Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:24:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BE AWARE , A SCAMMER IS IMPERSONATING ME AND SCAMMING A LOT OF GUYS HERE.  (Read 3744 times)
meade16

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:11:50 PM

The spelling on Skype is atrocious lol  Grin

He's clearly a retard.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:12:24 PM

So what is the scammer selling?

It's always a new account, and it's always a gift card/code.

Some buyers should just know better by now. This has been going on for the past  two months yet same people get scammed several times. I guess BTC is not for everyone.

New account selling gift cards for very good prices = stay way. Reselling those gift cards for a profit knowing there is a good chance they are carded or got other fraudulent ways makes you just as much as a scammer.
meade16

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:12:56 PM

Can his ip not be simply banned ?

No, so easy to get a new one.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:39:43 PM

Can his ip not be simply banned ?

No, so easy to get a new one.

Bitcoin users should be aware of this

Account recovered 08-12-2019
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:22:39 PM

I would greatly appreciate fully understanding how my user account "ggg123" was linked to this guy.

I am not a scammer, (check my feedback completely here, and on cryptothrift).

I buy and sell gift cards for a living, and have been doing so for over 11 years without any problems.

However, some folks on here choose to abuse the reputation system, and give me negative trust without any reason why, and without contacting me.

I used to buy and sell on ebay (%10-20% fees to sell something sucks, and you know that).

I thought the Bitcoin community would appreciate me bringing discounted cards to the marketplace here, however I have been bullied since day one on here by TomatoCage for absolutely no reason.

Looking forward to your prompt response, if you don't want me here just tell me. I will keep my sells on cryptothrift and other sites.

My man, you got one neg from tomatocage and you trying convince others about how genuine seller you are?

Don't make me laugh.
r3wt

Activity: 686

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:34:12 PM

tomatocage is pretty much the authority on scams. he can spot them from a mile away.

FWIW, i've been working on an application for a while now that can compromise proxies and reveal the originating ip. I may offer it to the forum as a means of tracking and identifying suspected scammers, and discovering their personal information. I've already tested it against a basic proxy and i am able to get the ip address of the user hiding behind the proxy. this method involves sending crafted headers that force a request to an addition resource, exploiting a flaw in http 1.1 and therein bypassing the proxy.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:35:04 PM

Really? So you don't see my positive feedback from trusted members on here?

ApolloJMR has bought over $6000 in gift cards from me and has had absolutely no issues or complaints.

Check feedback here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=364303

Check my cryptothrift feedback here:
https://cryptothrift.com/user/jfeagin008/

Only one user is trusted. But beside of anything dosn't proof anything.

Anyone can build up trust rank and then default on something.
Why tomatocage gave you negative feedback?

And trust me on this one: TOMATOCAGE is more trusted than ApolloJMR so obviously will rely on his feedback more than anyone else mentioned.
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:43:30 PM

I would encourage you to look into tomatocage's tactics.

Check his recent trust that he's sent out.

He sendss out negative trust on anyone that opens an account here and tries to sell something.

He did this to me when I first came here, I since proved myself to him and he removed the negative trust.

Now he re-added negative trust for absolutely no reason, other than this thread where some one has accusations about me being someone else.

Ask him than to clear your name openly in thread.
If not ,for me you someone who cannot be trusted regardless of issue between you and him.
ggg123

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:47:43 PM

s1lverbox - so anyone who comes to this site should not be trusted?

It's fine I will move on.

There are plenty of other places that appreciate me, and the service I offer.
s1lverbox
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:53:01 PM

s1lverbox - so anyone who comes to this site should not be trusted?

It's fine I will move on.

There are plenty of other places that appreciate me, and the service I offer.

So go and don't try to convince people about your honesty.

You want me to stop you by saying something like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60fqp2rLUR4

Cry to Tomatocage for his feedback not to me because i rather trust him than you.

And as newbie account who already is marked as untrustworthy- i think you have bigger chance of scamming me than the other way around.

awesome31312

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:00:34 AM

I would greatly appreciate fully understanding how my user account "ggg123" was linked to this guy.

I am not a scammer, (check my feedback completely here, and on cryptothrift).

I buy and sell gift cards for a living, and have been doing so for over 11 years without any problems.

However, some folks on here choose to abuse the reputation system, and give me negative trust without any reason why, and without contacting me.

I used to buy and sell on ebay (%10-20% fees to sell something sucks, and you know that).

I thought the Bitcoin community would appreciate me bringing discounted cards to the marketplace here, however I have been bullied since day one on here by TomatoCage for absolutely no reason.

Looking forward to your prompt response, if you don't want me here just tell me. I will keep my sells on cryptothrift and other sites.

Do you happen to sell virtual debit cards?

ggg123

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:06:30 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 08:50:59 PM by ggg123

awesome31312

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:27:05 AM

No, I buy and sell gift cards.

I do this for a living, and a full time job.

I am not some scammer from vietnam on here selling Starbucks for pennies on the dollar.

I buy cheap PHYSICAL cards from craigslist, and mark them up 10-15% to make a profit selling for BTC or on ebay.

Damn, must be tough doing that for a living

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:00:22 AM

tomatocage is pretty much the authority on scams. he can spot them from a mile away.

FWIW, i've been working on an application for a while now that can compromise proxies and reveal the originating ip. I may offer it to the forum as a means of tracking and identifying suspected scammers, and discovering their personal information. I've already tested it against a basic proxy and i am able to get the ip address of the user hiding behind the proxy. this method involves sending crafted headers that force a request to an addition resource, exploiting a flaw in http 1.1 and therein bypassing the proxy.

My man, you got one neg from tomatocage and you trying convince others about how genuine seller you are?

Don't make me laugh.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, guys. But as ggg123 asked, how exactly is he linked to Entz and all of his alts? I preemptively marked ggg123 with negative rep (again) on good faith that the OP did due diligence in vetting all his alts. Can we get some clarity on how ggg123 is linked to him? Otherwise I'll have to reconsider my negative rating. Thanks in advance!

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Connor936

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:24:39 AM

He sendss out negative trust on anyone that opens an account here and tries to sell something.

He did this to me when I first came here, I since proved myself to him and he removed the negative trust.

Now he re-added negative trust for absolutely no reason, other than this thread where some one has accusations about me being someone else.
This is not quite true. He gives out negative trust to people who fit the profile of scammers. If someone creates an account with the express intention of selling things or borrowing money then they are likely scamming. This is a fact.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:38:13 AM

Which of my recent (or any for that matter) negative trust ratings do you feel were handed out in blatant error or malice? They either have been proven scammers, or match the MO of people who have historically and overwhelmingly turned out to be scammers. New account + loan request? These are almost NEVER paid back, and if you manage to find a successful loan, I'll show you another 75 that were NOT. Same goes for new account + Gift cards; hence my initial negative trading for you.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
dekodoge

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:38:21 AM

so people buying shady gift cards get scammed.

how do you like your karma bitch.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 08:44:24 AM

BiPolarBob, **Yes he is a scammer and he confessed that he was scamming guys and then give free deals with this account to earn some reputation**
Care to provide some proof for that claim? I still haven't seen anything that has proven such a theory, but if someone does provide genuine proof, I will have to adjust my view of him (and remove my +rep).

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
anonymous22 (OP)

Activity: 896

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse ;)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:35:25 PM

Penner is the same shit , he uses the same skype ID that he talked to me before and scammed me with it before. He also uses proxy and HMA and Strong VPN usually show him that he is from Thailand. He maybe a German guy as he told me before, This guy is too smart guys, he wants to ruin this forum.
anonymous22 (OP)

Activity: 896

I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse ;)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:40:24 PM

BiPolarBob, **Yes he is a scammer and he confessed that he was scamming guys and then give free deals with this account to earn some reputation**
Care to provide some proof for that claim? I still haven't seen anything that has proven such a theory, but if someone does provide genuine proof, I will have to adjust my view of him (and remove my +rep).

Sent you a PM with the proof and also view Luke-Jr posts about "bipolarbob"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=719620.msg8720748#msg8720748
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: