Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In a few moments, I'll be dead.  (Read 12618 times)
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:10:17 PM

I have to say this thread has brought me a great deal of entertainment. One thing I've learned about people who claim they will commit suicide is that they usually don't, it's just a cry for attention. I'm not saying it's true 100% of the time but in most cases it is. It seems as if Atlas, Jon, etc. craves attention and this was another attempt at getting it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:23:46 PM

I think it was the ignore button that pushed him over the edge. As his ignore state got darker, so did his attention seeking.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:41:24 PM

When it comes down to it we are all brothers and sisters on thios big rock, and we need each other.
That's why facebook was created.
Um, no, it was created as a voluntary method of collecting data useful for marketing and law enforcement. A truly mediocre idea that is so representative of a mediocre time.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 01:51:46 PM

Oh look this thread again.
I have no sympathy for you Atlas after I tried to help you the last time.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:04:33 PM

Oh look this thread again.
I have no sympathy for you Atlas after I tried to help you the last time.
Ditto.

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:07:09 PM

Lock this shit.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:22:07 PM

Lock this shit.

Seconded. Garbage self-important attention-whoring illegal admitted suicide threat thread is garbage.

Ean

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:37:08 PM

Am I the only one that read the title as "In a few moments, I'll be logging out from this account and never use it again"?

Quote from: Douglas Adams
The World Wide Web is the only thing I know of whose shortened form takes three times longer to say than what it's short for
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:39:57 PM

Am I the only one that read the title as "In a few moments, I'll be logging out from this account and never use it again"?

+1

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:15:01 PM

Since he is once again confirmed to be Atlas, why isn't he perma-banned (again) yet?
I've been asking theymos that very question for some time...

Yes, I would like the answer to this too..

I smell favoritism .. 

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 03:27:41 PM

I think it was the ignore button that pushed him over the edge. As his ignore state got darker, so did his attention seeking.

I see what you did here. You put the blame squarely on theymos.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:28:12 PM

He's the admin, and the only one who can ban.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 03:32:30 PM

He's the admin, and the only one who can ban.

A tongue-in-cheek post implying and assuming that theymos was the one that implemented the coloring of ignore.
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:52:13 PM

I just noticed peoples ignore button is different than most ...    hahaha

Wonder what colour mine is Cheesy

Why is this ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 03:59:08 PM

I think it's important to mention this:

There are not simply two kinds of suicidal threats (i.e. serious vs call-for-help).  There's a lot of gray area, and a lot of unpredictability.

Take the person I met that drank a cup of bleach.  They will tell you all about it.

If there's one thing I've learned from working in a hospital, it's that every person who threatens suicide is in a world of problems.  You take absolutely every threat seriously because "serious" is not simply limited to the actual act of attempting suicide.
schnell

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:06:05 PM

There are not simply two kinds of suicidal threats (i.e. serious vs call-for-help).  There's a lot of gray area, and a lot of unpredictability.

Take the person I met that drank a cup of bleach.  They will tell you all about it.

If there's one thing I've learned from working in a hospital, it's that every person who threatens suicide is in a world of problems.  You take absolutely every threat seriously because "serious" is not simply limited to the actual act of attempting suicide.

Even if there were two types, if he did really commit suicide then it will be on our consciences.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:09:14 PM

Ordinarily I would agree with this line of thought, but I am right-to-life and I think suicide is everyone's own choice. Furthermore I believe there are far worse fates than death because I do not believe in an afterlife. If I came to the forums threatening suicide, I'd want everyone to tell me to shut the fuck up and stop whining, not rush to my aid. Rushing to my aid would only depress me that everyone is that pathetic and ignorant. Atlas is just testing the fences, and many suicide fakers are too.

It's not a happy circumstance when someone dies, but I stand by my lack of care for suicide as a statement to this generation that they are all fucking pansies when it comes to the concept of death. Death is the most natural thing in the entire world. Bring it on. I'll kill myself tomorrow just to prove a point. Who cares? Life will end for everyone, so choosing when it ends is an awesome empowerment. I salute suicide. That said, if someone is killing themselves because they're sad about something, then that's no different than getting drunk or doing drugs because they're sad about something-- it's escapism and I don't support it.

So to sum up:

Killing yourself because of a calculated decision based on your worth in the world and your lack of interest in continuing the endless torture that is life: Okay.
Killing yourself because you're an emofag who doesn't want to go to school anymore: Not okay.

Atlas isn't either. He's an attention whore who thinks every brain fart of his is a revolution we should all be awestruck by.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 04:22:18 PM

Ordinarily I would agree with this line of thought, but I am right-to-life and I think suicide is everyone's own choice. Furthermore I believe there are far worse fates than death because I do not believe in an afterlife. If I came to the forums threatening suicide, I'd want everyone to tell me to shut the fuck up and stop whining, not rush to my aid. Rushing to my aid would only depress me that everyone is that pathetic and ignorant. Atlas is just testing the fences, and many suicide fakers are too.

It's not a happy circumstance when someone dies, but I stand by my lack of care for suicide as a statement to this generation that they are all fucking pansies when it comes to the concept of death. Death is the most natural thing in the entire world. Bring it on. I'll kill myself tomorrow just to prove a point. Who cares? Life will end for everyone, so choosing when it ends is an awesome empowerment. I salute suicide. That said, if someone is killing themselves because they're sad about something, then that's no different than getting drunk or doing drugs because they're sad about something-- it's escapism and I don't support it.

So to sum up:

Killing yourself because of a calculated decision based on your worth in the world and your lack of interest in continuing the endless torture that is life: Okay.
Killing yourself because you're an emofag who doesn't want to go to school anymore: Not okay.

Atlas isn't either. He's an attention whore who thinks every brain fart of his is a revolution we should all be awestruck by.

+1

I truly do enjoy your writing style (content and structure), Matthew.

~Bruno~

SAD EDIT: Did I just waste my 5000th post in an Atlas thread? This is way wrong on so many levels.
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 04:44:10 PM

Imaginary Jon #0185 sez:

You see, now, the evidence that society is focused on death, charity, and creating the delusion that they're generous, but have no interest in a man's labor or ideas - or any values for that matter. I can post four thought-out ideas every few hours, and I will perhaps get two pages of responses with no more content than personal attacks. Nobody cares while I'm alive, because nobody's a true existentialist. They all pose to keep up their delusion that their life matters. The facade only comes up once they realize they need to commit an act of charity, else be ostracized for not following the "morals of society," which are always reactive, not proactive, because nobody actually believes in them. If anyone really gave a shit, they'd take me seriously while I was alive, not force me to live longer in a life they continually shit on. Instead of letting me kill myself, there are those who would prefer to rape and otherwise torture me for all eternity.

Good Point. History tells us that after posting your good idea, die. Then you will become famous, make tons of money, and get all the credit.

But true artists don't do it for the above reasons, they are obsessed to create and don't care about any possible consequences to their work.

e.g. Van Gogh

edit: Maybe not the best thread to post my comment in. Sorry.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 05:47:20 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2012, 06:07:31 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Imaginary Jon #0185 sez:

You see, now, the evidence that society is focused on death, charity, and creating the delusion that they're generous, but have no interest in a man's labor or ideas - or any values for that matter. I can post four thought-out ideas every few hours, and I will perhaps get two pages of responses with no more content than personal attacks. Nobody cares while I'm alive, because nobody's a true existentialist. They all pose to keep up their delusion that their life matters. The facade only comes up once they realize they need to commit an act of charity, else be ostracized for not following the "morals of society," which are always reactive, not proactive, because nobody actually believes in them. If anyone really gave a shit, they'd take me seriously while I was alive, not force me to live longer in a life they continually shit on. Instead of letting me kill myself, there are those who would prefer to rape and otherwise torture me for all eternity.

Good Point. History tells us that after posting your good idea, die. Then you will become famous, make tons of money, and get all the credit.

But true artists don't do it for the above reasons, they are obsessed to create and don't care about any possible consequences to their work.

e.g. Van Gogh

edit: Maybe not the best thread to post my comment in. Sorry.

Sure it is! It's a perfect thread to post that comment, for now Atlas can come out and say, "See! I create value."

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: