Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen in Pennsylvania sentenced to two years for deep-throating Jesus  (Read 6350 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:11:31 AM

Teen Faces 2 Years in Prison for Taking a Lewd Photo…..With a Statue
The young man is charged with “Desecration of a Venerated Object.”, which is defined as “Defacing, damaging, polluting or otherwise, physically mistreating in a way that the actor knows will outrage the sensibilities of persons likely to observe or discover the action.”
http://tinyurl.com/nu85ugq

Account recovered 08-12-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:59:10 AM

Call it a crime of cheeky behavior. You need to deal with the fact that he was being a public nuisance. If I started fucking the drain hole in the road on your block, am I protected by any legal rights?

I also had a good laugh at fools who think this is protected under 1st amendment. People who don't even know what that means have no right to hold such a privilege.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:19:14 AM

Call it a crime of cheeky behavior. You need to deal with the fact that he was being a public nuisance. If I started fucking the drain hole in the road on your block, am I protected by any legal rights?

I also had a good laugh at fools who think this is protected under 1st amendment. People who don't even know what that means have no right to hold such a privilege.
Looks like his dong's in his pants and nobody's around. What do I care if you dry-hump a drain in the middle of nowhere with your shorts on?

(or skorts? Long boxers...? Unsure what those are called... "skateboard asshole attire")
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:19:36 AM

You don't know what two years means.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:34:31 AM

Unless he used the pictures for propaganda purposes, he should be let off with a warning. That said, his behavior was pretty provocative, given the fact that the majority of the Americans are religious Christians. BTW, that guy seriously needs to get laid. The lack of a female companion can sometimes result in illogical behavior, such as this incident.  Grin
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:28:00 AM

He should be sentenced to some community service and home confinement for fair amount of time at most a relatively short stay in jail if you ask me.  This is pretty disturbing to think a judge would even consider allowing such a long jail sentence and that DA should be worried about losing his job for having such horrible judgment on the matter.

I'm ashamed to admit how hard I laughed at the pics because that is a gross act in so many ways.  But there is no way a person should go to jail for that long over something like this, that is the real crime..
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 06:44:18 AM

WTF is wrong with LAW?? Give the kid a break, He was just being stupid (like most teenagers), bash on a head and some community service should be enough. Catch real criminals and put them in jail morons!! Angry

If he goes to jail for 2 years, he will definitely turn into a criminal which he isn't atm.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:44:05 AM

Meanwhile the rapist in Columbia runs free.

Looks like his dong's in his pants and nobody's around. What do I care if you dry-hump a drain in the middle of nowhere with your shorts on?

(or skorts? Long boxers...? Unsure what those are called... "skateboard asshole attire")

Because it's Jesus and kids should be locked up for the crime of touching a statue, because apparently "Cheeky behavior" is a new law.

Shame on all of you who said the kid needs to be sentenced to two years in a supposedly free country.

I'll quote the article because those who said this isn't protected under the 1st amendment haven't read the article

"This is a charge that was often used against people who burnt American flags in protest.
In Texas v. Johnson, Johnson was charged with Desecration of a Venerated Object for burning an American Flag during the 1984 Republican National Convention in Dallas.

The case brought to light questions about whether or not expressive acts were protected under the amendment. The supreme court ultimately decided that the burning of the flag in protest was in fact, protected speech, since it was done in an expressive manner with obvious political intentions."

He should be sentenced to some community service and home confinement for fair amount of time at most a relatively short stay in jail if you ask me.  This is pretty disturbing to think a judge would even consider allowing such a long jail sentence and that DA should be worried about losing his job for having such horrible judgment on the matter.

I'm ashamed to admit how hard I laughed at the pics because that is a gross act in so many ways.  But there is no way a person should go to jail for that long over something like this, that is the real crime..

There was no obscenity, unless you are offended because he's shirtless.

Unless he used the pictures for propaganda purposes, he should be let off with a warning. That said, his behavior was pretty provocative, given the fact that the majority of the Americans are religious Christians. BTW, that guy seriously needs to get laid. The lack of a female companion can sometimes result in illogical behavior, such as this incident.  Grin

Actually, if he used the pictures for "propaganda purposes", then he can be let off using the First Amendment. Read the constitution.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 11:00:40 AM

I'm trying to be serious about it, but that photo is just hilarious Cheesy If he goes to jail then this basically just shows up the Christians for the morons they are.
Honeypot

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

Oh, most of us do Smiley

Some of us know better than others. Some of us also know the difference between privilege and responsibility, rights and consequences, and opportunity and freedom.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:35:43 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 11:59:11 AM by Balthazar

I'm trying to be serious about it, but that photo is just hilarious Cheesy If he goes to jail then this basically just shows up the Christians for the morons they are.
Not only christians, but muslims too. Because Jesus is one of their prophets.

P.S. I seen this photo at morning and it was the fastest awakening. Cheesy
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:41:07 AM

putting someone in jail for 2 years for taking a photo humping a statue is insane even if he was completely naked (which he wasn't).
was there any damage done to property or the well being of someone else? no.

unless he does this repeatedly and was already punished for doing it before but continues anyway this should be a 100$ fine at most.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:57:09 AM

Forget about fines or prison, it's only a minor issue in this case. Actually I think that he should be grateful for protection. Because there are incredible amount of religious fanatics who can kill him with very brutal manner. Public trial and symbolic imprisonment could be the only way to save his life.
Honeypot

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:20:52 PM

putting someone in jail for 2 years for taking a photo humping a statue is insane even if he was completely naked (which he wasn't).

unless he does this repeatedly and was already punished for doing it before but continues anyway this should be a 100$ fine at most.

Be sure not to set up any family pictures or plaque with your name and picture on them, then get upset when someone decides to publicly behave with it in such a manner that is both unprovoked and unwarranted.
DDuckworth

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

I just love how it was because it was a "venerated object" what the hell happened to seperation of church and state? Who is to decide what is a jesus figurine and what isn't?

Is THIS a venerated object? 

BabesForBitcoin.com - Custom pics & vids from real girls for cash or bitcoin!
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:53:57 PM

Be sure not to set up any family pictures or plaque with your name and picture on them, then get upset when someone decides to publicly behave with it in such a manner that is both unprovoked and unwarranted.

It might be in bad taste but pretending to hump a plaque or Jesus isn't or shouldn't be against the law. People need get over themselves.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:00:41 PM

It might be in bad taste but pretending to hump a plaque or Jesus isn't or shouldn't be against the law. People need get over themselves.

Are you kidding? Every time I look at that photo I start laughing LOL Tongue
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:19:29 PM

Are you kidding? Every time I look at that photo I start laughing LOL Tongue

What has that got to do with anything? People who think there's something wrong with the image need to get over theirselves.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:14:47 PM

Oh, most of us do Smiley

Some of us know better than others. Some of us also know the difference between privilege and responsibility, rights and consequences, and opportunity and freedom.

This is a classic example of the exercise of free speech and to a degree, divergent views on the subject.

For this matter to even go to court would be very, very wrong.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 03:23:42 PM

There is no such thing as privilege in regards to freedom of speech and freedom of expression, people who say otherwise are trying to subvert it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: