Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:16:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius found guilty of culpable homicide  (Read 1084 times)
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 11:46:28 AM

PRETORIA, South Africa – After 41 days of testimony spanning more than five months, a verdict in the Oscar Pistorius trial has been handed down: guilty of culpable homicide, a ruling that comes with no minimum jail sentence.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/oscar-pistorius-found-guilty-of-negligent-homicide-082559102.html

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:59:41 AM

Another OJ in the making. No minimum sentence. Seriously? Rich people can kill anyone anywhere and get away with it. If some ordinary guy was in his position, he would have been sentenced to life in prison already. Just because Pistorius is filthy rich, he can bribe the corrupt judges and walk away. Shame of the South African judicial system.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:09:33 AM

^money makes the world go round after all

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1571

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:50:06 PM

Another OJ in the making. No minimum sentence. Seriously? Rich people can kill anyone anywhere and get away with it. If some ordinary guy was in his position, he would have been sentenced to life in prison already. Just because Pistorius is filthy rich, he can bribe the corrupt judges and walk away. Shame of the South African judicial system.

The saddest part is they don't even care that the whole world is watching.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:30:12 PM

It might not carry a minimum sentence but his sentence hasn't been issued yet, has it? Anything less than five years will be a joke, though. I don't think it's a part of being bribed, but if you've got the money for lawyers it helps.
chalidore

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:51:13 PM

^money makes the world go round after all

and yet people are surprised again about trial result
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:49:23 AM

Just because there is no minimum sentence does not mean he will not serve any jail time. Minimum sentences are very bad public policy anyway because it does not allow the judge to take all the facts into consideration.

I personally do not think he should face any jail time. I believe that he did not intend to kill his girlfriend and I believe that he had a good reason to fear that she was an intruder who would potentially do harm to him

Inotanewbie

Activity: 252

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 03:57:31 AM

It might not carry a minimum sentence but his sentence hasn't been issued yet, has it? Anything less than five years will be a joke, though. I don't think it's a part of being bribed, but if you've got the money for lawyers it helps.
5 years ?! I hope you realize that what he was found guilty of is basically the US equivalent of manslaughter. I would consider it to be an overly harsh sentence if an upstanding member of society were to receive any jail time for manslaughter in the US

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:58:46 AM

hope he dies in jail

such fucker

yolo
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:20:13 AM

This makes a travesty of justice, a real farce
The evidence clearly pointed only in one direction, guess he was too much of a poster boy to pay for his mistakes

Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 04:45:24 AM

I am personally surprised that he was found guilty of anything. I was following the trial myself and did not find the evidence against him to be credible.

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
TheGull

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:21:37 AM

The real problem here is the injustice that the modern legal system dishes out - the result for a poor man without a QC on his side would have been very, very different.

This is not something unique to South Africa either. The rich everywhere get away with far more than the rest of us.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:11:53 AM

hope he dies in jail

such fucker

Bad things don't happen to rich people in jail. Prison rapes only happen to ordinary people, who are incarcerated for charges like DUI and tax fraud. Rich people, who get prison sentences (extremely rare), often gets VIP treatment inside the jail and spends their time playing Xbox and watching movies. That said, I don't even think that Pistorius will have to spend time in prison. 
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:09:40 AM

hope he dies in jail

such fucker
Why should he have to die in jail? The crime that he was convicted of was essentially accidentally killing his girlfriend. The court found it was not on purpose. The death penalty is not at all an appropriate punishment for this crime.

Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:26:18 AM

I was personally surprised he was found guilty at all. I think it likely had something to do with the likely fake witnesses that said he had hired acting coaches to help him act like he was sad and crying during the trial.

I was also surprised as to just how long the trial lasted. This was not that complex of a case but it lasted for months on end. In the US even the most complex cases do not last more then a few weeks.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:30:12 AM

I was personally surprised he was found guilty at all. I think it likely had something to do with the likely fake witnesses that said he had hired acting coaches to help him act like he was sad and crying during the trial.

I was also surprised as to just how long the trial lasted. This was not that complex of a case but it lasted for months on end. In the US even the most complex cases do not last more then a few weeks.

It was so apparent that he was faking the crying. The judge even stated at the end that he seemed more worried with his statements then his actual emotion of what he had done.

The bathroom had no window. Where was the robber going to go? He didn't even look at the bed to see where his girlfriend was before he started blasting away at a locked bathroom door?

Dude deserves the 15 year max for culpable homicide but will most likely get nothing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: