Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:10:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best/easiest way to run a gridseed to mine both sha and scrypt  (Read 1691 times)
yodaone902 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:17:22 PM

my main computer is a macbook pro but i want to run a gridseed 5 chip of a rasberry pi, i'm aware i could do this via minepeon or scrypta but these only use the scrypt mining capacities of the gridseed.
What would you suggest i use in order to mine both algorithms at the same time

Also, as i am using a mac i cannot use windisk32, what is a good sd card writer for mac os.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help mr noob here.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:57:08 PM

my main computer is a macbook pro but i want to run a gridseed 5 chip of a rasberry pi, i'm aware i could do this via minepeon or scrypta but these only use the scrypt mining capacities of the gridseed.

Also, as i am using a mac i cannot use windisk32, what is a good sd card writer for mac os.

May I ask why you want to use your gridseed to mine both algorithms at the same time, or even use your device at all?
yodaone902 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:07:29 PM

May I ask why you want to use your gridseed to mine both algorithms at the same time, or even use your device at all?

Well i currently have asic sha usb chips that i was using on a usb hub but am selling those, my only other peice of mining equipment is the gridseed
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:10:53 PM

Well i currently have asic sha usb chips that i was using on a usb hub but am selling those, my only other peice of mining equipment is the gridseed

You know that running it on scrypt only would yield more, and that what you earn from it is probably less than your electricity consumption, right?
yodaone902 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:36:33 PM

You know that running it on scrypt only would yield more, and that what you earn from it is probably less than your electricity consumption, right?

I don't pay for electricity (legitimate not illegal reason) what would you suggest as an alternative?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:07:59 AM

I don't pay for electricity (legitimate not illegal reason) what would you suggest as an alternative?

If it is a sha miner mine sha, if it is scrypt mine scrypt.    Typically gear that does both will make more at Scrypt.  Honestly i have not looked into to much gear that does both I know there  are dual miners ect.  But typically the asics are geared to one segment of mining find out which algo. is best per day.
Axiste

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:40:42 AM

As is typical, everyone comes in and tells you "dont dual mine".. the question was How to do it, not should he do it!

If you plan to use a raspi, get raspbian going (use google, there will be a few things to install to get cgminer going, works the same for cgminer dmaxl), then install from git https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer/
Also make sure to install "screen" etc

Then, SSH in and run:

screen -dmS SHA256 var/www/cgminer --sha256 -o stratum+tcp://etc -u user -p pass -o --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=750,chips=5,modules=1,usefifo=0,btc=16
 screen -dmS SCRYPT var/www/cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://etc -u user -p pass -o

Noting to of course change /var/www to wherever you build cgminer-dmaxl to.

If my advice has helped you out, feel free to throw some Satoshi's my way!
BTC: 1Nq7hrRDamdnNiTBaFxEn5DuZYS9kD3tbJ
Running a Full Node Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: