Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:17:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There are not even 100 people using Bitcoin in my Country.  (Read 2952 times)
bitc0in (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

One day I shall rise!!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:50:30 AM

As in the other part of the globe,bitcoin is gaining so much popularity and the part here is still unknown about the term bitcoin.Many people relating to technology doesn't even know the term bitcoin.And I have a assumption that there are no more than 100 people who have ever used or adopted bitcoin as their payment method.

I am talking about is  "Nepal" what do you think?Have your say peeps

There always lies a spark inside a cold heart!!
I am From Nepal<<Where Everest Lies>>
Satoshis??=1NYTHxvaqvoBVH5ttSpHv3TgdXGuRQMQZh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Verse

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:59:45 AM

A quick Google search would indicate that Nepal has >30% internet penetration, I don't think Bitcoin even could be a very useful economic tool in Nepal outside of export/import and major cities; so start there - set up a Bitcoin ATM with an informational video.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:01:18 AM

you have more...
for instance 200 people have liked a travel service that works in nepal https://www.facebook.com/mteverestadventures.

then think about the people on local bitcoins. you would be surprised how many people are interested in bitcoins in that area

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:28:54 AM

That's an opportunity isn't it?
Find a way to get btc in people's hands and you have the contours of a business

qwerty555

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:40:53 AM

20 million mobile phones that can pay bills with bitcoin if someone starts the service

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_of_the_Asia_Pacific_region#Nepal

$4.8 Billion + yearly remittances waiting to save time and money using bitcoin ( which by the way is approximately 25% of gdp)

In Nepal, remittance inflows rose 14% over the previous year to $4.8 billion in 2012, according to the World Bank. The bank estimates that fund flows increased another 8.8% to $5.21 billion last year.

http://blogs.wsj.com/frontiers/2014/04/11/strong-growth-in-remittance-flows-to-frontier-markets-attracts-investors/

opportunity awaits

icet208

Activity: 762

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:56:24 AM

the perfect chance to promovate bitcoin and build a successful business.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:27:32 AM

This means your way ahead of the pack so try and use this to your advantage.  It will likely be an uphill battle but it could be lucrative for you to be the first Bitcoin business in your area.  You have a chance to educate Bitcoin to others as something positive that will benefit them and everyone else they know.  Instead of the fear and smear campaigns the media brings to the table.  Good luck  Smiley
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:47:36 AM

Where did you get 30%, since you don't need to provide personal info to use Bitcoins?

Anyway, it is always this way. First the developed and innovative countries adopt some innovation, then after some decades or so, it spreads to the not developed world. If it in fact reaches all the world.
DoubleBEE

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:01:02 AM

As in the other part of the globe,bitcoin is gaining so much popularity and the part here is still unknown about the term bitcoin.Many people relating to technology doesn't even know the term bitcoin.And I have a assumption that there are no more than 100 people who have ever used or adopted bitcoin as their payment method.

But have you ever try to buy smth with btc?
cookmac

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:03:55 AM

Arbitrary figure is arbitrary. I would be very surprised if less than 100 people in Nepal use Btc
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:59:01 AM

That's an opportunity isn't it?
Find a way to get btc in people's hands and you have the contours of a business
I don't think it is that easy. When starting a business, you will carry a lot of risk. The reasons the people don't know about BTC need to be investigated, such as no internet connection in some area, denial to new technology, lack knowledge to understand it, or the banning of regulation etc.  Whether there are some chances to solve these problems needs to be considers carefully before starting this business.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 08:29:35 AM

Bitcoin is borderless. The number of bitcoin users in your country doesn't affect you. You can still buy and hold bitcoins from exchanged around the world. In fact, it is a business opportunity for you to promote and sell bitcoins locally, or start a business selling local specialty to the world.
CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:40:15 AM

You can start promoting Xbot coin in countries that don't have internet or computer.
But, they have access to cellphone.
People can use your phone to send tweets commands to buy, sell, trade Xbot coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760803

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:12:32 AM

But, as I can see, a LOT of buying & selling are taking place in Nepal...

https://localbitcoins.com/country/NP

Maybe, the people around u r not into Bitcoin or not interested to speak about Bitcoin.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:25:10 AM

The fact that there is such a small number of BTC users in Nepal is an even bigger reason to try and get involved with any sort of business that will utilize the power and benefits of BTC above adopted fiat.
bitc0in (OP)

One day I shall rise!!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:06:55 AM

But, as I can see, a LOT of buying & selling are taking place in Nepal...

https://localbitcoins.com/country/NP

Maybe, the people around u r not into Bitcoin or not interested to speak about Bitcoin.
No localbitcoins have not much people from Nepal but those people who offer bitcoin buy/sell services to Nepal
https://localbitcoins.com/buy-bitcoins-online/np/nepal/
Here only two people are there currently and I am not on Localbitcoin as well

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:07:41 AM

The fact that there is such a small number of BTC users in Nepal is an even bigger reason to try and get involved with any sort of business that will utilize the power and benefits of BTC above adopted fiat.
Yup.  Set up a brokerage to provide a service for people to buy and sell Bitcoin easily
bitc0in (OP)

One day I shall rise!!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:10:24 AM

This means your way ahead of the pack so try and use this to your advantage.  It will likely be an uphill battle but it could be lucrative for you to be the first Bitcoin business in your area.  You have a chance to educate Bitcoin to others as something positive that will benefit them and everyone else they know.  Instead of the fear and smear campaigns the media brings to the table.  Good luck  Smiley
I am thinking of the same,inception of some bitcoin related business here in my land.Risk is that it would surely take a much effort when people have little or not at all knowledge about the BTC technology

bitc0in (OP)

One day I shall rise!!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:14:14 AM

20 million mobile phones that can pay bills with bitcoin if someone starts the service

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_of_the_Asia_Pacific_region#Nepal

$4.8 Billion + yearly remittances waiting to save time and money using bitcoin ( which by the way is approximately 25% of gdp)

In Nepal, remittance inflows rose 14% over the previous year to $4.8 billion in 2012, according to the World Bank. The bank estimates that fund flows increased another 8.8% to $5.21 billion last year.

http://blogs.wsj.com/frontiers/2014/04/11/strong-growth-in-remittance-flows-to-frontier-markets-attracts-investors/

opportunity awaits

oppurtunity it is,the remittance services would be a goo sector of bitcoin business adoption here and same with the bill pay of phones.But the challenge is that to let people know of something that they haven't heard at all and get them use it.And also central bank of Nepal has considered bitcoin illegal,though no any official usage restrictions has been announced/implemented.

bitc0in (OP)

One day I shall rise!!

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:16:49 AM

opportunity awaits

and I think Nepal ban any foreign currency on its soil, you cant even use paypal, fertile ground for Bitcoin...
Yeah,bitcoin could flourish well on proper implementation.Paypal services are restricted here and international money transfers and money movement is also abandoned.It's not easy to send money outside the country,But receiving is a very easy task.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: