Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Random address sent me 1 satoshi  (Read 1749 times)
williamj2543 (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:31:55 AM

Checked my address today, I apparently received exactly 1 satoshi from: 162RRiyg9CMZZ5FjyJbSHTLebtFCXd6KWj with the label btcsmart.net
In this transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/749559de62baf0ae58d1a70f34ff9c2164a61a7631a88c4ad4d7ecd749d055d2
What the heck is he trying to do, hes sending 1 satoshi to hundreds of addresses.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:34:24 AM

they are technically spamming.. multibit gets rid of those as they will probably never confirm.. i dont know what info they are after, but they are doing it for a reason..
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:37:36 AM

they are technically spamming.. multibit gets rid of those as they will probably never confirm.. i dont know what info they are after, but they are doing it for a reason..
Well, you're probably going to at least Google the company name if you don't visit it outright. Could host malware. Dumb way to advertise, otherwise... super-slimy.
marryXmas

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:42:25 AM

Well, you're probably going to at least Google the company name if you don't visit it outright. Could host malware. Dumb way to advertise, otherwise... super-slimy.
I think it is actually a somewhat effective way to advertise. There was a gambling website that was sending out one satashi TXs to many addresses (thousands, if not 100s of thousands). It even made the news.

Laxotrade is sending out random TXs that are much bigger (~.0001) and there are a few threads open about them.

I am not sure how effective this kind of advertising from a cost standpoint but they are certainly getting people to look at their name at the very least.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 06:25:47 AM

It confirmed. How does a TX with dust outputs confirm? I though that was no longer possible.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:33:20 AM

It confirmed. How does a TX with dust outputs confirm? I though that was no longer possible.
It's possible, but there are (relatively) harsh fees to send dust. He spent BTC0.0002 to spam out BTC0.0000025 in satoshis. Hard to beat ~9-10 US cents to direct-spam 25 people, though.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 09:53:18 AM

It's possible, but there are (relatively) harsh fees to send dust. He spent BTC0.0002 to spam out BTC0.0000025 in satoshis. Hard to beat ~9-10 US cents to direct-spam 25 people, though.

I somehow was under the impression that a "gavin" (~5430 satoshi) was a protocol limit, but apparently thats wrong.

Edit: smallest amount that core allows is 0.00000546, so my memory also was wrong by a factor of 10.

Edit2: found it [1], apparently its more complicated.

// "Dust" is defined in terms of CTransaction::minRelayTxFee,
// which has units satoshis-per-kilobyte.
// If you'd pay more than 1/3 in fees
// to spend something, then we consider it dust.
// A typical txout is 34 bytes big, and will
// need a CTxIn of at least 148 bytes to spend:
// so dust is a txout less than 546 satoshis
// with default minRelayTxFee.

[1] https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/eecd3c0fb0625b036f68a7830dda8edde21fcb90/src/core.h#L195

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:30:43 AM

I got 1 satoshi too, which is strange as I cannot send transactions smaller than 0.0001 (the fee).
Which wallet has such low fees?

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Loophole

Activity: 619

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:15:48 PM

Checked my address today, I apparently received exactly 1 satoshi from: 162RRiyg9CMZZ5FjyJbSHTLebtFCXd6KWj with the label btcsmart.net
In this transaction:
https://blockchain.info/tx/749559de62baf0ae58d1a70f34ff9c2164a61a7631a88c4ad4d7ecd749d055d2
What the heck is he trying to do, hes sending 1 satoshi to hundreds of addresses.

It is just an ad.
After receiving a mysterious transaction to your address, some of the receivers will go to blockchain.info to search for it, and a few of them will go to that site.

BTW, you received 10 satoshi instead. Congrats for getting 10 times more lol. Wink

bittown

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:19:08 PM

Transaction fees should be increased to avoid these satoshi spams.
Loophole

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:21:03 PM

I got 1 satoshi too, which is strange as I cannot send transactions smaller than 0.0001 (the fee).
Which wallet has such low fees?

You mean fee or dust output?

The transaction in OP pays 0.0002 BTC with a tx size of 1042 bytes, which is the standard tx fee 0.0001 btc per KB (rounding up to the nearest KB).

KimNam

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:22:03 PM

lol, somebody using this method again for advertise some site
it's very annoying, but this one will disappear after few times
just remember somebody use this method to promote sochi winter olympics, with address 1Sochi Cheesy
chanz

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:24:42 PM

I got that several time too, but apparently it's just an another unspent output in wallet.
it took almost a week to confirm it but at last it got confirmed.

My BTC address : 1KfS1c14Tg2hgQEVz2bCJeFox6FpyYFvM6
DMeeks

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:26:34 PM

Hate dust, sometimes you pay even more fee just to send them..
whysosweet

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:30:34 PM

This spam can increase dramatically the size of the blockchain if it's done by several people.
KimNam

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:31:25 PM

yeah right, sometimes fee for bitcoin network is more higher than that dust Cheesy
but i think 1 satoshi dust won't confirmed by network
they will vanish after period of time Smiley
Loophole

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:39:30 PM

yeah right, sometimes fee for bitcoin network is more higher than that dust Cheesy
but i think 1 satoshi dust won't confirmed by network
they will vanish after period of time Smiley

Not this time, the transaction mentioned in OP has already had 96 confirmations right now. Smiley

amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:02:36 PM

Is it possible to remove blockchain.info tag from address?
(and remove address from bc.i tagged list)
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:05:36 PM

I've recieved about 200k satoshis whom someone, no label no nothing. Maybe someone used the wrong address? Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

DomoMan

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:08:01 PM

Probably morons trying to spam the blockchain.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: