Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:29:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen in Pennsylvania sentenced to two years for deep-throating Jesus  (Read 6350 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:54:38 PM

He should be sentenced to some community service and home confinement for fair amount of time at most a relatively short stay in jail if you ask me.  This is pretty disturbing to think a judge would even consider allowing such a long jail sentence and that DA should be worried about losing his job for having such horrible judgment on the matter.

I'm ashamed to admit how hard I laughed at the pics because that is a gross act in so many ways.  But there is no way a person should go to jail for that long over something like this, that is the real crime..

WHY?  WHy should he see any sort of punishment?  Please do tell.

Because his rights end where my feelings begin

Account recovered 08-12-2019
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:51:22 PM

He should be sentenced to some community service and home confinement for fair amount of time at most a relatively short stay in jail if you ask me.  This is pretty disturbing to think a judge would even consider allowing such a long jail sentence and that DA should be worried about losing his job for having such horrible judgment on the matter.

I'm ashamed to admit how hard I laughed at the pics because that is a gross act in so many ways.  But there is no way a person should go to jail for that long over something like this, that is the real crime..

WHY?  WHy should he see any sort of punishment?  Please do tell.

LMAO.. no
DDuckworth

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:48:32 AM

He should be sentenced to some community service and home confinement for fair amount of time at most a relatively short stay in jail if you ask me.  This is pretty disturbing to think a judge would even consider allowing such a long jail sentence and that DA should be worried about losing his job for having such horrible judgment on the matter.

I'm ashamed to admit how hard I laughed at the pics because that is a gross act in so many ways.  But there is no way a person should go to jail for that long over something like this, that is the real crime..

WHY?  WHy should he see any sort of punishment?  Please do tell.

LMAO.. no

Pretty sure that was sarcasm

BabesForBitcoin.com - Custom pics & vids from real girls for cash or bitcoin!
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:22:31 AM

He should be sentenced to some community service and home confinement for fair amount of time at most a relatively short stay in jail if you ask me.  This is pretty disturbing to think a judge would even consider allowing such a long jail sentence and that DA should be worried about losing his job for having such horrible judgment on the matter.

I'm ashamed to admit how hard I laughed at the pics because that is a gross act in so many ways.  But there is no way a person should go to jail for that long over something like this, that is the real crime..

LMAO.. no

The most amusing part is that the said 'sarcasm' applies to themselves the best, as evidenced by this thread, but leave it up to these fools to spit lying down thinking it's clever Cheesy
r3wt

Activity: 686

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:36:53 AM

LMAO.. no

The most amusing part is that the said 'sarcasm' applies to themselves the best, as evidenced by this thread, but leave it up to these fools to spit lying down thinking it's clever Cheesy

`spit lying down`? is that slang for scat sex? Lips sealed

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:11:01 AM

I think it is considered a lewd criminal act in public and he took a photo of it.  That was my understanding of the situation anyway.  I gave an opinion of how it could have been better handled from a rational viewpoint(IMO), while not trying to judge.  I hope that explanation clarifies my opinion on he matter better for you.
redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:38:45 AM

I sense sarcasm in your statement, however it technically does make a very good point. All that he did was offend people. Yes it was immature however there is no victim nor any potential victim in what he did. He has the right to express himself how he chooses, and he has the right to say things that are offensive as long as it is not something that would reasonably start a fight or danger to others (like saying "fire" in a theater)
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:13:39 AM

I don't understand why you think he should be punished at all for this. It has been reported that he did this in protest against the church as he does not agree with the people of the christian religion.
counter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:35:20 AM

I don't understand why you think he should be punished at all for this. It has been reported that he did this in protest against the church as he does not agree with the people of the christian religion.

I'm not saying he should be punished I'm saying he should atleast face a reasonable punishment if any at all.  If that act is considered illegal that is what I'm talking about, regardless of what I feel is fair or right, it doesn't matter in the least.  I'm not the DA I'm just stating what I think is plausible for someone to do in that position.  If people are angry about this including then it's likely some kind of punishment is to come.  My point is that the punishment if any at all should fit the crime simple as that.
dontCAREhair

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:09:29 AM

I'm not saying he should be punished I'm saying he should atleast face a reasonable punishment if any at all.  If that act is considered illegal that is what I'm talking about, regardless of what I feel is fair or right, it doesn't matter in the least.  I'm not the DA I'm just stating what I think is plausible for someone to do in that position.  If people are angry about this including then it's likely some kind of punishment is to come.  My point is that the punishment if any at all should fit the crime simple as that.
I would argue that no crime has been committed. I would not be surprised if this case made it to the supreme court. It is clear that the DA is going to move forward with this case, and who knows how the courts will rule, but IMO his actions were clearly protected by the constitution.
counter

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:17:21 AM

I would argue that no crime has been committed. I would not be surprised if this case made it to the supreme court. It is clear that the DA is going to move forward with this case, and who knows how the courts will rule, but IMO his actions were clearly protected by the constitution.

Though I don't like what he did I don't think he should have any significant punishment.  It's disrespectful and in bad taste to be done in broad daylight in public but the is the long and short of it IMO.  I'd be interested to see how the supreme court would rule and I'd be surprised it the case made it that far honestly.
TRex95

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:21:33 AM

Though I don't like what he did I don't think he should have any significant punishment.  It's disrespectful and in bad taste to be done in broad daylight in public but the is the long and short of it IMO.  I'd be interested to see how the supreme court would rule and I'd be surprised it the case made it that far honestly.
Why would it not make it to the supreme court? To my knowledge there has not been a supreme court case that involves the defacing of a religious statue in the way that it was "defaced" therefore there is not precedent for the lower courts to find him not guilty because of constitutional protections (especially the trial court). If the boy wants to stick up for his rights then he should escalate the case this high if he is tried for this crime, even if found guilty 
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:43:05 AM

Bet you he'll think twice about fucking with Jesus.  Wink

All you dumb ass liberals crying can go EAD. You play with fire you get burned. You have the right to free speech, but you don't have the right to trespass and feign sexual acts on statues.
Not even this one?

ETA:

Well played, Google.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:28:31 PM

Bet you he'll think twice about fucking with Jesus.  Wink

Alright, I don't know if your pun was intentional

Also,

You have the right to free speech, but you don't have the right to trespass and feign sexual acts on statues.

Why not? Both rights are secured by the same constitutional amendment.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:53:02 PM

Isn't it interesting that the church doesn't like free speech when people choose to oppose them, but embraces free speech with great enthusiasm when it likes to spew out it's hate and bile against homosexuality for example.

Isn't that interesting. Cheesy

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:54:56 PM

I'm not saying he should be punished I'm saying he should atleast face a reasonable punishment if any at all.  If that act is considered illegal that is what I'm talking about, regardless of what I feel is fair or right, it doesn't matter in the least.  I'm not the DA I'm just stating what I think is plausible for someone to do in that position.  If people are angry about this including then it's likely some kind of punishment is to come.  My point is that the punishment if any at all should fit the crime simple as that.

Though I don't like what he did I don't think he should have any significant punishment.  It's disrespectful and in bad taste to be done in broad daylight in public but the is the long and short of it IMO.  I'd be interested to see how the supreme court would rule and I'd be surprised it the case made it that far honestly.
Why would it not make it to the supreme court? To my knowledge there has not been a supreme court case that involves the defacing of a religious statue in the way that it was "defaced" therefore there is not precedent for the lower courts to find him not guilty because of constitutional protections (especially the trial court). If the boy wants to stick up for his rights then he should escalate the case this high if he is tried for this crime, even if found guilty  

Because the statute was not in any way damaged.    

Consider as an alternative if he'd stood there and put a stream of urine on it.  He could be considered to have damaged it.  But he didn't.

So the "Defacing" is completely in the mind and not in the physical world.  

There is no reason for this to go to the Supreme Court.  There is simply no legal argument against the kid except the ability and desire of the DA and/or the property owners to harass him.

Side note:  Of the people I know who consider themselves religious/deeply religious/fundamentalist I can't think of ANY who would condone prosecuting this kid.  Zero.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:55:04 PM

Some rich fundie probably wanted him behind bars

r3wt

Activity: 686

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:52:59 PM

Isn't it interesting that the church doesn't like free speech when people choose to oppose them, but embraces free speech with great enthusiasm when it likes to spew out it's hate and bile against homosexuality for example.

You sound "butthurt"(some pun intended)

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:39:10 PM

You sound "butthurt"(some pun intended)

Makes no sense

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:57:50 PM

Actually, no.  Only a tiny minority of people who call themselves Christians spew out hate and bile against homosexuality, as the basic tenets of the religion aren't very oriented toward propagating hate and bile...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: