Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Something is wrong with BTC  (Read 2535 times)
nelruk (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 11

Bitcoin is revolution

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 06:57:47 PM

BTC is suffering something very strange. I mean, can someone explain, please, what is going on with the price that stuck between 450-500 USD; is ithis normal or is jut me making a scene?

Bitcoin is revolution. Visit http://bitcoinlandia.net Smiley my personal blog about bitcoin in spanish
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:01:40 PM

BTC is suffering something very strange. I mean, can someone explain, please, what is going on with the price that stuck between 450-500 USD; is ithis normal or is jut me making a scene?

Bitcoin has nothing to do with its price in USD/EUR/CNY/JPY/INR/GBP etc. This is determined purely by the market dynamics of free market.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:04:55 PM

In a truly free market supply and demand rule the day. On the bright side sideways movement reduces the volatility that detractors always complain about.

Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:05:38 PM

Its because there is a single big seller who is trying to gradually dispose of a large quantity of coins for cash. They sell coins at $500. This causes the price to go down. They wait for it to come up again, then sell again, etc. Whoever it is justs want to sell off their stack at $500. Thats why the price is pinned at that level.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:39:26 PM

I think it's nice to have a stable price, at least for a moment.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:21:36 PM

I agree, having a stable price is better than having a price that keeps increasing and decreasing giving us a false sense of hope most of the time. I personally would rather see a stable lower price than a higher price that keeps changing all the time.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

I really believe we could go either way now. Bitcoin needs at least a certain amount of acceptance in the common public, and if it should fail to achieve that, it isn't exactly wise to speculate on its future growth anymore. Hedge and wait for a definite bull market. Just my opinion, though...

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
ReBoRn

Activity: 392

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:44:47 PM

I really believe we could go either way now. Bitcoin needs at least a certain amount of acceptance in the common public, and if it should fail to achieve that, it isn't exactly wise to speculate on its future growth anymore. Hedge and wait for a definite bull market. Just my opinion, though...
Yes I agree its working very slow just because of this too much speculations and we are not in good shape need some work but who cares about this

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:57:07 PM

I agree, having a stable price is better than having a price that keeps increasing and decreasing giving us a false sense of hope most of the time. I personally would rather see a stable lower price than a higher price that keeps changing all the time.

For use as a currency YES
For trading NO

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
riiiising

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:00:42 PM

It's just a temporary thing, people cut their loss and are afraid. It's the wrong thing to do. Soon they will all gain faith again and we can continue our fly to the moon!
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:20:31 PM

It's just a temporary thing, people cut their loss and are afraid. It's the wrong thing to do. Soon they will all gain faith again and we can continue our fly to the moon!

Oh god. Not falllling clones on the way back up too! Smiley
Buo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:32:32 PM

I think it's nice to have a stable price, at least for a moment.

This is the right time to accumulate coins, I hope it will be in this range for several months.

minerpumpkin

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:46:56 PM

For trading NO

Hell, we don't really know what Bitcoin is. It defnitely has aspects of a currency and may also be used as such, but I think of Bitcoin more as some kind of commodity, payment system, store of wealth, and a backbone protocol for other services!

R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:35:59 PM

For trading NO

But Bitcoin is a currency, isn't it? (Or, at least, that's its final goal)

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
minerpumpkin

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:38:29 PM

For trading NO

Actuallty: Really, does it necessarily have to be one? Everyone expects it to be and act like one, but why? Maybe it's something we have no word for today. It's a weird mixture of currency, payment system, commodity, stock, technology...

Malin Keshar

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:27:48 AM

There is no way to define the "correct" price for bitcoin. People can use it but not hold it much, so price will be low but BTC will be a sucess anyway.

450 is not more or less strange than 1000 or 200
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:32:48 AM

For trading NO

Yes, it's like foreign currency but there is no country it belongs to.
When measuring Bitcoin against the dollar it can be both money or a speculative product.

It's volatility currently undermines its usage as a currency but makes it a good speculative product (stock).
The more trading, the more stable and usable as a currency.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:23:33 AM

you are experiencing your first bitcoin "boring season". these things happen. make sure you buy as much as you can during these times.

bitleif

Activity: 351

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:51:21 AM

Btc is not "suffering", it's not strange, nothing is wrong and you are making a scene Smiley
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:06:14 AM

Btc is not "suffering", it's not strange, nothing is wrong and you are making a scene Smiley

The hodl propaganda says every year the price will at least double and we are going nowhere but to the moon and to conquer the world.

Don't blame him or others if they feel shoked when the reality makes things seems different. Some people sell too optimistic expectations, and some people buy them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: