Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:56:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Muhammad a.k.a Mohammed actually exist ?  (Read 7739 times)
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 08:59:24 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 06:01:54 PM by girlsgonebitcoin

http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2012/04/23/book-review-did-muhammad-exist-by-robert-spencer/

Scholars have for centuries been pursuing clues to “the historical Jesus” — evidence that the religious figure now known as Jesus Christ actually once existed as a real person. There have been hundreds, if not thousands, of popular books, documentaries, television programs, magazine articles, research papers, films and more on the search for the “real” Jesus. While this investigation into the ultimate origins of Christianity may have once long ago been controversial, it is by now quite commonplace and accepted as a standard part of religious studies, even when the researchers conclude (as they often do) that the evidence for the historicity of Jesus is skimpy at best.

But no similar investigations have ever been conducted on the historicity of Muhammad (a.k.a. Mohammed, depending on the Arabic transliteration). Why not?

Most people assume that no one bothers to investigate whether or not Muhammad was a real person for the same reason that no one bothers to investigate the reality of other religious founders such as Joseph Smith or Martin Luther or Anton LaVey — because the evidence for their existence is overwhelming, well-documented and unquestioned. Regardless of whether or not Muhammad’s teachings were moral or useful, everyone, even the most hardened infidels, of course accepts that he must have existed. Right?

Well, actually, no.......
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:01:29 PM

What are you trying to achieve with this topic?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:02:58 PM

Flame war obviously.

girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 09:03:07 PM

any chance you read the subject line ?
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 09:04:15 PM

Flame war obviously.

what is a flame war never heard of it ?
terrytibbs

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:05:39 PM

I understand the question at hand very well - it is not what I am asking for. Any chance you can read my question?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:07:31 PM

Flame war obviously.

what is a flame war never heard of it ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+flame+war%3F

girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 09:09:17 PM

I understand the question at hand very well - it is not what I am asking for. Any chance you can read my question?

I can't help you if you can't comprehend a question Sad
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 09:10:20 PM

Oh I thought maybe you would cite me a date and time of the war called "flame war"  . No, asking a question isn't starting a flame war.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:12:35 PM

Oh I thought maybe you would cite me a date and time of the war called "flame war"  . No, asking a question isn't starting a flame war.

You didn't ask a question, you asked a loaded question with a paragraph of your evidence against the question. This is a rhetorical question, in that it was never meant to be answered. That is why anyone with a brain thinks you're trolling. Good day.

terrytibbs

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:29:39 PM

I can't help you if you can't comprehend a question Sad
Sad
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:29:47 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2012, 09:46:31 PM by senbonzakura

http://spencerwatch.com/    

http://spencerwatch.com/2012/04/25/temple-university-philadelphia-protestors-condemn-geller-and-spencers-irrational-hatred/

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/03/the-understanding-jihad-series-is-islam-more-likely-than-other-religions-to-encourage-violence/

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/03/warrior-prophet-moses-or-muhammad/

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/01/spencer-distorts-egyptian-society-spreads-interfaith-bigotry/

http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/11/the-churchs-doctrine-of-perpetual-servitude-was-worse-than-dhimmitude/

http://www.islamophobiatoday.com

http://whatiftheyweremuslim.com/2012/04/20/shaul-spitzer-teen-gets-prison-in-religious-dispute-firebomb/

http://whatiftheyweremuslim.com/2012/04/17/richard-hess-says-god-told-him-to-kill-terrorist-neighbors-believe-it-or-not-the-cops-didnt-buy-that-one/
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:35:25 PM

I named my truck Mohammad, but then I changed it to Mongo.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 09:38:17 PM

Doesn't sound so much like a "phobia" as it does a proper bit of research into the history as available. The article appears to lay out many logical conclusions, but I would have to read the book and all its sources before making a profound statement of my own.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 10:40:24 PM

Doesn't sound so much like a "phobia" as it does a proper bit of research into the history as available. The article appears to lay out many logical conclusions, but I would have to read the book and all its sources before making a profound statement of my own.

I've never understood why people take such offense to things all he posted was protests ?  I'm a islamophobia now I suppose for asking the question and giving some logical statements to back up that thinking.

girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 10:44:57 PM

You didn't ask a question, you asked a loaded question with a paragraph of your evidence against the question. This is a rhetorical question, in that it was never meant to be answered. That is why anyone with a brain thinks you're trolling. Good day.

Clearly a question existed loaded or not it is there. I just threw in what the current thinking is.
terrytibbs

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 10:54:26 PM

I'm a islamophobia
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 01:06:51 AM

I've never understood why people take such offense to things all he posted was protests ?  I'm a islamophobia now I suppose for asking the question and giving some logical statements to back up that thinking.

I didnt call you islamophobic or that you are ''islamophobia''

i recognized from the link , robert spencer, so i posted those links, so people can read and decide for themselves who is a scholar with good arguments against islam and who is just a hater/islamophobic

we believe in mohamed, we believe in moses and jesus too , jesus and other prophets are mentioned more times in the quran than mohammed, this tells you whats important in islam is the message " there is no god but allah " , mohamed is not god like jesus.

so who , what , is mohamed?  defiantly isn't a person ? Is it a carrot ?  what is it  ? why can't anyone explain this ?

The reason this is a problem and issue that needs to be raised is people are dying/being jailed because of a false deity ?

http://news.yahoo.com/egypts-most-popular-comedian-adel-imam-guilty-insulting-152733011--abc-news-topstories.html
splatster

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 03:57:20 AM

so who , what , is mohamed?  defiantly isn't a person ? Is it a carrot ?  what is it  ? why can't anyone explain this ?

You "defiantly" be trollin'.

I will say that, though I am no religious scholar, I can asure you that Mohamed was not an "it", nor was he a carrot.
girlsgonebitcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 04:31:33 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2012, 05:01:49 PM by girlsgonebitcoin

The reason this is a problem and issue that needs to be raised is people are dying/being jailed because of a false deity ?

http://news.yahoo.com/egypts-most-popular-comedian-adel-imam-guilty-insulting-152733011--abc-news-topstories.html

1. mohammed is a prophet/messeger, just like moses, adam, abraham, jesus, jacob, joseph etc..

2. mohamed is not a deity , we do not worship mohammed, mohamed was just a human like jesus and moses.

3. we can read this in the link you gave :-

A similar situation arose in January when a case was brought against Coptic Christian businessman Naguib Sawiris by Islamist lawyers for tweeting a cartoon of Mickey Mouse with a long beard and Minnie Mouse with her face veiled. The case was later thrown out.

false god to you , but not to them. this is their law, freedom of speech has limits everywhere, you cant for example deny the holocaust in germany/austria or display nazi propaganda or symbols  or hitler salute.

people are also dying and being jailed because of US foreign policy & its wars/crusades , I dont see you attacking the US government for its crimes and policies?

That is just it you can't claim something if it never existed - moses, adam, jesus, jacob are all well documented as existing  you would think there would be some sort of documentation or mention of this supposed prophet/messenger somewhere? Imagine debating a “Christian” about religion, and he never mentions the Bible, Christianity, or Jesus. You might begin to doubt that he was a Christian at all. Something like 80 years after he was dictating stuff  does he supposedly show up.

"Arabic documents and artifacts, there is no mention of or example of any Qur’anic text until the year 691, a full 80 years after Muhammad supposedly started dictating it"

didnt bush say "god told me " to go to war ? and called a crusade ? i dont see you blaming Christianity ?

Christianity isn't at fault for the attack on Americans by Islamic radicals. You realize muslims, jews, hindus you name it where all killed on 9/11 - so does that make it a "crusade" in retaliation ?   You can try to frame it that way but it doesn't hold water. I mean I might as well just make up stuff also right ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: