Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:08:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any hope of getting bitcoin now? (dwolla 30 day bullcrap : ()  (Read 4571 times)
phyre (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:56:29 PM

Ok so i need some bitcoins as some of us do, so i linked my bank account and transfered money to my dwolla account.
The money got in today and I was so excited.
But then i see that i have to wait another 30 days!
This really ticked me off, I was never told of this and i was expecting to get my bitcoins soon Sad
So what can i do now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:35:00 PM

My understanding is that the 30-day Dwolla thing is a brand new development and many other bitcoiners are pretty annoyed with Dwolla for it.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:38:46 PM

Ok so i need some bitcoins as some of us do, so i linked my bank account and transfered money to my dwolla account.
This really ticked me off, I was never told of this and i was expecting to get my bitcoins soon Sad
So what can i do now?

Do you know anyone with bitcoins already?  I'd guess not, but like anything else, the best way to aquire anything is from someone that you already know in real life and generally can trust.  What city do you live in?  Many major cities have someone from that area that you could go meet in person and buy with cash, if you really are that desperate.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
phyre (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:37:16 PM

So what can i do now?

Do you know anyone with bitcoins already?  I'd guess not, but like anything else, the best way to aquire anything is from someone that you already know in real life and generally can trust.  What city do you live in?  Many major cities have someone from that area that you could go meet in person and buy with cash, if you really are that desperate.

I live in a small hicktown in east tennessee so buying locally is out of the question.
Plus theres the wait im gonna have to go trough to get my money BACK out of dwolla (took a week to put it in)
This is not going how i planned  Angry
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:49:21 PM

So what can i do now?

I live in a small hicktown in east tennessee so buying locally is out of the question.
Plus theres the wait im gonna have to go trough to get my money BACK out of dwolla (took a week to put it in)

Sorry for your troubles.  That's how it always is, though.  Getting the money is the hard part, spending it is always pretty easy.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
phyre (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:52:48 PM

So what can i do now?

Sorry for your troubles.  That's how it always is, though.  Getting the money is the hard part, spending it is always pretty easy.

Any services i can transfer the money from dwolla to then to mt gox?
Like a middleman?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 08:05:29 PM

How many coins are we talking about?
phyre (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 08:15:21 PM

How many coins are we talking about?
20 btc
I have 110$ usd in the dwolla account
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:01:15 PM

So what can i do now?

I see you are looking to hit up some of that SR Cheesy

This new 30 day restriction is probably because of money laundering regulations.

First it was Paxum then it is Dwolla now Huh

phyre (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:04:09 PM

So what can i do now?

I see you are looking to hit up some of that SR Cheesy

This new 30 day restriction is probably because of money laundering regulations.

First it was Paxum then it is Dwolla now Huh

Whats a SR?  Wink

I dont know what to do now, What should be my next step?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:47:12 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2012, 07:05:12 PM by Stephen Gornick

BitFloor (of NYC) accepts Dwolla USD for deposit and does not have the 30-day and other new restrictions for its Dwolla depositors.
  - http://www.BitFloor.com

[Update: BitFloor no longer accepts Dwolla (nor allows Dwolla withdrawals)]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

phyre (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:51:14 PM

BitFloor (of NYC) accepts Dwolla USD for deposit and does not have the 30-day and other new restrictions for its Dwolla depositors.
  - http://www.BitFloor.com
Just tried it they have the 30 day restrictions Sad
Thanks for the help
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:53:34 PM

sorry phyre I thought I had 20 coins but I don't I forgot I made a big withdrawal a couple days ago.  It will be 1-2 days before I mine enough.

Once you are no longer a noob post in the currency exchange forum ("WTT $110 Dwolla for 20 BTC") I am sure somebody will do it.  Obviously w/ 8 posts you are going to have to tx first so make sure your counterparty has some reputation.
phyre (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:59:02 PM

sorry phyre I thought I had 20 coins but I don't I forgot I made a big withdrawal a couple days ago.  It will be 1-2 days before I mine enough.

Once you are no longer a noob post in the currency exchange forum ("WTT $110 Dwolla for 20 BTC") I am sure somebody will do it.  Obviously w/ 8 posts you are going to have to tx first so make sure your counterparty has some reputation.

Thanks man Smiley 2 hrs and 19 minutes of time logged.
Will it be automatic when i get 4 hours?

I dont mind fronting the money as long as he has a good rep.

And just 1-2 days to mine 20 btc thats amazing! Shocked
codizzle

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 10:58:12 PM

I am having this same problem I would not mind trading for dwolla with someone either as long as they have good rep and withh throw $2.00 on top want to do a $33.00 Trans
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 07:22:30 PM

Has Dwolla actually officially announced this policy somewhere or articulated the details of exactly to whom it applies?

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 08:57:32 PM

Has Dwolla actually officially announced this policy somewhere or articulated the details of exactly to whom it applies?

This issue (30-day restriction, SSN verification, & Dwolla hub enabled) can be verified by trying to send a payment to a bitcoin exchange.  Dwolla will display the following:

The restriction is universal -- it applies to every account.  But it is a restriction that occurs only when trying to send USDs to Bitcoin exchanges (or others where Dwolla has found risky with regards to ACH fraud or other reversals occurring.)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

chickentech

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 06:01:28 PM

I am new to bitcoin as well... I understand the reluctance to use Paypal or credit card companies... However, this is one of the easiest ways to make purchases online...  It isn't in their interest to facilitate bitcoin whatsoever... But I have to say, if I wasn't so interested in this, I would have given up trying to get some coins a looooong time ago.

The difficulty will definitely hurt adoption.  I'm sure it already has.
arby
Donator

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

keybase.io/arblarg

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 10:13:22 PM

now thats funny, waiting 30 days, 5 more months and they end up like paypal

very easy for these "exchangers", when they need some money, they just start pulling AML stunts

more and more people getting mtgoxed it seems

Jabber/XMPP: arby@darkness.su
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 10:31:56 PM

now thats funny, waiting 30 days, 5 more months and they end up like paypal

very easy for these "exchangers", when they need some money, they just start pulling AML stunts

Perhaps you are misunderstanding the specifics on this 30 days restriction.

The restriction is that a Dwolla customer who just recently added funds from a bank or hasn't yet added funds from a bank at all yet cannot send Dwolla funds TO the exchanges until 30 days after that first transfer from a linked bank account occurs.  So the funds aren't being "frozen" by Dwolla, they just can't be transferred to certain parties until an initial probationary period has expired.

There are no restrictions on a Dwolla customer from sending those funds to another Dwolla customer, nor is there a restriction on withdrawing those funds.

So to suggest that the exchanges are holding onto the Dwolla funds due to Dwolla's new 30 day restriction is misleading.

If any exchange is not able to payout Dwolla funds it is for other reasons than Dwolla's 30-day restriction.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █