Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:36:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First BitcoinComic: The hunt for Satoshi. Be the first to have one!  (Read 6881 times)
BitAddict (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:34:50 AM

Hello! I'm helping my friends to share their new project, BitcoinComic: The hunt for Satoshi.
They have been working on this project really hard for the last year, the comic is nearly finished in Spanish but they need extra funds to finish the English version.

They mainly want to promote and teach about bitcoin they way they love... Doing comics!

Their Crowdsale already raised more than 14 BTC and they need and extra help to reach their 42 bitcoin goal!

They were on Coindesk and CoinTelegraph news.
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-first-comic-book-present-differing-industry-perspectives/
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112509/bitcoins-first-comic-focuses-on-the-hunt-for-satoshi-funding-on-swarm

Any help to spread the bitcoin word with this awesome bitcoin comic is welcomed Smiley

"I am excited to share with you that we started our crowdsale campaign for the English edition of our comic book “Bitcoin: The hunt for Satoshi” with swarm.co

Join our Crowsale and get special rewards! https://www.swarm.co/comiccoin

SWARM Bitcoin comic crowdsale:
Together with SWARM the BitcoinComic.org team is experimenting on the edges of the Bitcoin community to develop new uses for cryptocurrency applying some of the principles of Satoshi. This comic will educate in a fun and easy way and help you share Bitcoin ideas with your friends and family. Our SWARM https://www.swarm.co/comiccoin crowdsale allows us to create ComicCoin to allow their owners to redeem their coin for the first comic book about Bitcoin in the world, vote on the cover and title of the comic book and we are even planning to share the intellectual property rights attached to it.

The comic rewards for you
We have created a great list of rewards and you can buy from a standard copy (0.05 BTC), a special limited founders edition with your name printed on the back of the book, the possibility to donate books to schools and educational institutions and an exclusive cameo appearance in the book so you become part of the story of the Hunt for Satoshi.

How to buy your comic and be part of it?
To join us you can please send the amount in bitcoins of the reward you have chosen to 1GExcD7hJRRSSHYXrz6nvo2pZwTrt5bwAa or open a CounterWallet.co to directly receive your ComicCoins with CounterWallet.co. CounterWallet.co will allow you to directly manage the private keys of ComicCoins using the Counterparty technology for Smart Contracts.

When do you I get my comic?
You will be the first to get the comic together with all other funders and we plan to have it with you before the Christmas holiday 2014.

Please, join me now to become part of the Hunt for Satoshi and share it with your Bitcoin network.

Any questions left? Please call me +34 699 33 55 92 or send an email to hello@bitcoincomic.org and you will get a reply in less than 24 hours.

We also accept donations! 1GExcD7hJRRSSHYXrz6nvo2pZwTrt5bwAa"

fractastical

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Swarm

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:26:26 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 09:39:01 AM by fractastical

Thank you Alex for posting! And of course BitcoinTalk is also part of the first graphic novel of the world ... check out Theymos

https://twitter.com/BitcoinComic/status/510721781762895872

AlexP

fractastical

Swarm

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:21:02 PM

Our winner from the charity auction yesterday! 2btc to help the cause. You can join at swarm.co/comiccoin and check our 1 minute trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PuIGcotHWI

fractastical

Swarm

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:11:29 PM

Today about @BitcoinComic and SWARM.co in the Wall Streeet Journal http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/09/16/bitbeat-is-the-battle-for-bitcoins-soul-already-over/

fractastical

Swarm

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:12:34 PM

Gavin Andresen to sign 5 copies of Bitcoin Comic in memory of Hal Finney for #HalFinney art contest

Bitcoin Foundation Chief Scientist Gavin Andresen will sign 5 copies of the upcoming Bitcoin Comic “The Hunt for Satoshi” in memory of Hal Finney who passed away recently of ALS.

Hal was a pioneer in Cryptography and wrote the original “Re-usable Proofs of Work” (RPOWs) on which Satoshi based his Bitcoin protocol.

The signed copies will be offered as prizes in an art competition to illustrate the first Bitcoin transaction between Satoshi and Hal which we’ll run in late November.

Sept 16, 2014 —

Gavin Andresen will sign five copies of “The Hunt for Satoshi” in dedication to the memory of Hal Finney, the cryptographer who was the first employee at PGP Corporation, who created the Re-Usable Proofs of Work scheme on which Bitcoin is based and who received the first-ever Bitcoin transaction from Satoshi himself.

“The Hunt for Satoshi” is an adventure graphic novel with the objective to educate in a fun way about Bitcoin and money to make it accessible to everyone. Right now running a fundraiser on the SWARM.co/comicoin platform to raise 42BTC in order to go to print in November 2014.

“The Hunt for Satoshi” is the first full length graphic novel that explains Bitcoin and Hal Finney is hidden in the book’s storyline in a decrypted message from the 90s. He also appears in the appendix together with other global Bitcoin personalities.

After Finney passed away the team decided to dedicate the Bitcoin graphic novel to his memory, and asked Gavin Andresen to sign five copies that will be given to the winner of a special Twitter art contest that depicts that first, historic transaction.

Andresen says of the idea: “I’m really excited by the first graphic novel to explain Bitcoin to a popular audience. It’s a great memorial to Hal Finney and the others who helped Bitcoin grow and spread. I can’t wait to get a copy!”

The #HalFinneyBitcoinComic Twitter contest

Twitter based art contest for anyone who creates any type of art, illustrations, photographs, graffiti pieces, videos, html5 animations etc. that convey the first Bitcoin transaction between Satoshi and Hal Finney and is shareable via Twitter.

The pieces of art that gain the most legitimate RTs will win the signed copies by Gavin, (though the judges decision will be final, and we reserve the right to disqualify cheaters!!!)

The artists must use this twitter format: #HalFinney #HuntForSatoshi @bitcoincomic @swarmcorp swarm.co/hal (Your message!)

get at www.swarm.co/comiccoin

tonny.jr

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:55:47 AM

a nice idea Smiley i really enjoy seeing how a bunch of different things are done for the promotion of bitcoin Smiley
fractastical

Swarm

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:36:47 AM

a nice idea Smiley i really enjoy seeing how a bunch of different things are done for the promotion of bitcoin Smiley

Thanks Tony! We have 16btc now of 42 from the global Bitcoin community and 30 days to go https://www.swarm.co/comiccoin

Yesterday we also spoke with Adam B Levine from Lets Talk Bitcoin http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-145-comiccoin-and-anarchy

peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:54:22 PM

congratulation on passing your 100% goal! Cryptocurrency is all about eduction.
I support your project. Keep up the great work.  Smiley
BitAddict (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:10:02 PM

Congrats to all the BitcoinComic team!  Grin Grin Grin
SueGiant

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:26:32 PM

Congrats to all the BitcoinComic team!  Grin Grin Grin

I love the stuff you are making guys..
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 12:01:10 PM

Bump. Are they ready yet?

Cheesy

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 05:07:30 AM

How many of these comics will be produced?
Will most likely become a collectors item in the near future.

BitAddict (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:38:13 PM

Cheesy

They will probably start shipping next week  Cheesy

https://twitter.com/BitcoinComic
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:39:15 PM

Cheesy

They will probably start shipping next week  Cheesy

https://twitter.com/BitcoinComic

Nice!

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:46:44 PM

#BitAddict

Is there a digital version of the comic (.pdf) ?
fractastical

Swarm

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:32:23 AM

#BitAddict

Yes Smiley We will publish the English digital edition and hopefully the Spanish digital edition on Comixology.com, the largest online platform for Comics and graphic novels. The English edition has been approved already and we are waiting for the release together with the physical edition.

There are very few physical copies left in English (most of them are going to people that supported the crowd sale) and we printed 1500 in Spanish which will be distributed in book shops around Spain.

For buying "Bitcoin: The hunt for Satoshi Nakamoto" in English follow this link BitcoinComic.org and click on buy comic which will take you to the Spanish web shop of the publisher. The Spanish edition is available here: BitcoinComic.org/es/

Thanks, Alex

redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:34:27 AM

#BitAddict

Yes Smiley We will publish the English digital edition and hopefully the Spanish digital edition on Comixology.com, the largest online platform for Comics and graphic novels. The English edition has been approved already and we are waiting for the release together with the physical edition.

There are very few physical copies left in English (most of them are going to people that supported the crowd sale) and we printed 1500 in Spanish which will be distributed in book shops around Spain.

For buying "Bitcoin: The hunt for Satoshi Nakamoto" in English follow this link BitcoinComic.org and click on buy comic which will take you to the Spanish web shop of the publisher. The Spanish edition is available here: BitcoinComic.org/es/

Thanks, Alex

Hi,

thanks for the reply , will be able to pay (the digital comic) also with bitcoin ?
fractastical

Swarm

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:38:32 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 01:54:50 PM by fractastical

Hi,

thanks for the reply , will be able to pay (the digital comic) also with bitcoin ?

We will anounce next week that our publisher will be the first comic book publisher in the world (as far as we know) to accept bitcoins for the whole collection for the webshop, but Comixology.com has its own policy. It would be great to organize a campaign with them to motivate them to accept bitcoins, but I think they would need to get hundreds of twitter messages and emails to get interested.

Would be awesome if we can convince them to accept bitcoins Smiley

gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:12:35 AM

This is great Wink I can get you into a comic book near me? Pm me

To peel or not to peel.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:21:14 AM

We will anounce next week that our publisher will be the first comic book publisher in the world (as far as we know) to accept bitcoins for the whole collection for the webshop, but Comixology.com has its own policy. It would be great to organize a campaign with them to motivate them to accept bitcoins, but I think they would need to get hundreds of twitter messages and emails to get interested.

Would be awesome if we can convince them to accept bitcoins Smiley

Oh thanks for the reply , then I'm waiting to your news. I really  would like to buy a .pdf copy, thanks again.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: