Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:49:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In a few moments, I'll be dead.  (Read 12615 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:05:00 AM

Morons...
Nuff' said...

How many family/friends have you lost to suicide? It sucks for everyone. I hope his family gets him the help he needs.

A good slap on the face... that's all the help he needs...

The ones falling for this troll post are the ones who need serious help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 01:05:17 AM

If this case is truly closed, then I believe that the Georetown police department didn't do due diligence in regards to this situation. There wasn't even enough time to read all the OP's posts, let alone the ones we pointed out to them. How much egg would be on their face if this kid did harm to somebody(s) or himself? This case is not closed by any stretch of the imagination. If it is, I'm sad to say this country is fucked.

~Bruno~
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:07:32 AM

If this case is truly closed, then I believe that the Georetown police department didn't do due diligence in regards to this situation. There wasn't even enough time to read all the OP's posts, let alone the ones we pointed out to them. How much egg would be on their face if this kid did harm to somebody(s) or himself? This case is not closed by any stretch of the imagination. If it is, I'm sad to say this country is fucked.

~Bruno~

My bad. They didn't say case closed. That was my opinion. They did talk to the family.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Uncurlhalo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

|Argus| Accounting and Auditing on the Blockchain

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:08:07 AM

This case is not closed by any stretch of the imagination. If it is, I'm sad to say this country is fucked.
Oh we've been fucked for a long time. A very long time.

Argus the revolution in making
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:08:15 AM

If it turns out that he wasn't hacked, he'll be getting another visit from the police...

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:10:10 AM

Sweet Jesus. Somebody please lock this thread.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 01:11:47 AM

Morons...
Nuff' said...

How many family/friends have you lost to suicide? It sucks for everyone. I hope his family gets him the help he needs.
Three last year alone. Making it look like an accident is definitely kinder to survivors. Of course I'm referring to the real thing, not a "cry for help" gesture.

I've penned it before on this forum, and will state it again. I've tried it myself. Each time (twice) over pussy. But it was only a gesture, for in no way did I really want to die. My sister has tried it a small handful of times, but she's a little messed up (not on drugs). I'm pretty sure all her cases were gestures as well, seeking attention or whatever (not a doctor, so not really sure what was being sought). Chances are pretty good I won't be ever doing it again. Not for pussy, lack of money, or (can't even think of another good reason).

~Bruno~
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:12:35 AM

If it turns out that he wasn't hacked, he'll be getting another visit from the police...

I seriously believe that's what will happen in the end.
At least one thing is confirmed... he's Atlas...
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:14:11 AM

Does this mean he is changing names again. Is this the new method where he must does something outrageous? Does he think he is Dr. Who and will regenerate into a new avatar?

Hello, I am Emanuel Ortego. The Jon/Atlas screennames are not within my control.

Please do not contact me in regard to these names and their posts.
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:15:11 AM

The police called to notify me that they made contact with the subject. He claims that his account was hacked. Case closed.

I don't believe the-account-was-hacked alibi. No way can the police even close this case that quick. Something ain't right. (not taking about you, cbeast, only the facts that you presented)
Now that you mention it, this does smell wrong.

OTOH, the police would have the subject's privacy rights to honor, I do believe I've seen this "It's all OK" type disclaimer from law enforcement before and thought that might be the reason.

If someone made the call to the PD, they should have at least been given a call/file/case number/id . At one point I lived in a place where the cops wouldn't even answer a call unless there was a homicide or serious injury, it's important to document the interaction if for no other reason than the possibility of retribution for being a snitch.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 01:15:17 AM

Sweet Jesus. Somebody please lock this thread.

At the moment, the OP can't lock the thread, for he's busy talking to the police. I'll give anything to be a fly on the wall during that conversation.

~Bruno~
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:17:13 AM

Morons...
Nuff' said...

In most forums, this would be disregarded. However, this forum brings an element of trust in ones <nick>.  Jon aka Atlas has been around long enough to know this.

So, if it was a troll. Yea. He got us all good but has lost all TRUST in his word.  It does not demean us to believe in him and him let us down; it demeans him.

Ironically this is a lose/lose proposition for him. For people that believed him, it is a win/win.

Obviously a hacked account would answer a lot of questions here. However, as someone pointed out, a simple check on IP's will probably confirm to within a 51% degree of certainty. This is a court of public opinion and as such standards are not so high.

IF the PD did do anything here, get a Bitcoin account and I'll donate 1 BTC towards a PR-24 to keep the crowds suppressed. You know your department needs money. Smiley

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:20:23 AM

Morons...
Nuff' said...

In most forums, this would be disregarded. However, this forum brings an element of trust in ones <nick>.  Jon aka Atlas has been around long enough to know this.

So, if it was a troll. Yea. He got us all good but has lost all TRUST in his word.  It does not demean us to believe in him and him let us down; it demeans him.

Ironically this is a lose/lose proposition for him. For people that believed him, it is a win/win.

Obviously a hacked account would answer a lot of questions here. However, as someone pointed out, a simple check on IP's will probably confirm to within a 51% degree of certainty. This is a court of public opinion and as such standards are not so high.

IF the PD did do anything here, get a Bitcoin account and I'll donate 1 BTC towards a PR-24 to keep the crowds suppressed. You know your department needs money. Smiley

If I'm not wrong, Jon/Atlas uses TOR to visit this forum. (from other pics that he posted last time) How would we identify him in that case?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 01:20:39 AM

Morons...
Nuff' said...

If somebody hacked into a computer, hasn't a crime been committed? Don't police officers investigate crimes? What am I missing here?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 01:22:24 AM

Morons...
Nuff' said...

If I'm not wrong, Jon/Atlas uses TOR to visit this forum. (from other pics that he posted last time) How would we identify him in that case?

The police can still see if was on his computer at least. Why are we doing the detective work for this case, BTW?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:27:24 AM

Morons...
Nuff' said...

The police can still see if was on his computer at least. Why are we doing the detective work for this case, BTW?
Seriously? Now trying to help someone that may be in trouble is called "detective work?"

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

Statistically more woman attempt suicide but more men succeed.    

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:30:16 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2012, 01:42:58 AM by psy

Statistically more woman attempt suicide but more men succeed.     
And the ones who suceed also suceed at keeping their mouths shut... wonder why...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 01:30:22 AM

Morons...
Nuff' said...

Seriously? Now trying to help someone that may be in trouble is called "detective work?"

I used the wrong word. I was going to type police work, but realized in my mind that I already used the word police and opted for a different word. Wrong choice. Seriously!
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:32:46 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2012, 01:33:50 AM by Maged

If somebody hacked into a computer, hasn't a crime been committed? Don't police officers investigate crimes? What am I missing here?
No one seems to like paying for public services like law enforcement, consider all the tax whiners one sees around who piss and moan on "principle".

Resource limitations kick in pretty quickly. Hacked PCs have to be way down on the list for a municipal PD and someone has to make a complaint to begin with, like, um, the victim for example. Don't hold your breath waiting for the latter to happen  Grin

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: