Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:30:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need 100-200 GPU 5xxx series {$500 bounty}  (Read 3220 times)
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 10:58:24 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2012, 12:23:14 PM by 01BTC10

Edit: We are still looking for a contact for bulk. Added 500$ bounty to the one who find the best deal. My partner is ready to go to China to meet the seller. I can travel to US/Canada if required.

The best price I found is on Alibaba.com but I'm afraid about counterfeited product.

Anyone could get me in touch with a trustworthy company?

The GPU will be shipped to Thailand so if the company is in Asia it's perfect!

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inspector 2211

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 12:02:59 AM

The best price I found is on Alibaba.com but I'm afraid about counterfeited product.

Anyone could get me in touch with a trustworthy company?

The GPU will be shipped to Thailand so if the company is in Asia it is perfect!
I can sell you 16 used ones.
They all work.
Send me a PM.
I'm located in California & would have to get a shipping quote to Thailand.

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
BTC-GREEN       ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Ecological Community in the Green Planet
❱❱❱❱❱❱     WHITEPAGE   |   ANN THREAD     ❰❰❰❰❰❰
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 05:04:00 PM

Why not contact the manufacturers directly? Such a large quantity would surely get you a volume discount.

01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 05:18:18 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2012, 05:50:38 PM by 01BTC10

Why not contact the manufacturers directly? Such a large quantity would surely get you a volume discount.
Thank's I will try.

EDIT: Found Thaïland sales office. My partner will call tomorow.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 06:18:24 PM

Thank's I will try.

The 5000 series hasn't been produced for years.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 10:14:11 PM

Thank's I will try.

Let us know how that goes, just for curiosity Tongue
antirack

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

Immersionist

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 11:06:45 PM

Not sure on the availability (I know nothing about GPUs) but for this quantity and price you can't just send them money and hope for the best.

You need to use a supplier that can use L/C (letter of credit), even if the amount is relative small and it's trouble to set it up with your bank. You should also visit them, or have somebody to do that for you. Speak to several suppliers and be prepared to stay a few days in China to meet a few of them to make your time worthwhile.

It wouldn't be the first and last time somebody pays and they never ship anything, or they ship something else.

We have been doing this for over a decade, but last time we got burned was not even a year ago. Ordered a few thousand SD cards for a device that boots Linux on power up from a new supplier. When we got the shipment, only the first layer on top was good, all the other cards are clearly RMAs (scratches, markings, etc). The guy who took care of the order was only working for the company for a few weeks and my colleague was too stressed to properly monitor him. We are using more expensive and branded SD cards now, which we can get locally. If I would have been aware of this order I could have told them up front this will not end well Wink

Also, don't trust their shipping dates. I've a lot of items on order from who I believe is the factory. First they had stock and promised 10 days. Then some component was missing and hence it takes longer to manufacture. When I requested bulk packing (ie. I don't need them to pack them one by one, I don't even need the retail packing) they said impossible because goods already in stock. Which one is it? Take home message (at least for cheaper items that you need in larger quantities anyway): place orders with multiple factories, they all sell the same crap anyway. If they say 1 months, it will take 2. Be careful even with repeat orders, unless you know the factory very well.

Be very careful with China in general, especially if you have no experience ordering directly. The people who order directly from China successfully go through many extra steps and I am almost certain they had to learn their lesson or two when they started out. Everyone on Alibaba will claim they have stock and they are the manufacturer. It's one of the worst sites, always has been.

I am in Hong Kong by the way.
Valalvax

Activity: 437

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 12:44:22 AM

Another thing, even at 70 dollars a piece, you're talking 14000 before shipping, it's worth the extra cost/time to visit them and see the actual manufacturing floor etc
bitmonster1070

Activity: 86
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:13:06 AM

There are some suppliers on Alibaba that are good for these things, or actually the chipsets.  Sometimes you may find they have both available too.  I was looking at doing the same thing for the 5870's and found an ebayer with a bunch of chipsets that was also on alibaba(a gold seller).  I found the boards at Diamond as I called them directly .  Yes they have this stuff laying around here and there....too many calls and headache.  Long story short, just buy them on ebay or from people here on the forum.  None of these places(big manufacturers) want to mess with custom orders and when they do, you will pay more for the card as they are not going to set up to make a couple hundred outdated 5000 series cards for cheap.  There are tons out there.  Just take you time and shop around.  Soon you will have more than you know what to do with.  Looks like someone gave you a good start here on the forum with 16 in one shot. 
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:15:02 AM

I'm interested to see what option you end up going with.  I was looking on alibaba for some other parts myself but not sure who I can trust on there also. Still working on that.

01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 11:37:16 AM

Thank's I will try.

Let us know how that goes, just for curiosity Tongue
They only offer 6950 and 6970. They will get back to us for the bulk price.
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 12:06:28 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2012, 12:19:11 PM by 01BTC10

We are still looking for a contact for bulk. Added 500$ bounty to the one who find the best deal. My partner is ready to go to China to meet the seller. I can travel to US/Canada if required.

01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 12:20:33 PM

I'm interested to see what option you end up going with.  I was looking on alibaba for some other parts myself but not sure who I can trust on there also. Still working on that.
They stop replying to us when we ask for manufacture address  Huh
Imsimon

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 03:00:34 PM

They stop replying to us when we ask for manufacture address  Huh

As a Chinese, I can tell that they manufacture address is simply a random factory located in somewhere around Shenzhen, Guangdong province. BTW, I would like to help you with contacting the Chinese side, in Chinese. Smiley

█ DECENT FOUNDATION █ ICO ⏰ 10th of September (http://decent.ch/)
01BTC10 (OP)
VIP

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 03:10:09 PM

I sent you contact info via PM.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 03:40:37 PM

This guy has a 10 GH/s farm for sale:

http://www.bitcointrading.com/forum/index.php?topic=446.0
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 06:26:39 PM

This guy has a 10 GH/s farm for sale:

http://www.bitcointrading.com/forum/index.php?topic=446.0

Undecided 12,5 GHash for 10k. No thanks.

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 08:53:02 PM

Tech Data is sitting on 140 5870's.  They are the mac versions but would work fine on Linux. I made them an offer but they didn't want to sell them.  They will eventually though.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 04:00:58 AM

I can source you that number of GPUs fairly easily.

But be warned atm there is more or less 0 new product in the market in China. Most of what is being sold as new is refurbed versions of saphire or powercolor boards. These refurbs are cheap but blow out pretty quick, so you'd essentially be throwing away money.

There is also the option of buying from smaller Chinese domestic manufacturers like www.jyvga.com they will do you really low pricing on volume orders however the last batch I purchased from them was full of substandard components and as such overall not worth the hassle of dealing with. I even shipped one to Graet from Ozcoin for testing, it worked fine for about a week and then suddenly let out the magic smoke.

You might want to think of higher numbers of GPUs but with less punch 6770s can be bought here for around 65-70 USD at a retail level so if volume buying you can get prices a lot lower than that for new ok decent brand product.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 03:55:07 PM

I can source you that number of GPUs fairly easily.

But be warned atm there is more or less 0 new product in the market in China. Most of what is being sold as new is refurbed versions of saphire or powercolor boards. These refurbs are cheap but blow out pretty quick, so you'd essentially be throwing away money.

There is also the option of buying from smaller Chinese domestic manufacturers like www.jyvga.com they will do you really low pricing on volume orders however the last batch I purchased from them was full of substandard components and as such overall not worth the hassle of dealing with. I even shipped one to Graet from Ozcoin for testing, it worked fine for about a week and then suddenly let out the magic smoke.

You might want to think of higher numbers of GPUs but with less punch 6770s can be bought here for around 65-70 USD at a retail level so if volume buying you can get prices a lot lower than that for new ok decent brand product.

X2 on the 6770 idea... they are basically the same as the 5770 and typically do 185MH stock or 225MH overclocked. They stay cool, use far less energy than the 5830 and buying new would get you a warranty (if you care).

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: