional, and extremely flexible. It can do basic martial arts, dance, and do all kinds of advanced moves. This isn't a toy like the Robosapien, it has 17 high quality micro servos to control it's joints. It's capable of nearly the full range of movement as a human.

It's controlled via a remote control, and can be programmed.

Official Website
Official Website: http://www.isobotrobot.com
Has more info, pictures, demos, and video.

Technical Specs
-Robot Dimensions: 6.5" x 3.8" x 2.6"
-Approximately 12oz weight including batteries
-Runtime: 60minutes normal use per charge
-17 High Torque Micro Servos
-Built in Gyro Sensor
-Built in Speaker
-Built in Microphone and Voice Recognition Chip
-Packed with over 200 words and phrases, and 200 pre-programmed movements.
-Operates with Remote Control, Programmable Memory, or Voice Recognition

BattleDrome: Blockchain based Gladiator Combat for fun and profit!
http://www.battledrome.io/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nyaaan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 11:46:23 AM

Overpriced children's toy
Maybe cheaper then i will buy.
Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 12:47:22 PM

First I'd like to say that yes, it's made by Tomy, and it has some corny phrases and so on. So it's marketed like a toy, but it's a 17DOF Humanoid robot. Which is far from being a "toy" (or a damn expensive one). I challenge you to find a humanoid robot with >= 17DOF. For less than $400USD. Most of them reach up into the thousands. This is a capable robotic platform which would be great for a hobbyist or amateur robotic experimenter.

I based my pricing on what they are actually selling for (completed auctions) on ebay. (looking at the completed (successfully sold) auctions in the last 30 days, ISObot in similar condition, have sold for between $211 USD and $388 USD plus shipping) so I thought my price was fair.

But if you feel you know a more fair price, please make me an offer, I'm open to negotiation Smiley

I'd rather sell it for bitcoin and support the bitcoin economy then take it to ebay and support paypal's profits Wink

Nyaaan

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 12:55:37 PM

First I'd like to say that yes, it's made by Tomy, and it has some corny phrases and so on. So it's marketed like a toy, but it's a 17DOF Humanoid robot. Which is far from being a "toy" (or a damn expensive one). I challenge you to find a humanoid robot with >= 17DOF. For less than $400USD. Most of them reach up into the thousands. This is a capable robotic platform which would be great for a hobbyist or amateur robotic experimenter.

I based my pricing on what they are actually selling for (completed auctions) on ebay. (looking at the completed (successfully sold) auctions in the last 30 days, ISObot in similar condition, have sold for between $211 USD and $388 USD plus shipping) so I thought my price was fair.

But if you feel you know a more fair price, please make me an offer, I'm open to negotiation Smiley

I'd rather sell it for bitcoin and support the bitcoin economy then take it to ebay and support paypal's profits Wink

4.5 BTC
By making this trade you will be increasing awareness of bitcoin and how cheap things are.
Do it for the greater good, bro
Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 01:16:19 PM

lmao... not likely. I'm all for supporting the bitcoin economy, but "showing how cheap things are" doesn't do that.

I'm not here to get screwed lol.

If you have a more realistic offer I'm happy to hear it though Smiley

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 05:50:11 PM

That is a cool thing that I remember from a bit ago, and I'm sorry that the first responder was the clueless thread shitting Nyaaan, who is obviously scamming things out of people by telling them lies. I wish I had time to play with it as well, but like you, I feel that it wouldn't be used enough to justify having. Good luck with the sale though.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 05:54:06 PM

Meh, I'm not too worried about it Smiley These things happen on the interwebs Wink

But thanks, I am a bit sad to sell it, but it's been unused too long, too many other things eating up my time. So it's time to let it go to someone that will get some use/enjoyment out of it.

Hopefully I'll snag someone here. It's a bit of a niche item, so ebay is a better market for it (wider exposure). But I don't get along well with paypal Wink and I want to support bitcoin any way I can. So thought I'd post it here first.

We'll see, if it doesn't sell after a few weeks or a month, I'll likely push it up to ebay *shudder* lol...

Thanks!

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 01:25:10 AM

I would buy this in a second if I had the money

hi
Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 01:56:15 AM

I'm going to assume from that statement, that you in fact do NOT have the money? Wink

Know anyone you can borrow it from? Smiley

lol

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:14:29 PM

Sure, Ill borrow it from you and you can sell it to me  Roll Eyes

hi
Glasswalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 04:35:59 PM

lol I'll have to pass on that idea Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: