Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:45:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New film "Bitcoin: Buenos Aires" worldwide distribution built on Bitcoin  (Read 793 times)
valerian253 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:40:37 PM

First off, THANKS to everyone that contributed, retweeted, liked, subscribed, and helped push our crowdfunding campaign across the finish line. We had such a diverse group of people from across the globe get involved, some giving as little as $0.50 and some giving as much as $1000!

You did your part, now here's mine…

"Bitcoin: Buenos Aires" is partnering with Meetup.com groups from around the world to arrange special private screenings for local bitcoin Meetups. We have 21 Meetups and counting! The first batch of screenings will start on Monday:

9/15 Bitcoin Budapest
9/16 Nashville Bitcoin
9/17 Bitcoin Decentral Toronto
9/18 Bitcoin Vancouver

with additional commitments from: Edinburgh, Zürich, Amsterdam, New York, Austin, South Florida, Washington DC, Seattle, Denver, St. Louis, Houston, Perth, Portland, Auckland, Tampa, Milwaukee, and Raleigh. If you want to arrange a screening for your Meetup.com group get in touch through my Meetup profile.

Next Friday, September 19th, we will be offering the film to everyone! Here's how you can see it:

1) Download it directly from TheProtocol.TV - Pay with Bitcoin - $2.00
2) Download it directly from TheProtocol.TV or Vimeo - Pay with PayPal/credit/debit - $3.00
3) Watch it with advertisements on YouTube - FREE
4) And…here we go… Download it with Bittorrent and pay what you want -- Listen, someone would have torrented the film anyway. So, for those who are going to get the movie this way, please tip to the public address embedded in the file. At the very least, please subscribe to our YouTube channel and/or follow us on Twitter.

** A SPECIAL NOTE TO CONTRIBUTORS **

This is all new territory for us. As such, we didn't really work out this distribution plan until well after the crowdfunding campaign was under way. So, to realign the rewards to your contribution level…everyone is getting upgraded! So that means, if you put in for a Twitter "thanks" then you will still get that AND we're adding the next level which is a digital download. If you put in for the digital download then you will get that AND the special edition DVD. And so on. It's going to take us a little while to reconcile all the contributions, names, and final credits so that is why the film will not be released to the general public until next Friday. Thank you for your patience.

What an amazing ride! I have learned so much in the process and I can't wait to get working on our next film. Until then join our newsletter to keep up with everything that is happening with TheProtocol.TV. The next series of video interviews includes Andreas Antonopoulos, former Director of the U.S. Mint Edmund Moy, Dave Babbitt of SWARM, and Adam Draper of Boost.vc

Our new beta website will launch during Inside Bitcoins: Las Vegas. If you happen to be in attendance, stop by the panel I'm on: "Tales from the Crypto: Bitcoin Inspired Art" and say hello.

Cheers! -v.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: