Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:18:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulfilling signature campaign post quota  (Read 1273 times)
eid (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:54:25 AM

So as you can see, I'm in a signature campaign. The problem I sometimes have is finding posts to reply to which often results in me bullying newbies in the lending section, as I can't think of anything else to say. I never was the greatest conversationalist and I seem to get worse the older I get (my brain has probably become pickled by wine).

So I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how they manage to post so much on various topics month after month, or if anyone has the same problem?

I do hope this post is not seen as a shameless attempt to fulfil my daily post count because I certainly wouldn't descend to such depths....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:57:27 AM

I look for easy questions to answer. Like this one.

Politics & Society is a good place to feel something and get into a long-winded conversation you think's important but has no impact. Cops shoot a dog? THANKS, OBAMA!
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:58:46 AM

You only need to make 50 posts and find it difficult? LOL.

There are rumors that the altcoins section is not too vigilated.I don't visit much that section because I got tired of altcoins.
 Also the speculation forum is nice, specially that topic about walls discussions.

And nice your idea about bully newbies in the loan section
eid (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:04:20 AM

Politics & Society is a good place to feel something and get into a long-winded conversation you think's important but has no impact. Cops shoot a dog? THANKS, OBAMA!

Happy to be of service sir and thank you for your excellent suggestion.

YEA YOU CAN THANK OBAMA FOR THAT!

There are rumors that the altcoins section is not too vigilated.I don't visit much that section because I got tired of altcoins.

And nice your idea about bully newbies in the loan section

Thanks for the suggestion, but even I'm not that desperate! <shudder>

I should have kept that lending strategy private really  Undecided
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:19:42 AM

You have off-topic, start a thread about something you know well and talk to people.
newbie poster 347

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:24:40 AM

You have off-topic, start a thread about something you know well and talk to people.

yes and if not many people answer, make an alt and talk to yourself!
eid (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:31:15 AM

YEA YOU CAN THANK OBAMA FOR THAT!

I guess I should really have made a separate post for that, otherwise it defeats the object. Of course I'd have to pad it out a bit with stuff that, while perhaps being uninteresting, was at least on topic. I know the mods frown upon people posting one liners, especially if they're in a signature campaign. Quite rightly in my honest opinion. I wonder what is considered a sufficient amount of words to be safe though.
eid (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:32:35 AM

yes and if not many people answer, make an alt and talk to yourself!

What a dishonourable suggestion; you ought to be ashamed of yourself!
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:33:54 AM

The point of the signature campaign is to collect some spare change while advertising for Bitcoin based businesses. It's not to be relied on as a source of income.  If you honestly have nothing worthwhile to say they perhaps move to a different area.  There are many sections of the forum that I visit and spend hours reading but don't post a single thing.  Almost 1/2 my posts are in the mining sections since that's what I'm familiar with and I help new miners (or at least I think I do).

If it becomes that forced for you to post perhaps you be better off working a hobby and using that income to buy coins.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 07:37:11 AM

Find a sig campaign that has a lower post requirement, most of the ones I've seen are too high so you'd just end up spamming or they give too low a payment for your time even for taking up your sig space.
eid (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:56:42 AM

The point of the signature campaign is to collect some spare change while advertising for Bitcoin based businesses. It's not to be relied on as a source of income.  If you honestly have nothing worthwhile to say they perhaps move to a different area.  There are many sections of the forum that I visit and spend hours reading but don't post a single thing.  Almost 1/2 my posts are in the mining sections since that's what I'm familiar with and I help new miners (or at least I think I do).

If it becomes that forced for you to post perhaps you be better off working a hobby and using that income to buy coins.

I do have a hobby that gives me income (though I usually call it my job), just not very much, mainly because I don't do very much. I guess I just like the idea of being paid bitcoins for posting; I'm not relying on it to pay the rent or anything.

There are many sections of the forum I don't bother reading, mostly because I don't want to spend hours on here. I'll give them a look though, thanks.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:07:00 AM

Beginners and help are a good section to answer easy questions. Just not aways much movimented.

Politics & Society might require too much reading, not sure if they are ideal.
HWoodrow

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:08:08 PM

Find some topics of your interest and post there. Off topic is good place to start.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:14:44 PM

Enjoy posting or find an other occupation; if you enjoy posting scroll the "unread posts since last visits" and you will find many posts that get your attention
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:23:24 PM

Find a sig campaign that has a lower post requirement, most of the ones I've seen are too high so you'd just end up spamming or they give too low a payment for your time even for taking up your sig space.

50 posts is pretty much the lowest requirement for any campaign. If you can't think of 50 posts worth of stuff to say I don't think a sig campaign is for you. You shouldnt have to force yourself do to posts at all.

messibtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:28:16 PM

If you haven't ideas try the speculation forum and comment threads where they say "Bitcoin value = xxxx in the xxx".

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 03:53:03 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 04:08:06 PM by Lethn

50 posts is pretty much the lowest requirement for any campaign. If you can't think of 50 posts worth of stuff to say I don't think a sig campaign is for you. You shouldnt have to force yourself do to posts at all.

I'm on a 15 post per week sig campaign, your argument is invalid, ner ner n-ner nerrrr Tongue
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:54:52 PM

off topic

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:11:13 PM

I'm on a 15 post per week sig campaign, your argument is invalid, ner ner n-ner nerrrr Tongue

50 per month. Yours is 60 per month.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 04:31:21 PM

Damnit >_< lol Tongue anyway I actually posted a lot more than I thought I did when I looked at things so it was fine Cheesy.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: